League of Legends patch 11.18 notes: Worlds buffs, Grievous Wounds nerfs, Pentakill returns
League of Legends patch 11.18 notes revealed.
League of Legends patch 11.18 is here — here’s all the LoL notes & changes coming on September 9, including shock Grievous Wounds nerfs, seven new Pentakill skins, a whopping two-dozen buffs ahead of the World Championship, and plenty more.
- Two dozen champs buffed for Worlds
- Pentakill skins return with “Lost Chapter” album
- Patch delayed at least 24 hours for Labor Day
This patch — 11.18 — starts a two-update cycle heading into the 2021 League of Legends World Championship, Dexerto has confirmed with Riot Games devs.
In an interesting twist this year, Jeevun Sidhu revealed, the LoL balance team is going to “avoid limiting the patch by requiring matching buffs with nerfs one-for-one” like they usually do. Instead, in a bid to sow chaos in the pro scene’s biggest event of the calendar, they’re powering up more than two dozen champs.
For this patch, Riot has three goals:
- Focus on pro, but “do not break solo queue”
- Do not introduce any changes that may be reverted
- “Open up options” in the pro metagame
On top of those changes, League of Legends will also see a shift in how Grievous Wounds works. These updates will be focused around Dr Mundo and Soraka — both of whom suffer greatly from the heal cut — and give them “cleanse” abilities via their iconic health-based ultimates.
The Predator rune will also get changes in this patch.
And, finally, two skin lines will be getting cosmetic releases; Tristana will be getting a Hextech upgrade, while seven champs are in line for Pentakill skins.
Here’s all the details on League of Legends patch 11.18.
What’s coming in League of Legends patch 11.18?
Grievous Wounds changes buffs Soraka and Dr. Mundo
Riot is taking another look at how the Grievous Wounds debuff interacts with some of their most iconic League of Legends healers, like Soraka and Dr. Mundo.
“I would not say we think Grievous Wounds is in an optimal state,” Sidhu explained. “We do want to revisit the system.”
“In the meantime, we’re going to change Dr. Mundo and Soraka to smooth them out a bit given the counter items available.
“The goal is to increase performance when GW is applied to them, and slightly reduce it otherwise. A fair amount of champions invest heavily in healing; these two, more than others, are entirely built around healing as the output they actually offer.
“This is contrast to say, Aatrox, Vladimir, or Swain, who definitely care about healing but have a lot of healing-independent offensive outputs to give their team.”
New Pentakill, Hextech skins
Riot Games are shipping several League of Legends skin lines in the next update, including seven long-awaited “Pentakill” cosmetics, and a new “Hextech” release.
Pentakill is a popular virtual band that is comprised of League of Legends champions which are performed by numerous musicians. The death-metal band is returning with another album, Lost Chapter, their third studio release.
The band is also getting a wardrobe overhaul, with seven new skins added to the game.
Here are all the new LoL skins:
- Pentakill III: Lost Chapter
- Dissonance of Pentakill Viego
- Hextech Tristana
Each new Pentakill III: Lost Chapter skin will come with at least eight chromas. Hextech Tristana, however, will not be shipping with them.
Viego is the newest Pentakill member, joining in League of Legends patch 11.18.You can find the full League patch 11.18 notes below.
League of Legends patch 11.18 notes
- Base attack damage: 57 ⇒ 55
W — Volley
- Cooldown: 14/11.5/9/6.5/4 seconds ⇒ 18/14.5/11/7.5/4 seconds
Passive — Adaptive Defenses
- Cooldown: 16/13/10 seconds (at levels 1/7/13) ⇒ 20/15/10 seconds (at levels 1/7/13)
Passive — League of Draven
- Draven’s Adoration stack count updates will now be displayed in All chat, not just Team chat
R — Whirling Death
- New: If Whirling Death drops an enemy’s health to or below Draven’s current Adoration stacks, it executes them
Q — Infected Bonesaw
- Maximum damage to monsters: 300/350/400/450/500 ⇒ 350/425/500/575/650
R — Maximum Dosage
- On cast, immediately heals 20% of missing HP ⇒ grants 15/20/25% of missing HP as Bonus HP for 10s
- Heals 20/45/70% ⇒ 20/40/60% of max HP over 10s
Passive — Nimble Fighter
- Damage reduction vs basic attacks: 4 (+1% Ability Power) ⇒ 8 (+2% Ability Power)
- Damage reduction vs other sources unchanged
W — Seastone Trident
- On-hit damage: 10/15/20/25/30 ⇒ 20/25/30/35/40
R — Chum The Waters
- Guppy damage: 150/250/350 (+80% Ability Power) ⇒ 150/225/300 (+70% Ability Power)
- Chomper damage: 225/325/425 (+100% Ability Power) ⇒ 200/275/350 (+85% Ability Power)
- Gigalodon damage: 300/400/500 (+120% Ability Power) ⇒ 250/325/400 (+100% Ability Power)
- Health: 540 ⇒ 570
- Health growth: 82 ⇒ 90
Passive — Hextech Capacitor
- Bonus move speed and ghost duration: 1.25 seconds ⇒ 0.75 seconds
Q — Switcheroo!
