League of Legends patch 12.4 is here with a new-look Zaun champion Renata Glasc, the Arcane-themed Firelight Ekko skin, and several nerfs to characters including power-pick pocket rocket Zeri, meta champ Qiyana, and more.
- Renata makes her LoL debut
- Zeri, Smite top nerfs headline patch 12.4 changes
- Popular Firelight Ekko skin returns
League of Legends Season 12 rolls on, and players are already being treated to another new champion to add to their collections.
Renata Glasc, a Chem Baroness from Zaun, has made her debut. She arrived alongside nearly two dozen champion changes. These include Zeri and Qiyana nerfs — funnily enough, in the same update Qiyana gets a new skin — as well as buffs for, Aatrox, Lucian, and more. On top of that, Riot targeted supports in solo lanes.
Your Shop also returned with this update, so here’s all the details on League of Legends patch 12.4.
What’s coming in LoL patch 12.4?
Renata Glasc arrives
The second new champion of League of Legends Season 12 is finally here: Renata Glasc, the Chem Baroness.
Lore-wise, Renata is a member of the aristocracy in the polluted city of Zaun, running Glasc Industries with the intention of “redefining beauty through state-of-the-art technology” while bringing Chemtech to the masses.
In-game, she’s a support whose kit is all about buffing up her enemies with her array of Chemtech gadgetry. With a ‘mind-control’ element to her ultimate turning enemies against themselves and a pseudo-revive on her W, she’s an enchanter unlike any other.
Renata Glasc is fully playable now that the League of Legends patch 12.4 is out.
Zeri, smite top nerfs headline balance changes
Zeri had almost every part of her kit changed in an attempt to shift her away from less traditional AP builds into a more crit-based marksman build.
As for the enchanter top lane strategy with Smite, Riot nerfed that two-fold with big changes to Objective Bounties and support items. Objective Bounties are now halved if teams have multiple support items, while the penalty for farming with a support item early has been increased.
Other meta picks like Qiyana saw some changes, while less flavor of the month options like Kalista has been buffed. However, planned Master Yi changes have been delayed as Riot reconsiders their approach.
Firelight, Shockblade skins
The most notable skin release coming in 12.4 is the return of “Firelight Ekko,” the long-awaited Arcane crossover skin that was sent back to developers for tweaks in late 2021 during the height of the show’s popularity.
Alongside Ekko’s new look, Kassadin, Shen, and Qiyana will also be getting shocking new versions of the “Shockblade” skin line, to match Zed’s iconic variants.
Here’s all the skins in this update:
- Firelight Ekko
- Brave Phoenix Xayah Prestige Edition
Dexerto can confirm each of the new skins coming in 12.4 will also include eight different chroma styles. Renata will also have several chroma designs too.
Take a look at the biggest developments in the League of Legends 12.4 update patch notes below, courtesy of Riot Games.
League of Legends patch 12.4 notes
Q: The Darkin Blade
- Sweetspot damage: 150% ⇒ 160%
- Physical damage reduction: 2/4/6/8/10 (+3% bonus armor) (+3% bonus magic resist) ⇒ 5/7/9/11/13 (+3% bonus armor) (+3% bonus magic resist)
R: Enchanted Crystal Arrow
- Missile speed: 1600 ⇒ 1500 (+200 per second of travel time), up to 2100
- Base health regeneration: 8.5 ⇒ 7.5
- AD growth: 4.2 ⇒ 3.5
- Attack damage: 61-132.4 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 61-120.5 (levels 1-18)
R: Maximum Dosage
- Cooldown: 110/100/90 seconds ⇒ 110 seconds at all ranks
- Attack speed: 0.571 ⇒ 0.625
W: Harsh Lesson
- Bonus physical damage: 3/3.5/4/4.5/5% (+2% per 100 AD) of target’s maximum health ⇒ 3/3.5/4/4.5/5% (+4% per 100 AD) of target’s maximum health
- Fixed a bug where, if Illaoi died right after pulling an enemy’s Spirit with E – Test of Spirit, nearby Tentacles would not attack the Spirit
- Armor: 21 ⇒ 24
Q: Piercing Light
- Mana cost: 50/60/70/80/90 ⇒ 48/56/64/72/80
E: Tidecaller’s Blessing
- On-hit damage (per hit): 20/35/50/65/80 (+20% AP) ⇒ 25/40/55/70/85 (+20% AP)
- Gameplay (hitbox) radius: 80 ⇒ 65
Q: Blooming Burst
- Additional bloom damage: 40/60/80/100/120 (+20% AP) ⇒ 40/65/90/115/140 (+20% AP)
- Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 seconds ⇒ 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
- Neeko’s real sho’ma: When playing as Neeko, your center HUD (i.e. the buff icons above your skills) will now always display your actual buffs, rather than the buffs of the ally you are disguised as if using Passive – Inherent Glamour. Enemies who click on you will still see the buffs of the ally you are disguised as in the target UI at the top of their screen.
