League of Legends patch 12.12 notes: Bel’Veth nerfs, Seraphine buffs
League of Legends patch 12.12 is here, and right off the bat Riot are giving Bel’Veth the ban hammer. The June update will also do another pass on healing following the Grievous Wounds nerfs, and there’s buffs in line for Seraphine and others: here’s the patch notes.
As League of Legends pro play returns, the ramifications of the game’s durability update will be open for all to see starting in mid-June. However, the live game is already moving on as Riot continues tinkering with all the big changes in LoL patch 12.12.
After the last update addressed more than 30 outliers, this fortnight’s list is decidedly shorter — 20 champions are in the developer’s sights with an even 50-50 split for buffs and nerfs.
Healing is the main talking point of the patch following LoL patch 12.11’s Grievous Wounds nerf. However, some build path adjustments in the aftermath of the durability update are also on the cards (look out Shaco and Katarina players specifically).
Here’s what you need to know about League of Legends patch 12.12, including the full notes and changes.
What’s changing in LoL patch 12.12?
Bel’Veth immediately nerfed after her release
The Empress of the Void, Bel’Veth, has corrupted Summoner’s Rift. While her launch was somewhat quiet, she has been terrorizing players — especially in low elo — and that’s put the hypercarry jungler in Riot’s sights come LoL patch 12.12.
- Read More: Sivir rework confirmed for League Season 12
She is yet another champion nerfed immediately after release, although her power level isn’t as problematic as launch Zeri, for example. Bel’Veth boasts a 52% win rate in all ranks currently, although it is negative from Platinum and up.
Riot shifted some power away from her ultimate to share it with the rest of her base kit. They are also limiting her infinite scaling by cutting her passive attack speed growth at level 13.
She’s not the only champion nerfed either: Dr. Mundo, Fiora, Janna, Lucian, Singed, Viego, and Zeri (yes, again) also got toned back in the update.
Major healing adjustments after Grievous Wounds nerf
Riot made another big durability change following LoL patch 12.10’s update by nerfing Grievous Wounds again just two weeks later. What that has led to though is a healing meta where drain tanks and enchanters reign supreme.
In patch 12.12, the developers turned up healing to be more in line with expectations. This includes adjustments to Soraka and Yuumi and the aforementioned nerfs to Dr. Mundo and Viego.
Developer ‘TheTruexy’ said “healing outliers from nerfed Grievous Wounds” is the big theme of these changes, so not all healing is being cut.
Nilah news on the horizon
League of Legends players got more info on Nilah shortly after LoL patch 12.12.
With the Joy Unbound teased on June 16, details about the “mysterious” champ have unveiled what people can expect out of the next bot laner.
From the looks of her kit, she’s Riot’s next big experiment to mix up the bot-lane gameplay from what people are used to.
New Snow Moon skins revealed plus Ashen Knight Pantheon
It’s a small patch for skins in LoL patch 12.12. Sandwiched between the Ocean Song release and the long-awaited (and rumored) Star Guardian event, Riot are dropping a new skin line: Snow Moon.
Caitlyn, Illaoi, and Kayn are getting cosmetics in the new skin line that’s a winter twist on the dark Blood Moon skins. Caitlyn and Illaoi will be getting eight chromas for their new skins, while Kayn will only get four.
On top of that, Riot are refreshing the Mythic shop with a new Ashen Knight Pantheon skin and a first-of-its-kind Mythic chroma for Final Boss Veigar. They’ll both be available for purchase starting in LoL patch 12.12, and will remain in the shop for around three months.
You can find the LoL patch 12.12 notes below, courtesy of Riot. These are in testing until June 22, 2022, so be sure to check back for any updates across the coming days.
