League of Legends Patch 10.8 will be heavily focused on the bot lane, with seven AD carries receiving changes in the next update due on April 15.
The next patch for League might not feature a champion-altering rework, but it’ll still have massive effects on the meta. Patch 10.8 is going to specifically target the bot lane, with seven ADCs receiving either buffs or nerfs.
Lead game designer Mark ‘Scruffy’ Yetter gave League players a rundown of what to expect on April 6 as Riot looks to “rebalance the ADC meta.”
Riot’s new favorite punching bags, Aphelios and Senna, are once again due for a beating. While they have both been nerfed substantially in recent patches, they are still being picked in the majority of pro games.
Aphelios' mid-game will be taking another hit, with nerfs to his Q scaling and armor penetration. As for Senna, she will have a harder time farming souls, with the drop rate nerfed by 3%, down to 22%.
Varus and Kalista, two other popular bot laners, will also be facing nerfs. Both champions have seen a rise in popularity in Season 10, edging to above 50% win rate and 10% play rate for the first time in years.
Sett and Master Yi round out the nerf list, with the top laner and jungler respectively being deemed to have too much power loaded into their kits.
10.8 Patch Preview with changes.
Not 100% final, but almost done. pic.twitter.com/4649hNluhU
— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) April 7, 2020
As for buffs, three AD carries will be the lucky recipients of changes. Ashe, Tristana, and Xayah will be given a leg-up in Patch 10.8. It’s a much needed adjustment for the two latter champions, who are currently grovelling with the lowest solo queue win rates out of any ADC.
Soraka has also been in a spot of bother since her Patch 10.4 nerfs during her stint in top lane. Previous buffs haven’t hit where Riot were intending, so the support will be receiving help with managing her mana in 10.8.
Urgot, Evelynn, Ryze, and Orianna are all set for buffs, as well as jungle generally. More power is being woven into jungle items by amplifying healing in the jungle while low. A late XP increase is on the way, to compensate for the removal of catchup experience in Season 10.
The Coven skins, including Coven Zyra Prestige Edition, will also be dropped during Patch 10.8. Morgana and LeBlanc are also receiving skins in the cosmetic line.
On the TFT side of things, a new unit, Xerath, is being released. The five-cost Dark Star Sorcerer will be looking to shake up the meta, adding more late-game power to some comps.
League of Legends Patch 10.8 will be released on April 15. You can find the full patch preview below.
League of Legends Patch 10.8 preview notes
- Stat level up: 3-18% bonus armor penetration > 2-12 lethality
- Q scaling: Levels 1-9 > Levels 1-13
- Base armor: 23 > 21
- E slow: 25-45% > 10-42%
- R attack speed: 30-80% > 25-65%
- Soul spawn rate on minions Senna doesn't kill: 25% > 22%
- W base damage: 90-210 > 80-180
- R cooldown: 110-70 seconds > 130-70 seconds
- Q attack speed: 20-40% > 20-60%
- Q damage: 25-35 > 30-50 (per spike)
- W speed and slow amount: 20-40% > 30-50%
- E AP ratio: 0.4 > 0.5
- Health: 570.48 > 575
- Attack damage: 55.04 > 56
- Q movement speed after consuming runes: 20-40% > 28-44%
- Base mana: 375 > 425
- Q mana cost: 60-80 > 45-65
- E bonus AD ratio: 50-130% > 50-170%
- Q damage: 25-205 (+0.7 AD) > 25-225 (+0.8 AD)
- R cooldown: 120-70 seconds > 100-70 seconds
- E damage falloff per feather: 10% > 5%
- Jungle camp XP increased by 10% at level 9+
- Jungle item sustain increased by 50% when below 30% HP
- Early game Homeguard on death: 50% movement speed, decaying over 5 seconds
- Shared kill XP reduced by 20% (levels 1-6), 10% (levels 7-8)
- Solo kill XP increased by 20% (levels 1-6), 10% (levels 7-8)