Nunu & Willump
- Health growth: 82 ⇒ 76
- Health at level 18: 1934 ⇒ 1832
- Healing from champions: 60/88/116/144/172 (+72% AP) (+8% bonus health) ⇒ 45/66/87/108/129 (+54% AP) (+6% bonus health)
Passive: Royal Privilege
- Additional physical damage: 15-83 (levels 1-18) (+55% bonus AD) (+30% AP) ⇒ 15-83 (levels 1-18) (+45% bonus AD) (+30% AP)
- Armor: 31 ⇒ 36
- Health growth: 93 ⇒ 100
- Health at level 18: 2181 ⇒ 2300
- Base armor: 23 ⇒ 21
- Armor growth: 3.75 ⇒ 4
- Armor at level 18: 86.75 ⇒ 89
E: Event Horizon
- Cooldown: 18/16.5/15/13.5/12 seconds ⇒ 20/18/16/14/12 seconds
- Fixed Q – Baleful Strike’s tooltip to correctly state that last hitting enemy champions grants 1 stack of Phenomenal Evil, not 3
- Critical strike change damage multiplier: Deals 0.5% ⇒ 0.75% more damage per 1% critical strike chance
Uncharged basic attack
- Magic Damage: 15-40 (levels 1-18) (+4% AP) ⇒ 10-25 (levels 1-18) (+3% AP)
- Damage increase: 300% ⇒ 500% against enemies below 35% health
Charged basic attack
Slow: 20/25/30/35/40% ⇒ 14/23/32/41/50% (based on Q rank)
Slow duration: 1.5 seconds ⇒ 1 second
Q: Burst Fire
- Damge: 10/15/20/25/30 (+110% AD) ⇒ 9/13/17/21/25 (+110% AD)
- Updated – Burstier bursts: Burst Fire’s critical strikes now also multiply its base damage (in addition to its AD ratio)
- Excess attack speed to AD conversion: 50% ⇒ 60%
W: Ultrashock Laser
- Cooldown: 10 seconds at all ranks ⇒ 13/12/11/10/9 seconds
- Slow: 50/55/60/65/70% ⇒ 30/40/50/60/70%
E: Spark Surge
- Cooldown: 23/21.5/20/19.5/17 seconds ⇒ 23/22/21/20/19 seconds
- Cooldown reduction: 1.5 seconds ⇒ 1 second per champion hit with charged basic attacks or abilities
R: Lightning Crash
- Bonus attack speed: 30/35/40% ⇒ 30% at all ranks
- Q – Burst Fire crits will no longer trigger Navori Quickblades’ passive to reduce the cooldown of Q – Burst Fire
- Tear of the Goddess now correctly treats Q – Burst Fire as a basic attack and will no longer grant stacks when it is cast; Zeri’s right-click basic attack will continue to be treated as a spell and trigger Tear stacks
Ally Item Pings now available
- You can now display your allies’ item cooldowns and charges in-game by pinging an item’s icon in the “Tab” scoreboard! Item icons in the scoreboard will also have timer VFX to visually indicate their status, similar to those on Summoner Spells.
