The Wukong rework should finally be hitting live servers on League of Legends Patch 10.6 according to the update preview, alongside a host of changes in the jungle pool, general balancing, and a ranked queue update.
With League Patch 10.5 in the books, next week’s changes are already in focus as Riot looks to continue pushing changes to the top lane and jungle, while nerfing some of the game’s more oppressive champions.
Lead game designer Mark ‘Scruffy’ Yetter highlighted the areas League developers are targeting for the upcoming patch, set for release on March 18.
On the shortlist of nerfs are Senna, Aphelios, Garen, Darius, and Shaco. The first two have been problems in the bot lane for most of Season 10, with the new releases dominating both solo queue and pro play.
In an attempt to nerf both AD carry and support Senna, as well as the popular Fasting Senna strategy, Riot are reducing the attack damage she gains from her Absolution stacks from 1 to 0.75. This will give her less guaranteed scaling and stop her from snowballing out of control too early.
As for Aphelios, he's having his Severum lifesteal cut, Infernum damage to minions dropped, and his chakrams will do less damage overall.
10.6 Preview with the current changes. This is 95% done, but there may be a few more tweaks before it goes live.
As always, we appreciate all of the feedback and try to take it all into account. pic.twitter.com/zwuY01wE32
— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) March 10, 2020
There’s plenty of champions in line for buffs on Patch 10.6 too. A total of 12 champions are receiving direct buffs, while another six are being added into the jungle pool as part of Riot’s attempt to diversify the role.
Expected Anivia’s changes to her ultimate's interaction with crowd control have been sidelined for the time being, although she will still be buffed. Her ultimate will now slow for three seconds instead of two, making her E easier to hit.
Wukong's rework is expected to be dropped on either Patch 10.6 or 10.7. While there’s a lot on the cards, there’s some particularly interesting changes, like his ultimate having a double cast, and his W clone now mimicking Wukong’s abilities.
Draven, Hecarim, Kayn, Kindred, Morgana, Soraka, Twisted Fate, Urgot, Veigar and Xerath are all also getting buffs, while Brand, Morgana, Shen, Teemo, Yorick, and Zyra will be receiving jungle-specific changes to help switch up the role.
The autofill and duo parity update for ranked solo and flex queues will also be pushed live in the upcoming update as Riot tries to make the matchmaking system more balanced.
League of Legends Patch 10.6 is expected to release on March 18. You can read the full preview patch notes below.
League of Legends Patch 10.6 preview notes
- R Frostbite duration: 2 seconds > 3 seconds.
- Passive now deals 120% damage to monsters.
- W movement speed: 40-60% > 50-70%.
- R fear duration: 0.75-1.5 seconds > 0.75-2 seconds (based on distance).
- Passive orb rate increased.
- AD per level: 2.26 > 2.5.
- W missing health restored: 32-100 > 45-100.
- R heal: 200-300 > 200-400.
- Movement speed: 330 > 335.
- W now deals 150% damage to monsters.
- E shield amount: 60-300 > 80-300.
- Mana regen per level: 0.8 > 1.
- W damage: 80-160 > 80-200.
- Q max monster damage: 75-175 > 120-200.
- Q total heal: 40-80 > 50-90.
- Q movement speed buff: 10-20% > 15-25%.
- Blind duration doubled against monsters.
- E deals 150% damage to monsters.
- Blue Card AP ratio: 0.5 > 0.9.
- Red Card AP ratio: 0.5 > 0.7.
- Q slow duration: 1 second > 1.25 seconds.
- E stun duration: 0.75 seconds > 1 second.
- Q damage: 70-230 > 80-240.
- W sweet spot damage amplification: 50% > 66.7%.
- R damage: 200-280 (+43% AP) > 200-300 (+45% AP)
- Graves spawn on large monster death.
- Ghouls take 50% reduced damage from monsters.
- Plants deal 150% damage to monsters.
- Severum lifesteal: 8-25% > 3-20%.
- Infernum damage to minions: 45% > 30%.
- Mini-chakram damage: 30-173% > 24-164% total AD.
- W bonus damage: 50-70% > 40-60% total AD.
- W mana cost: 30 > 40.
- E mana cost: 45 > 60.
- Magic resist per level: 1.25 > 0.75.
- E crit scaling: 50% > 33%.
- Passive AD per soul: 1 > 0.75.
- Soul cooldown per champion: 4 seconds > 6/5/4 seconds (level 1/6/11).
- R clone auto attack damage: 75% > 60% total AD.
- Now builds out of Aegis of the Legion + Vampiric Scepter + Caulfield's Warhammer + 500g (total cost: 3,600g).
- AD lowered from 80 to 50.
- Now gives 30 armor and magic resist.
- Ranged users take 20% of damage taken as a bleed effect. Melee users still take 30%.
- Monster Hunter penalty now additionally lowers minion XP by 50%.
- Cooldown: 360 seconds > 420-240 seconds (champ level).
- Now grants 30-45% movement speed for three seconds after channelling.