League of Legends patch 12.12 notes
Q: Bandage Toss
- Mana cost: 70 ⇒ 30/35/40/45/50
R: Curse of the Sad Mummy
- Damage: 150/250/300 ⇒200/300/400 (+80 percent AP)
- AP ratio: 75% ⇒ 80%
R: Summon: Tibbers
- (Tibbers) Base health: 1200/2100/3000 > 1300/2200/3100
- (Tibbers) Base armor and magic resistance: 30/50/70 > 30/60/90
- Basic attack range: 125 > 175
- Health regeneration: 8.5 > 6
- Health regeneration growth: 0.85 > 0.6
- Health regeneration at level 18: 22.95 > 16.2
Passive: Death in Lavender
- Bonus attack speed per Lavender stack:0.25-1.25% (levels 1-18) ⇒ 0.28-1% (levels 1-13)
- The Lavender CS: Bel’Veth now gains 1 Lavender stack per large minion
E: Royal Maelstrom
- Minimum damage per hit: 8/11/14/17/20 (+6% AD) ⇒ 8/10/12/14/16 (+6% AD)
- Life steal: 20/22/24/26/28% ⇒ 20/21.5/23/24.5/26%
R: Endless Banquet
- Explosion damage based on target’s missing health: 25/30/35% ⇒ 25% at all ranks
- Bonus attack range: 50/75/100 ⇒ 50 at all ranks
- Void Remora health: 70% ⇒ 50/60/70% of minion’s maximum health
- Bel’Veth’s true form E – Royal Maelstrom animation has been tweaked at higher attack speeds
- Bel’Veth’s true form basic attack animation has been adjusted to swing slightly less at slower attack speeds
- Sheen will no longer proc if Bel’Veth attempts to cast Q – Void Surge in a direction that is on cooldown
- Bel’Veth’s Q – Void Surge no longer deals double the intended true damage from R – Endless Banquet’s passive
- Fixed a bug where, if she was already in her true form, Bel’Veth would lose her health bonus upon consuming Void Coral
- Fixed a bug where, if Bel’Veth’s Void Remora attacked an undead Sion, Void Coral would spawn when his passive expired
- Fixed a bug where Bel’Veth’s true form duration sometimes failed to properly refresh upon consuming Void Coral
- Fixed a bug where Bel’Veth’s basic attack SFX were sometimes audible to enemies through Fog of War
Q: Rocket Grab
- Damage: 90/140/190/240/290 (+120 percent AP) > 105/155/205/255/305 (+120 percent AP)
R: Static Field
- Detonation Damage: 250/375/500 (+100 percent AP) > 275/400/525 (+100 percent AP)
Passive: Goes Where He Pleases
- Health regeneration: 1-2% maximum health (levels 1-18) ⇒ 0.8-1.6% maximum health (levels 1-18)
R: Maximum Dosage
- Increased base health: 10/15/20% missing health ⇒ 8/11.5/15% missing health
Passive: Duelist’s Dance
- Bonus true damage: 3% (+5.5% per 100 bonus AD) ⇒ 3% (+4.5% per 100 bonus AD) of target’s maximum health
Q: H-28 G Evolution Turret
- Turret health: 150-575 (+5-40%) (levels 1-18) ⇒ 175-700 (+5-40%) (levels 1-18)
- Turret base magic damage: 6/9/12/15/18 (+35% AP) ⇒ 7/11/15/19/23 (+35% AP)
E: CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade
- Cooldown: 12 seconds ⇒ 11 seconds
Passive: Friend of the Forest
- Base health cost: 23.5-6.5% (levels 1-18) ⇒ 20-3% (levels 1-18)
Base mana cost: 34.5-9% (levels 1-18) ⇒ 30-4.5% (levels 1-18)
- Shield: 70/100/130/160/190 (+75% AP) ⇒ 80/115/150/185/220 (+75% AP)
- Daisy health: 1250/2500/3750 (+50% AP) ⇒ 1300/2600/3900 (+50% AP)
- Daisy armor and magic resistance: 15/40/90 (+5% AP) ⇒ 20/50/100 (+5% AP)
- Movement speed bonus:6/7.5/9/10.5/12% (+2% per 100 AP) ⇒ 6/7/8/9/10% (+2% per 100 AP)
- Slow: 24/28/32/36/40% (+6% per 100 AP) ⇒ 20/24/28/32/36% (+6% per 100 AP)
