What is Break Effect in Honkai: Star Rail
The Break Effect is vital in Honkai Star Rail and can quickly change the tide of battle if used correctly, but what is Break Effect in Honkai Star Rail? Let’s find out.
Breaking an enemy’s weakness is imperative for a successful battle in Honkai Star Rail. It lets you deal a little more damage and can sometimes cause a turn delay, giving your best characters the chance to deal that finishing blow without risk of retaliation.
In fact, Breaking an enemy’s weakness in this gacha game is so important that it has an entire mechanic around it, known as the Break Effect. That being said, Break Effect can be a little confusing, leading many fans to wonder what it is. Let’s take a look and find out.
Honkai: Star Rail Break Effect explained
At its simplest, Break Effect is an enhancement of effects caused by Weakness Breaks. It’s a status implemented on the enemy that increases the player’s Break damage — the damage dealt over time by inflicting Weakness Breaks, and action delays caused by Quantum and Imaginary Weakness Breaks,
Due to this, Break Effect will only become relevant after you or your character successfully trigger a Weakness Break on the enemy. After that, the Break Effect will take place, dealing more damage and all those positives on each attack, depending on your character’s element.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
The different debuffs the Break Effect can initiate are dependent on the element and are listed below:
- Physical: Applies bleed effect and deals physical damage over time upon breaking shields.
- Fire: Applies burn effect and deals burn damage over time upon breaking shields.
- Ice: Freezes the target and deals additional ice damage upon breaking shields.
- Lightning: Applies shock effect and deals lightning damage over time upon breaking shields.
- Wind: Applies shear effect and deals damage over time upon breaking shields.
- Quantum: Applies entanglement to delay the enemy’s action and makes them vulnerable to the same elemental damage.
- Imaginary: Applies imprisonment on enemies whose actions will be delayed and SPD reduced.
There you have it, that’s everything you need to know about Honkai: Star Rail’s Break Effect. While working towards implementing it on your next enemy, take a look at some of our other handy Honkai Star Rail guides and content:
Is Honkai Star Rail free to play? | Is Honkai Star Rail open world? | Is Honkai Star Rail coming to Nintendo Switch? | Honkai Stair Rail PC and mobile requirements | All Honkai Star Rail Ice characters | All Honkai Star Rail Wind characters | Honkai Star Rail voice actors | Honkai Star Rail Twitch drops | Are there redeem codes in Honkai Star Rail | Does Honkai Star Rail have controller support? | Should you choose Stelle or Caelus? | How to add friends