Hilarious fan theory on why Bang left SKT for 100 Thieves LoL - Dexerto
League of Legends

Hilarious fan theory on why Bang left SKT for 100 Thieves LoL

Published: 23/Nov/2018 15:02 Updated: 23/Nov/2018 15:06

by Connor Bennett

Share


League of Legends professional player Bae ‘Bang’ Jun-sik recently swapped Korea for North America, leaving fans questioning if the move was purely financially motivated, but one fan has a hilarious theory of their own.

Bang joined 100 Thieves after departing South Korean powerhouse SK Telecom T1, leaving the Korean LoL scene for an opportunity to play in North America.

Advertisement

Swapping Korea for North American isn’t exactly uncommon but in a post on the League of Legends subreddit, user Hey_its_Griff says they believe Bang has made the move to be close to Cloud9 player and cosplayer Zachary ‘Sneaky’ Scuderi.

Riot Gaming/LOL EsportsSneaky is a top LoL pro but is also known for his Cosplaying

Despite being a top pro, Sneaky is also renowned for his cosplay of League of Legends characters

Advertisement

Picking up on a previous news article, Hey_its_Griff points out that Bang pledged to do a cosplay with Sneaky centred around the Xayah/Rakan characters if the pair made it to the All-Stars event.

The real reason Bang moved to NA to join 100 Thieves: Sneaky from r/leagueoflegends

Both Sneaky and Bang were voted to the All-Stars event by the fans, with the Korean confirming that he spoken to the C9 player but was still preparing his cosplay.

Hey_its_Griff goes on to state: “Bang clearly only came to NA to start his career as a professional cosplayer, and now that he and Sneaky live so close to each other everything is finally falling into place.”

Advertisement

It may not be a super serious post by Hey_its_Griff, but Bang and Sneaky are yet to fulfil their promise of a Cosplay from earlier in the year so fans will be hoping that the pair come through on that now seeing as they will be within close proximity to each other.

Entertainment

Hashinshin claims FBI cleared him of sexual harassment allegations

Published: 8/Oct/2020 4:00

by Andrew Amos

Share


Popular League of Legends streamer Robert ‘Hashinshin’ Brotz has claimed the FBI investigated him over allegations he was sexually harassing minors, and cleared him of any wrongdoing. He was permanently banned on Twitch over the claims.

Hashinshin was ostracized from the League of Legends community back in July, after claims the 30-year-old Twitch streamer sexually harassed underage girls by abusing his platform of power.

Advertisement

Other popular content creators, like Joedat ‘Voyboy’ Esfahani, stated that “Hashinshin is a manipular, predator, and worst of all [a] pedophile who used his platform to abuse so many underage girls over the years.”

However, the disgraced streamer has claimed he was investigated by the FBI and cleared of all wrongdoing.

Advertisement

“There has been an FBI investigation into me, and I have neither been jailed or charged with a crime. Some of you might not believe that. I have a freedom of information request [to prove my innocence publicly], but that can take up to a year,” Brotz said in a October 7 statement.

Numerous women came forward stories in July of Hashinshin grooming them while they were underage. However, Hashinshin has always maintained his innocence, claiming these stories were false, and that many of those who came forward have since deleted their statements.

He also stated that he was potentially looking into suing some of the alleged victims for defamation, stating they did a “public assessment of [his] character” that distorted what people thought of him.

Advertisement

“I was going to sue Alli for defamation ⁠— and I probably should have ⁠— but Alli is not a victim, and people started getting these really distorted views on what was happening,” he said, referring to one of the victims.

“Things aren’t as they seem, regardless of what they seem. I’m not a rich and powerful figure. They didn’t find that I did anything. I think a lot of this was a public assessment of my character, and a lot of people did this because they didn’t like me.

“I’ve been working on bettering myself over the last two years, and I think I’ve become a better person overall. It hurts a lot…to see all these people denying that.”

Advertisement

Brotz claimed that while he believed his accusers weren’t “all terrible people,” they betrayed his trust. He also said that while he believes they should apologize, he hopes no one in the community attacks them. He just wants to “go back to living a normal life.”

“I thought these were nice people, I thought I could trust them and work with them. That’s why my response to this was all sh*tty because I shouldn’t really have trusted anyone. I don’t think they’re all terrible people, but things really escalated,” he said.

Advertisement

“I don’t want anyone to attack them. I just want to go back to living a normal life. I just want to exist peacefully, and I hope people can start letting me do that. I hope this can change their minds in some way.”

Hashinshin remains permanently banned on Twitch despite his attempts to clear this name. He has also lost his Twitch partnership, and has instead moved to streaming on YouTube.