League of Legends patch 11.14 notes are here with all of the new changes coming in the July 8 update, including a leg up for the new Dr Mundo and Tahm Kench reworks, buffs for eight lucky champions, seven new Ruination skins, and plenty more.
- Irelia, Lillia adjusted to help pro play presence
- Dr. Mundo, Tahm Kench need leg up after LoL reworks flop
- Ruination event continues with Ruined, Sentinel skins
Riot is focused on “lifting” poor-performing champs this update.
The plan this cycle, Sidhu said, is to “respond to some champions that were hit a bit too hard by systemic changes [in LoL patch 11.13 last week], as well as shifting power for some of the newly updated champions” in the next patch.
That includes buffs for several popular characters, including Graves, Darius, Garen, and controversial spellcaster Seraphine. Dr. Mundo — who was just reworked — as well as Irelia, Lillia, and Tahm Kench are all in line for changes in the new update too, with a focus on how they are being played across several roles.
The Ruination event continues next week too, with seven champions getting “ruined” or “sentinel” skins as part of the Riot Games-wide storyline.
Here’s all the details on League of Legends patch 11.14, dropping this week.
What’s coming in League of Legends patch 11.14?
Rush to save struggling Lillia
Riot is planning to give Lillia a huge set of buffs after the League of Legends jungler continues to fall out of favor. The changes may even push the Bashful Bloom out of the jungle and into solo lanes as a melee AP hyper carry.
Lillia has lost her way in League of Legends. Despite being popular on release, the Bashful Bloom has fallen out of favor with the majority of players.
To alleviate her problems, Riot are looking at a drastic shake-up that could push Lillia out of the jungle, and into solo lanes. Game designer Daniel ‘Maxw3ll’ Emmons explained: “[Our] general goal is to reduce pro binding and increase solo queue win rate by increasing durability and scaling but lowering early game clear power.”
The changes will touch basically every part of her kit, including her base stats, iconic Q ability, and her ability power scalings.
Irelia gets early power taken away
Irelia has been one of League’s biggest early game threats since her rework. However, Riot is changing that in LoL patch 11.14 update: the Ionian warrior is getting a hefty nerf to her early game power, with a trade-off meaning she’s better late.
The changes, according to developer ‘Phlox,’ will give Irelia’s W “an actual powerful use case,” instead of just being a damage negator. It comes at the cost of the rest of her kit, which is facing significant early game nerfs.
All of these patch 11.14 changes look to shift her early game power towards the late game, where Irelia is now being buffed quite considerably.
New “Ruination” skins
Riot Games are shipping seven new Ruination skins in LoL patch 11.14, including two variants — “Ruined” and “Ascended” — for Pantheon.
This update’s skin releases are all tied into LoL’s overarching Season 11 story. Viego has possessed disciples across Runeterra (the Ruined) and the region’s defenders (Sentinels) have been tasked with stopping the League of Legends big bad. Dexerto expects we’ll see similar skins across the next few updates.
Here’s all the champs getting Ruination skins:
- Pantheon (Ruined) — 1,350 RP
- Pantheon (Ascended) — 2,000 Event Tokens
- Diana (Sentinel) — 1,350 RP
- Irelia (Sentinel) — 1,350 RP
- Olaf (Sentinel) — 1,350 RP
- Riven (Sentinel) — 1,350 RP
- Vanye (Sentinel) — 1,820 RP
Each new Ruination skin will get at least nine chromas, except Vayne; so far only six have leaked for the Night Hunter’s new Legendary cosmetic upgrade.
League of Legends patch 11.14 drops on July 8, but get a look at the complete update notes below courtesy of Riot.
League of Legends patch 11.14 notes
Q – Five Point Strike
- Removed – Dash and Cast: Five Point Strike can no longer be cast while dashing with E – Shuriken Flip
R – Perfect Execution
- Base Recast Minimum Damage: 75/145/215 ⇒ 60/130/200
- Base Recast Maximum Damage: 225/435/645 ⇒ 180/390/600
Passive – Hemorrhage
- Noxian Might Bonus Attack Damage: 20-205 (level 1-18) ⇒ 30-230 (level 1-18)
E – Apprehend
- Cooldown: 26/24/22/20/18 seconds ⇒ 24/21.5/19/16.5/14 seconds
- Attack Speed: 0.67 ⇒ 0.72
Passive – Goes Where He Pleases
- Health Regen: 2% of maximum health ⇒ 1-2% of maximum health (level 1-18)
- Cooldown: 45-15 (level 1/3/6/8/11/13/16) ⇒ 60-15 (level 1/3/6/8/11/13/16)
Q – Infected Bonesaw
- New – More Monsters, More Health: Infected Bonesaw now heals for 100% of the health cost if it hits a monster (now the same as when it hits an enemy champion)
E – Blunt Force Trauma
- New – Fly Swatter: Small monsters are immediately sent flying away (regardless of whether it dies)
- Bonus Damage to Monsters: 140% ⇒ 200% (bonus damage to minions unchanged at 140%)
Q – Decisive Strike
- Bonus Movement Speed: 30% ⇒ 35%
R – Demacian Justice
- Damage from Target’s Missing Health: 20/25/30% ⇒ 25/30/35%
- Attack Damage: 66 ⇒ 68.