- Fishbones mana cost: 20 ⇒ 16/17/18/19/20
E — Supercharge
- Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds ⇒ 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds
R — Fate’s Call
- Knockup duration: 1.5/1.75/2 seconds ⇒ 1/1.5/2 seconds
- Base Armor: 26 ⇒ 28
E — Inspire
- Shield: 80/125/170/215/260 ⇒ 90/135/180/225/270
E — Void Ooze
- Damage: 75/120/165/210/255 (+50% Ability Power) ⇒ 75/120/165/210/255 (+70% Ability Power)
- Base attack damage 70 ⇒ 68
- Base health regen: 1.5 ⇒ 0.5
- Health regen growth: 0.75 ⇒ 0.55
Passive — Dream-laden Bough
- Healing against large monsters: 18-94 (based on level) ⇒ 27-104 (based on level)
Q — Blooming Blows
- Passive stack duration: 5.5 seconds ⇒ 6.5 seconds
E — Swirlseed
- Cooldown: 18 seconds ⇒ 16 seconds
R — Bullet Time
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Total waves: 12/14/16 ⇒ 14/16/18
E — Black Shield
- Cooldown: 26/24/22/20/18 seconds ⇒ 24/22/20/18/16 seconds
- Base attack speed: 0.625 ⇒ 0.688
- Health regen: 1.8 ⇒ 1.5
Q — Edge of Ixtal / Elemental Wrath
- Now does 25% bonus damage against monsters
- If Qiyana’s target begins a dash or teleport during her E+Q buffer, Q will aim at their last position before dashing/teleporting
- If Qiyana has an E+Q buffered but does not have vision of her target when the cast completes, Q will aim the last position she could see her target in
E — Audacity
- Base damage: 60/90/120/150/180 ⇒ 50/80/110/140/170
W — Ruthless Predator
- Empowered stun duration: 1.5 seconds ⇒ 1 second
- Empowered self-lockout duration: 0.75 seconds ⇒ 0.52 seconds (matches normal W)
Passive — Junkyard Titan
- Overheated attack speed: 50% ⇒ 20-80% (based on level)
W — Scrap Shield
- Cooldown: 7/6.75/6.5/6.25/6 seconds ⇒ 6 seconds
R — Insanity Potion
- Singed now applies Grievous Wounds on targets upon dealing any damage during Insanity Potion’s duration
R — Wish
- Clears Grievous Wounds on allies before applying the heal
Q — Threaded Volley
- Casting Threaded Volley on Worked Ground now refunds 50% of the spell’s cooldown
- Worked Ground radius: 450 ⇒ 300
- Worked Ground duration: 45 seconds ⇒ 25 seconds
Q — Noxian Diplomacy
- Base damage: 65/90/115/140/165 ⇒ 65/85/105/125/145
W — Rake
- Now deals 50% bonus damage against monsters
- Move speed: 335 ⇒ 330
E — Flay
- Maximum passive bonus magic damage: 100/125/150/175/200% Attack Damage + 1 per Soul ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200% Attack Damage + 1.5 per Soul
E — Pillar of Ice
- Slow: 32/39/46/53/60% ⇒ 30/34/38/42/46%
R — Spray and Pray
- Bonus attack damage: 30/45/60 ⇒ 40/55/70
Q — Corrosive Charge
- Cooldown12/11/10/9/8 seconds ⇒ 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds
- Mana cost: 80 ⇒ 70
- Base attack damage: 61 ⇒ 59
Passive — Living Vengeance
- Bonus attack speed on non-champion kills: 20% ⇒ 10/15/20% at levels 1/7/13
W — Spirit Cleave
- Shielding per champion hit after the first: 25% of base ⇒ 50% of base
Passive — Bop ‘n’ Block
- Cooldown: 18-6 seconds (based on level) ⇒ 14-6 seconds (based on level)
Passive — Contempt for the Weak
- Now deals 100% bonus damage against monsters (still capped at 300 against epic monsters)
E — Sleepy Trouble Bubble
- Cooldown: 20/18.5/17/15.5/14 seconds ⇒ 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
- Ravenous Hydra’s cleave no longer activates on turrets