E: Eye of the Storm
- Shield: 75/100/125/150/175 (+60 percent AP) > 65/90/115/140/165 (+55 percent AP)
- Mana growth: 40 > 55
- Mana (level 18): 980 > 1235
Passive: Martial Cadence
- Cooldown: 6 seconds ⇒ 6/5/4/3 seconds (levels 1/6/11/16)
- Dagger bonus AD ratio: 75% ⇒ 65%
- Damage: 15/30/45/60/75 (+50% AD) (+25% AP) ⇒ 20/35/50/65/80 (+40% AD) (+25% AP)
R: Death Lotus
- Physical damage per dagger: 16% (+12.8% per 1.0 total attack speed) bonus AD ⇒ 16% (+16% per 0.7 total attack speed) bonus AD
- On-hit effectiveness per dagger: 25/30/35% ⇒ 28/33/38%
- Attack damage: 62 ⇒ 60
Q: Piercing Light
- Damage: 95/130/165/200/235 (+60/75/90/105/120% bonus AD) ⇒ 95/125/155/185/215 (+60/75/90/105/120% bonus AD)
E: Beat Drop
- Cooldown: 11/10.5/10/9.5/9 seconds ⇒ 10 seconds
- SLow/Stun duration: 1 second ⇒ 1.5 seconds
- Health growth: 103 ⇒ 99
- Health at level 18: 2381 ⇒ 2313
- Armor growth: 4.7 ⇒ 4
- Armor at level: 18 109.9 ⇒ 98
- Physical damage: 25/35/45/55/65 (+25% bonus AD) ⇒ 25/35/45/55/65 (+40% bonus AD)
W: Jack In The Box
- Magic damage: 10/15/20/25/30 (+9% AP) ⇒ 10/15/20/25/30 (+12% AP)
E: Two-Shiv Poison
- Magic damage: 70/95/120/145/170 (+70% bonus AD) (+50% AP) ⇒ ??70/95/120/145/170 (+75% bonus AD) (+60% AP)
W: Mega Adhesive
- Slow: 60% ⇒ 50/55/60/65/70%
R: Insanity Potion
- Base stats increase: 30/60/90 ⇒ 20/60/100
- Healing: 125/200/275 (+50% AP) ⇒ 150/250/350 (+50% AP)
- No longer removes Grievous Wounds
Passive: Sovereign’s Domination
- Heal on possession: 2.5% of target’s max health ⇒ 2% of target’s max health
E: Harrowed Pass
- Removed – Stealthy stuns: Casting E – Harrowed Pass while charging W – Spectral Maw no longer instantly stealths you
- Bonus physical damage: 15/20/25% (+3% per 100 bonus AD) ⇒ 12/16/20% (+3% per 100 bonus AD) of lowest health or closest enemy’s missing health
Passive: Shepherd of Souls
- Mist Walker health: 100-185 (levels 1-18) (+15% of Yorick’s maximum health) ⇒ 110-212 (levels 1-18) (+20% of Yorick’s maximum health)
- Mist Walker move speed: 300 ⇒ 325
R: Eulogy of the Isles
- Maiden health: 300/1000/3000 (+70% Yorick’s health) ⇒ 350/1100/3300 (+75% Yorick’s health)
- Maiden chase range on E: 1600 ⇒ 1000
Passive: Bop ‘n’ Block
- Shield: 56-360 ⇒ 60-380
- Heal: 70/100/130/160/190 (+35% AP) ⇒ 70/90/110/130/150 (+35% AP)
- Bonus movement speed: 15% (+6% per 100 AP) ⇒ 20% (+6% per 100 AP)
- Health regen at 18: 12.6 ⇒ 15.15
- Health regen growth: 0.55 ⇒ 0.7
W: Ultrashock Laser
- Damage: 10/45/80/115/150 (+150% AD) (+70% AP) ⇒ 20/55/90/125/160 (+130% AD) (+60% AP)
- Critical strike damage: 17.5/78.75/140/201.25/262.5 (+262.5% AD) (+122.5% AP) ⇒ 25/96.25/157.5/218.75/280 (+227.5% AD) (+105% AP)
- Now includes Fiendish Codex in build path
- Serpent’s Fang no longer applies additional shield reduction beyond 50% based on enemy’s bonus heal and shield power
- Shadowflame’s additional magic damage based on ignored MR is no longer mitigated by target’s MR
Maximum bonus move speed: 45% ⇒ 25-50% (levels 7-18)
Damage: 40-120 (levels 1-18) (+20% bonus AD) (+10% AP) ⇒ 20-180 (levels 1-18) (+25% bonus AD) (+15% AP)
Cooldown: 90-60 seconds (levels 1-18) ⇒ 120-60 seconds (levels 1-18)
- All jungle monsters and wards will now be visible instantly, even upon dashing or blinking into visible range.