Total cost: 150 gold ⇒ 300 gold
Base health regeneration: +50% ⇒ +100%
Sell-back ratio: 70% (sells for 105 gold) ⇒ 40% (sells for 120 gold)
- Total cost: 650 gold ⇒ 800 gold
- Base health regeneration: +50% ⇒ +100%
- Combine cost: 700 gold ⇒ 400 gold (total cost unchanged)
- Base health regeneration: +150% ⇒ +200%
- Combine cost: 650 gold ⇒ 500 gold (total cost unchanged)
Support Gold Income Items
- Spellthief’s Edge / Black Mist Scythe (support items)
- Gold value bounties: Gold value bounties (a.k.a. CS bounties) are now based on the number of support gold income items on each team, rather than assuming each team has one support gold income item
- Objective bounties: Enemy gold leads are now significantly less likely to lead to Objective Bounties activating if there are two or more support gold income items on your team
- Tribute/Spoils of War (Passive) – Minion farming penalty: Receive diminishing gold from excessive (4 minions per minute) ⇒ (2 minions per minute until 5 minutes; 4 minions per minute thereafter) minion kills. This diminished gold penalty is now also more severe during the first 5 minutes of the game. (All else unchanged)
- Bounty linger period: 15 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds after Objective Bounties fall off
Bugfixes & QoL changes
- Fixed a bug where champions would be able to cast some Summoner Spells while traveling through Hextech Gates (including Smite)
- Fixed a bug where Ahri’s Passive – Essence Theft could obtain essence from champion clones
- Fixed a bug where Janna would incorrectly gain E – Eye of the Storm’s passive heal and shield power boost upon slowing or knocking up enemy champions, even when she hadn’t learned the skill yet
- Fixed a bug where Senna’s R – Dawning Shadow would change direction if you casted it while your cursor was hovering over Senna’s champion icon in your central HUD
- Fixed a bug where you would sometimes still receive some of Death’s Dance’s Ignore Pain’s stored damage, even after triggering Defy with a champion takedown
- Fixed a bug where Yorick’s Maiden of the Mist would get stuck inside structures when walking near them. The Maiden will now be Ghosted and move through structures and units in true ghost-like fashion
- Kai’Sa’s ability tooltips and evolution trackers for her Passive – Second Skin’s Living Weapon have been fixed and will correctly account for her bonus attack damage and attack speed
- Fixed a bug where, if Zed casted his W – Living Shadow and recasted it while his Q – Razor Shuriken was in flight, both shurikens would launch from Zed’s new position (as opposed to 1 shuriken from each location)
- Fixed a bug where Gangplank would receive a Tear of the Goddess stack upon casting E – Powder Keg
- Fixed a bug where, if Tahm Kench applied three Passive – An Acquired Taste stacks on an enemy champion, he would sometimes still be able to R – Devour them after his stacks expired if he used certain item actives
- Zoe’s W – Spell Thief ability icon will now display the correct damage value for stolen Smites
- Fixed a visual bug where Aphelios’ casting bar would not animate properly when upon activating W – Phase
- Fixed a bug where players would receive an incorrect notification if they tried to change lobbies while in queue
- The SFX that plays when creating a game lobby has been restored
- PsyOps Pyke’s W – Ghostwater Dive SFX that plays for enemies with low health (below his ultimate’s execute threshold) has been adjusted for gameplay clarity
- PROJECT: Jinx’s critical strike hit SFX have been restored
- The debuff VFX on enemies hit by Ahri’s E – Charm have been fully restored
- Teleport and Unleashed Teleport’s tooltips have been fixed and will display accurate cooldown timers
- The information displayed in the Dragon Soul buff’s scoreboard tooltip has been corrected
- Watchful and Vigilant Wardstones’ tooltips have been fixed to display the correct number of wards currently placed
- Smite’s tooltips in Champ Select and Collections have been restored
“As high priest of the Shockblade order, Kassadin has a deep connection to the Storm few understand, but all respect. It is the power of his station that allows the Shockblades to follow their targets in and out of the spirit realm, going where no one else can to protect the people under their charge.”
“Once half of an elite operative duo for the Shockblade order, Shen stepped away from combat after he made a mistake that nearly cost the life of his partner, Zed. Now Shen mentors young shinobi training to join their ranks– but his new charge may inspire him to take up his sword and join the fight once more.”
“Tempestuous as the Storm itself, Qiyana braved the Cloud Ritual despite warnings that no one had survived in years. Perhaps it was her display of stubborn courage the Storm found worthy, or something else; either way, she is now Shen’s student, determined to master lightning the same way she mastered the other elements.”