- Titanic Hydra’s cleave no longer activates on turrets
- Cost: 2600 ⇒ 2400
- Lethality: 12 ⇒ 10
- Move speed ramp-up time: 1.5 seconds ⇒ 1 second
- Maximum move speed: 45% ⇒ 60%
- Quinn’s base voice lines have been remastered to sound clearer, cleaner, and smoother
- Viego can no longer access Ornn’s Passive – Living Forge to forge items while possessing him
- Fixed a bug where breaking a spell shield on Akshan would interrupt his E – Heroic Swing
- Fixed a bug where Akshan was unable to cancel E – Heroic Swing while being silenced
- Fixed a bug where Dr. Mundo would ignore all subsequent CC from a dragon or Rift Herald after it broke his Passive – Goes Where He Pleases spell shield once
- Fixed a bug Samira’s Q – Flair did not apply lifesteal when cast during E – Wild Rush
- Fixed a bug where Camille’s E – Hookshot would get cancelled upon using any consumables
- Fixed a bug where Shen’s Passive – Ki Barrier shield would break when hit by a basic attack while standing in W – Spirit’s Refuge’s zone
- Fixed a bug where buffing an ally with Sona’s Melody aura from Q – Hymn of Valor did not grant her a Mana Charge stack on Tear of the Goddess
- Fixed a bug where Sona’s Q – Hymn of Valor would incorrectly grant a stack of Accelerando even if negated by a spell shield
- Updated Singed’s W – Mega Adhesive tooltip to include its Slow percentage
- Fixed Lucian’s R – The Culling tooltip so that it no longer states dealing bonus damage to monsters
- Updated Ekko’s Passive – Z-Drive Resonance tooltip to include the additional damage dealt against jungle monsters
- Updated Soraka’s E – Equinox tooltip to state that it deals damage to enemy champions only
LoL patch 11.18 skins
Pentakill III: Lost Chapter Karthus
All hail, Karthus, the Voice of Doom, and Chosen of Perpetuum! His songs are bleak murder ballads, a bitter reminder that all things must die. Though, perhaps, not him?
Pentakill III: Lost Chapter Kayle
All hail, Kayle, the Bringer of Woe! With the strength of a self-righteous angel, she claims justice and judgment soar on her wings of wrath. Surely, if any can rally the warrior host of metal, it will be her.
Pentakill III: Lost Chapter Mordekaiser
All hail, Mordekaiser, the Master of Metal, and Chosen of Cacophoni! The brazen giant boasts of his legendary skill with the axe, for none who face its edge live to tell of it…
Pentakill III: Lost Chapter Olaf
All hail, Olaf, the Blastbeat Barbarian, and Chosen of Stentorus! As wild as a tempest, as brutal as an earthquake, he laughs in the faces of his enemies, his pounding drumbeats shaking the very foundations of the world.
Pentakill III: Lost Chapter Sona
All hail, Sona, the Silent Virtuoso! An artist’s soul can change the world, and with the harmonious power of creation at her fingertips, she will prove that what is made can yet be unmade.
Pentakill III: Lost Chapter Yorick
All hail, Yorick, the Four-String Fanatic! He bestrides the realms of the living and the dead, and knows the fate that comes to all mortal things. It pays to beware the honorable man…
Dissonance of Pentakill Viego
Only the broken-hearted can know the true sound of grief, that yearning for perfection that goes unheard by all others. Viego exists in a world of ashes and shadow, when it ought to be filled with light, and now looks beyond these grey horizons for new sounds and visions to make it so…