League of Legends: Faker explains why SKT will win MSI 2019 - Dexerto
League of Legends

League of Legends: Faker explains why SKT will win MSI 2019

Published: 14/May/2019 0:22 Updated: 14/May/2019 8:32

by Alan Bernal

Share


League of Legends world renown star Lee ‘Faker’ Sang-hyeok revealed why SK Telecom is on the verge of a resurgence at the 2019 Mid-Season Invitational (MSI) after a slow start in the event.

The MSI Group Stage started off with a stunner when SK Telecom fell to an explosive G2 side, which was followed up by a record setting defeat the following day.

Advertisement

But early tournament woes have yet to convince Faker that they’re out of the running for top honors, especially since his team’s biggest strength is about to be activated.

Riot GamesEven though SKT haven’t had the strongest of showings so far, Faker is confident his team will close out the event in a strong position.

In an interview with Inven Global, the star mid-laner thinks that SKT’s best is yet to come because, with only two games left in the Group Stage, the tournament is about to enter Knockout round that’s played in a best of five series.

Advertisement

Since SKT have already locked their spot for the next stage of the tourney, Faker believes that his team won’t be easily defeated contrary to their past performances at the international event.

“We won’t lose easily in a best of five,” Faker said. “All the players on SKT have outstanding individual performance, and that’s why I believe that it’s unlikely that we’ll lose [in a best of five].”

Faker went on to say that he likes his team’s evolution through events, making him think it won’t be long before SKT bounces back.

Advertisement

“Our team has a high BO5 win rate,” Faker said. “And we are quick to give each other feedback. Our tendency to gradually lessen individual mistakes over the duration of a tournament comes from our feedback sessions. “

Riot GamesFaker and co are looking forward to bouncing back in the group stage at MSI.

MSI has been a test of will for SKT

Before the last day of the Group Stage, SKT are 5-3 having lost twice to G2. Their last two games in groups are against a struggling Team Liquid and the tournament favorites Invictus Gaming who have yet to drop a game.

Even though those games are a best of one, Faker thinks it’s important to stop Invictus in their tracks before heading into the playoffs.

Advertisement

“[Invictus Gaming] has not lost a single game yet,” Faker said. “It’ll be important to put an end to their momentum. That’s why I want everyone to give it their best tomorrow.”

If SKT manage to beat Invictus Gaming in the final match of the Group Stage, then it’ll set up the rest of MSI for a classic Faker pop off

Advertisement
Entertainment

Hashinshin claims FBI cleared him of sexual harassment allegations

Published: 8/Oct/2020 4:00

by Andrew Amos

Share


Popular League of Legends streamer Robert ‘Hashinshin’ Brotz has claimed the FBI investigated him over allegations he was sexually harassing minors, and cleared him of any wrongdoing. He was permanently banned on Twitch over the claims.

Hashinshin was ostracized from the League of Legends community back in July, after claims the 30-year-old Twitch streamer sexually harassed underage girls by abusing his platform of power.

Advertisement

Other popular content creators, like Joedat ‘Voyboy’ Esfahani, stated that “Hashinshin is a manipular, predator, and worst of all [a] pedophile who used his platform to abuse so many underage girls over the years.”

However, the disgraced streamer has claimed he was investigated by the FBI and cleared of all wrongdoing.

Advertisement

“There has been an FBI investigation into me, and I have neither been jailed or charged with a crime. Some of you might not believe that. I have a freedom of information request [to prove my innocence publicly], but that can take up to a year,” Brotz said in a October 7 statement.

Numerous women came forward stories in July of Hashinshin grooming them while they were underage. However, Hashinshin has always maintained his innocence, claiming these stories were false, and that many of those who came forward have since deleted their statements.

He also stated that he was potentially looking into suing some of the alleged victims for defamation, stating they did a “public assessment of [his] character” that distorted what people thought of him.

Advertisement

“I was going to sue Alli for defamation ⁠— and I probably should have ⁠— but Alli is not a victim, and people started getting these really distorted views on what was happening,” he said, referring to one of the victims.

“Things aren’t as they seem, regardless of what they seem. I’m not a rich and powerful figure. They didn’t find that I did anything. I think a lot of this was a public assessment of my character, and a lot of people did this because they didn’t like me.

“I’ve been working on bettering myself over the last two years, and I think I’ve become a better person overall. It hurts a lot…to see all these people denying that.”

Advertisement

Brotz claimed that while he believed his accusers weren’t “all terrible people,” they betrayed his trust. He also said that while he believes they should apologize, he hopes no one in the community attacks them. He just wants to “go back to living a normal life.”

“I thought these were nice people, I thought I could trust them and work with them. That’s why my response to this was all sh*tty because I shouldn’t really have trusted anyone. I don’t think they’re all terrible people, but things really escalated,” he said.

Advertisement

“I don’t want anyone to attack them. I just want to go back to living a normal life. I just want to exist peacefully, and I hope people can start letting me do that. I hope this can change their minds in some way.”

Hashinshin remains permanently banned on Twitch despite his attempts to clear this name. He has also lost his Twitch partnership, and has instead moved to streaming on YouTube.