Bugfixes and QoL Changes
- Sona can no longer gain an additional Passive – Power Chord-empowered basic attack by casting an ability immediately after another empowered basic attack
- Doran’s Ring’s Drain passive has been restored and will properly regenerate health if you already have full mana
- Fixed a bug where, if Olaf hit a Blast Cone while his R – Ragnarok was active, he would not get knocked back by it
- Olaf’s W – Tough It Out basic attack reset will interact with Hail of Blades properly (similar to Jax’s W – Empower, allowing up to 4 basic attacks empowered by the rune) stacks
- Fixed a bug where Olaf’s E – Reckless Swing could heal towers if he casted it on the same target that the tower was last hitting
- Fixed a bug where casting Lux’s R – Final Spark as Sylas would incorrectly cost him mana
- Fixed a bug where Wukong’s Q – Crushing Blow would not grant Tear of the Goddess stacks
- Champion-created clones can no longer apply the burn effect from Emberknife and Hailblade’s Sear passive
- Fixed a bug where Evenshroud’s Coruscation passive would incorrectly also count as a slow
- Fixed a bug where the VFX for Banshee’s Veil and Edge of Night would sometimes not be visible
- Several VFX (Everfrost) and SFX (Ornn’s E – Searing Charge, Crown of the Shattered Queen, Dead Man’s Plate, Turbo Chemtank, Zhonya’s Hourglass, and Stopwatch) have been fixed and will no longer be visible or audible through Fog of War
- Fixed a bug where Sion, Karthus, and Kog’Maw’s corpses would have active unit collision after their passives expired (i.e. could cause minion blocking)
- Fixed a bug where double digit KDAs would sometimes display incorrectly on the scoreboard
- Fixed a bug where error text would sometimes appear in party lobbies upon hitting the Find Match button
- Fixed a bug where the Season Split Start modal would incorrectly display Victorious Morgana
- Syndra, Rell, and Nautilus’ Champion Select role tags have been fixed
Ashen Knight Pantheon
“A brave knight of old, who legends say slew a god in battle so that all humankind might see that they were their own masters. Standing watch over the ashes of his former lands, Patheon himself is now the only foe left to conquer, and he awaits a worthy challenger to face one final time.”
Snow Moon Caitlyn
“A tool of chilling acuity, Caitlyn is the Snow Moon’s most elite sniper. It was her craving for a calculating nature, stripped of the moorings of sympathy, that drew her to serve. There was once warmth in her heart; in dreams, she sees a figure, wild and untamed, in a world not meant for her.”
Snow Moon Illaoi
“Illaoi, the High Priestess of the Snow Moon, imagines a world free of the madness that consumes it. Her vision can only be realized when every soul is cleansed, every demon ripped from its bindings. Maintaining order with an icy resolve, she’ll stop at nothing, her own humanity a fleeting memory.”
Snow Moon Kayn
“The communion was nearly complete. Kayn could feel the Blood Moon demon writhing within. It was then that the Snow Moon assassins struck. Stolen away from that temple into theirs, Kayn was inducted into the Snow Moon Order, their ancient ways piercing and unfamiliar. Only time will tell if their taming of his spirit holds.”