Halo streamer seeking help after “orchestrating” fake suicide attempt - Dexerto
Halo

Halo streamer seeking help after “orchestrating” fake suicide attempt

Published: 29/Jan/2020 17:42 Updated: 29/Jan/2020 17:56

by Calum Patterson

Share


A competitive Halo player is to seek professional help after allegedly “orchestrating” a fake suicide by using social media accounts, as the community raised money in a GoFundMe.

Halo player Chris ‘Ozarts’, who represented EasternMediaGG as a player and streamer, posted a lengthy Twitlonger on January 27, signing it off with “This will be my final message on this earth.”

After this post, Ozarts’ personal account went dark, with no more posts. Then, on January 28, a Twitter account called HooverJMac posted a tweet claiming that the Halo player had shot himself and was in surgery.

A Tweet posted from this account sparked confusion and worry among the community.

However, confusion began as another account with the same profile image, but with the name Sam Miller, claiming that they were Ozarts’ cousin, accused the HooverJMac account of lying for “clout”.

As it became clear that not everything was as it seemed, some began to accuse Ozarts of creating the HooverJMac account himself. A GoFundMe had also been set up to help, which one Twitter user claimed was being used to “swindle an entire community for thousands of dollars.”

As the situation became more volatile, Zimm, Owner and CEO of EasternMedia, the organization that Ozarts represented, made a series of posts over the course of January 28, in an attempt to clarify the brewing social media storm.

Initially, after reaching out to Chris and ensuring he was alive and well, Zimm said they did not know who owned the HooverJMac account, but that it was someone in Ozarts’ “area.” At this stage, the GoFundMe was deactivated and set to refund all contributions.

Only three hours later, a statement was released from the organization, confirming that it had been orchestrated by Ozarts himself. They also confirmed that the player would be seeking professional help.

“All these events were indeed orchestrated by Ozarts,” Zimm stated. “He made the account, he created the incidents. This is not a witchhunt, please don’t go after him. Chris needs help.”

Zimm explains that Ozarts “feels the need to create extra attention for himself, and it just went way overboard.”

Money donated to the GoFundMe, which accrued over $1,000, is already being refunded to those who contributed.

Ozarts is yet to speak publicly on the issue. Dexerto has reached out to EasternMediaGG, who have said that more questions will be answered when their CEO returns from an Army placement.

If this story has affected you, please reach out and talk to someone on the Suicide Prevention Helpline: 1-800-273-8255 (USA) or the Samaritans: 116-123 (UK).

Entertainment

Jake Paul claims he’s “dedicating his life” to beating Conor McGregor

Published: 5/Dec/2020 11:48

by Georgina Smith

Share


Social media star turned occasional boxer Jake Paul has revealed just how far he will go to beat the MMA superstar Conor McGregor in a fight, saying he’s “dedicating his life” to the ultimate match.

Since his undercard fight with Deji at the Logan Paul vs KSI event back in August 2018, the youngest Paul brother has undeniably developed a taste for the sport.

Most recently he fought Nate Robinson, and in just two rounds Jake managed to knock his opponent out, in a clip that promptly went viral. The YouTuber reportedly scooped up millions in earnings from the fight. But Jake is by no means planning to stop there.

Jake Paul stands celebrating after defeating Deji Olatunji.
IG: JakePaul
Jake Paul celebrates victory over Deji.

He’s now setting his sights on some much higher-level opponents, saying in a post-fight interview: “I’m taking this seriously. There’s a long list of opponents that I want. Conor McGregor, Dillon Danis, I’m going to knock them both out.”

In an interview with ESPN’s Marc Raimondi, Jake has revealed just how committed he is to fighting the mixed martial arts star, though acknowledges that it will take a whole lot of preparation.

He explained: “I want to fight a couple more people, I think, first. But we’re figuring that out. Because I wanna prove to the world that I’m gonna knock out all these fighters.”

Topic starts at 8:48

“Conor McGregor can maybe be like the final boss,” Jake continued. “You know if we were playing a video game he could maybe be the final boss. And then I’ll probably retire after I beat McGregor.”

The star also made sure to hammer home to viewers that he really is in this game for the long run, saying “people just think it’s a joke, people are like ‘ah, he’s gonna get killed.’ I am dedicating my life to beating Conor McGregor.”

A Paul vs. McGregor fight would certainly be one to tune in to, and with these events being a huge revenue magnet, the chances of its continuation are substantial.