- Move speed: 340 ⇒ 350.
- Health: 580 ⇒ 520
- Magic Resist: 32 ⇒ 28
- Health Growth: 95 ⇒ 110
Passive – Ionian Fervor
- Max Stacks: 5 ⇒ 4
- Bonus Attack Speed per Stack: 8/12/16% (level 1/7/13) ⇒ 7.5/13.75/20% (level 1/7/13)
- Empowered Damage: 15-66 (+25% bonus AD) (level 1-18) ⇒ 10-61 (30% bonus AD) (level 1-18)
Q – Bladesurge
- Dash Speed: 1500 + 100% movement speed ⇒ 1400 + 100% movement speed
- Bonus Damage to Minions: 55/75/95/115/135 ⇒ 55 (+12 per champion level)
W – Defiant Dance
Base Damage Reduction: 50% physical ⇒ 40-80% physical, 20-40% magic (levels 1-18)
Maximum Damage: 20/50/80/110/140 (100% AD) (80% AP) ⇒ 30/75/120/165/210 (150% AD) (120% AP)
E – Flawless Duet
Missile Travel Time: Based on distance ⇒ 0.25 seconds
Removed – CC’d Recasting: E can no longer be recast while affected by crowd control
R – Vanguard’s Edge
- New – Passive: Vanguard’s Edge now reduces Q – Bladesurge’s cooldown by 0.5/1.5/2.5 seconds before ability haste
E – Triggerseed
- Base Shield: 80/110/140/170/200 ⇒ 80/115/150/185/220
- Attack damage: 54 ⇒ 51
- Health Regen: 9 ⇒ 7.5
- Armor: 20 ⇒ 22
Passive – Dream-Laden Bough
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Damage: 5% of target’s maximum health ⇒ 6% of target’s maximum health (1.5% per 100 AP of target’s maximum health) (capped damage against monsters unchanged)
New – Hellia: Lillia heals for 12-140 (12% AP) health against champions and 18-94 (6% AP) health against large monsters over the duration of the burn damage (Lillia can only heal off of one monster at a time).
Q – Blooming Blows
Cost: 45 mana ⇒ 65 mana
Max Prance Stacks: 5 ⇒ 4
Bonus Movement Speed per Stack: 7/8/9/10/11 (1% per 100 AP) ⇒ 3/4/5/6/7 (3% per 100 AP)
Bonus Movement Speed Duration: 5 seconds ⇒ 5.5 seconds
Time Before Stack Loss: 1 second ⇒ 1.5 seconds
Cooldown: 4 seconds ⇒ 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds
Base Damage: 30/45/60/75/90 ⇒ 35/50/65/80/95
W – Watch out! Eep!
- Damage: 70/85/100/115/130 (30% AP) ⇒ 70/90/110/130/150 (35% AP)
E – Swirlseed
Cooldown: 12 seconds ⇒ 18 seconds
Slow: 25/30/35/40/45% ⇒ 40%
Base Damage: 70/90/110/130/150 ⇒ 70/95/120/145/170
R – Lilting Lullaby
Damage Ratio: 30% AP ⇒ 40% AP
Sleep Duration: 2/2.5/3 seconds ⇒ 1.5/2/2.5 seconds
Initial Drowsy Slow: 25% ⇒ 10%
Removed – Increased Slow: Lilting Lullaby’s slow no longer increases
- Health: 537 ⇒ 510
Q – Call of the Void
- Damage Ratio: 65% AP ⇒ 55% AP
Passive – Umbra Blades
- New – Wait a Minion: Umbra Blades’ damage and healing is decreased by 50% against minions
Q – Queen’s Wrath
- Base Damage: 20/25/30/35/40 ⇒ 21/27/33/39/45
Q (Burrowed) – Prey Seeker
- Base Damage: 60/90/120/150/180 ⇒ 60/95/130/165/200
Q – High Note
- Damage Ratio: 40/45/50/55/60% AP ⇒ 45/50/55/60/65% AP
- Health: 587 ⇒ 560
- Movement Speed: 350 ⇒ 345
Passive – An Acquired Taste
Bonus Damage: 2.5% of maximum health ⇒ 12-60 (+2.5% bonus health) (levels 1-18)
Q – Tongue Lash
- New – An Acquired Lash: Tongue Lash now also deals damage from Passive – An Acquired Taste to enemy champions
- Heal: 6/7/8/9/10% of missing health ⇒ 15/20/25/30/35 (+4/4.5/5/5.5/6% of missing health)
W – Abyssal Dive
Updated – Bugfix: Fixed a bug where Abyssal Dive’s cooldown refund didn’t scale down with ability haste
Cooldown and Mana Cost Refund: 30% ⇒ 40%
R – Devour
Base Shield: 300/450/600 ⇒ 400/500/600
Ally Self Slow: 40/25/10% ⇒ 30/20/10%
Updated – Bugfix: Fixed a bug where he could Devour an enemy without full stacks of An Acquired Taste if he queued the spell before the stacks fell off
Q – Starlight’s Touch
- Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana ⇒ 65/70/75/80/85 mana
E – Dazzle
- Cost: 60 mana ⇒ 40 mana
W – Wind Becomes Lightning
- Cooldown: 12/10.5/9/7.5/6 seconds ⇒ 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
- Mana: 480 ⇒ 420
Dead Man’s Plate
- Armor: 40 ⇒45
Attack Damage: 40 ⇒ 45
Health: 400 ⇒ 300
Halting Slash Slow: 90%, decaying to 40% over 3 seconds ⇒ 40% for 3 seconds
Dreamshatter (Ornn Upgrade) Attack Damage: 50 ⇒ 55
Dreamshatter (Ornn Upgrade) Health: 500 ⇒ 400
Dreamshatter (Ornn Upgrade) Halting Slash Slow: 90%, decaying to 40% over 3 seconds ⇒ 40% for 3 seconds
Q – Time Bomb: New VFX; AoE stun effects are now easier to identify
W – Rewind: New cast effect
E – Time Warp: Cleaned up;textures adjusted to match overall changes
R – Chronoshift: Modernized to match overall changes
Shurima Desert Zilian: Q now has a subtle sand effect
Blood Moon Zilean: Modernized R revive effect to match base changes
Sugar Rush Zilean: Modernized R revive effect to match base changes
- Base Skin: Updated VFXs across his kit
- Project: Renekton Fixed VFX bugs
- New chat restrictions will be issued in 3- and 7-day increments, rather than 10- and 25-game increments.
Bugfixes / QoL Changes
- League Client: Fixed a bug where new players who first log in get a popup window telling them that their settings were unable to be retrieved from the server
- League Client: Fixed a memory leak with Champion Mastery tooltips
- League Client: Banners now properly display in party lobbies
- League Client: Fixed a bug where if a player is in a spectator slot in a custom game lobby when the lobby is disbanded, they are taken to a black home screen
- Fixed a bug where Kassadin’s Passive – Void Stone and Fizz’s Passive – Nimble Fighter weren’t properly ignoring unit collision after death
- Fixed a bug where Yasuo’s E – Sweeping Blade sometimes failed to play the proper animation and ran really fast instead
- Galio is no longer able to Flash while channeling W – Shield of Durand if timed correctly with Hextech Flashtraption rune
- Chilling and Challenging Smite now properly play VFX upon smiting monsters
- Binding Anathema’s active to a target no longer counts as a spell activation
- Fixed a bug where Sylas was unable to apply stacks of Tahm Kench’s stolen ability Passive – An Acquired Taste on his enemies
- Fixed a bug where Sterak’s Gage would always activate during Sion’s Glory in Death, even if it was on cooldown
- Healing projectiles from Divine Sunderer no longer interrupts attack windups
- The debuff icon from Abyssal Mask’s passive now displays in the buff bar of the immobilized enemy champion
- Fixed a bug where purchasing Stirring Sightstone and then a Control Ward could not be undone
- Fiora’s W – Riposte sound will now play when successfully blocking non-immobilizing damage on base and all skins
- Fiora’s R – Grand Challenge success or failure sound will now play correctly on base and all skins
LoL patch 11.14 skins
The Mist did not just subsume Atreus, but also resurrected the long-dead spirit of Pantheon: the old Aspect of War himself. With Atreus’ stubborn defiance silenced, Pantheon can resume control and revel in battle once again. It doesn’t matter to him whose banner he fights under. If that banner is the Ruined King’s? So be it.
Ascended Pantheon Prestige Edition
Atreus defeated Pantheon once, and with all of Runeterra on the line he must defeat him once more. Seizing back control from the Aspect of War, Atreus harnesses the celestial power of Targon itself– briefly becoming not just a vessel or an Aspect, but something new. Something immensely powerful and entirely his own.
The Ruination of Targon and the loss of the Aspect of War devastated the Rakkor tribes. But the only way to fight an Aspect’s power is with another Aspect– and so Diana takes up her blade as a member of the Sentinels, knowing that Viego would destroy everything the moonlight touches.
After the fall of the Ionian Grand Temple, Irelia could not stand idly by while her home was ravaged by the Black Mist. Deputized by the Sentinels, she fights the Ruination as one of their comrades: a natural-born leader who understands the threat that Ruined Karma poses, she will stop at nothing to save the Spirit of Ionia.
After a vicious encounter on the Freljordian front, Olaf is convinced to join the Sentinels to satiate his hunger for battle. Only then would he have the power to challenge Viego, the greatest threat the world has ever known, and satisfy his urge to fearlessly face death in glorious combat.
Riven joins the Sentinels hoping to atone for her role in the Noxian invasion of Ionia. After fighting her way out of a rapidly destabilizing Noxus Prime, she understands that her time may be fleeting. However, she believes her life is a small price to pay to make amends.
Ever striving to become a better monster hunter, Vayne joins the Sentinels primarily to advance her own arsenal and learn from their battle with the Black Mist. It doesn’t hurt that she is also defending Runeterra from evil, of course. If she must endure the friendship of a fool like Graves to do so, she will. The cause is worth it.