Best Kokomi Genshin Impact build: Artifacts, weapons, more
Sangonomiya Kokomi has finally joined Genshin Impact’s ever-growing roster in patch 2.1, but what are the best Artifacts, weapons, and team comps you should be using?
As the leader of Genshin Impact’s Sangonomiya Resistance, Kokomi is well versed in the art of war. In fact, the 5-star Hydro Catalyst is highly revered for her ability to keep her allies safe from harm’s way, providing them with game-changing heals that can turn the tide of even the fiercest of fights.
The Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island is no stranger to conflict and she will stop at nothing to oppose Baal’s Vision Hunt Decree. Whether you’re running Kokomi as your main DPS or high-damage support, you’ll want to kit her out with the game’s best Artifacts and weapons.
- Kokomi abilities
- Kokomi Constellations
- Best Kokomi Artifacts
- Best Kokomi weapon in Genshin Impact
- Kokomi Talent Level-Up and Ascension materials
- Kokomi banner
- Kokomi trailer
- Best allies to party with Kokomi
Kokomi abilities in Genshin Impact
Normal Attack: The Shape of Water
- Normal Attack: Kokomi performs three consecutive ranged attacks that take on the form of fish, dealing Hydro DMG to any foes that get caught.
- Charged Attack: Kokomi consumes some of her stamina and unleashes an AoE blast of hydro directly in front of her.
- Plunging Attack: While airborne Kokomi plunges towards the ground, dealing AoE Hyrdro damage to all nearby enemies upon impact.
Kokomi Elemental Skill: Kurage’s Oath
Kokomi summons Bake-Kurage, which heals all her allies and deals Hydro damage to all enemies within range.
The damage dealt is based around Kokomi’s max health, meaning you’ll want to increase this five-star support’s HP if you wish to deal huge amounts of burst.
Kokomi Elemental Burst: Nereids Ascension
If that wasn’t enough, the five-star Catalyst user can also heal nearby allies when any Normal or Charged attacks hit enemies.
Lucky enough to get multiple copies of Kokomi? Then you have some great constellation buffs to look forward to.
- Level 1 — At Water’s Edge: While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid’s Ascension, Kokomi’s last Normal Attack will unleash a swimming fish that deals 30% of her Max HP as Hydro DMG.
- Level 2 — The Clouds Like Waves Rippling: Sangonomiya Kokomi gains Healing Bonuses when allied characters have 50% or less HP.
- Level 3 — The Moon, A Ship O’er the Seas: Increases the Level of Nereid’s Ascension by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4 — The Moon Overlooks the Waters: While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid’s Ascension, Kokomi’s Normal Attack SPD is increased by 10%, and Normal Attacks that hit opponents will restore 0.8 Energy for her. This effect can occur once every 0.2s.
- Level 5 — All Streams Flow to the Sea: Increases the Level of Kurage’s Oath by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 6 — Sango Isshin: While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid’s Ascension, Kokomi gains a 40% Hydro DMG Bonus for 4s after her Normal and Charged Attacks heal a character with 80% or more HP.
Best Kokomi Artifacts in Genshin Impact
The best Kokomi builds are those that utilize Artifacts that increase her Hydro damage, HP, and healing potential. You can either make the full sets of each of the Artifacts outlined below or mix and match them to come up with your own perfect combo.
We recommend using the Heart of Depth set as it gives Kokomi a +15% to her bonus Hydro DMG, while the full set increases her Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 30% for 15s after using an Elemental Skill.
- Read More: Childe banner rerun in Genshin Impact
If you have yet to unlock the Heart of the Depth, then Tenacity of the Millelith is your next best option. This build increases Kokomi’s max HP by 20% and also raises the ATK of all nearby party members by 20%.
As of writing, these are the best Kokomi Artifact sets:
Best Kokomi weapon in Genshin Impact
Kokomi specializes as a Catalyst character, which enables her to bombard her enemies with some incredibly devastating ranged Hydro attacks.
- Read More: Genshin Impact patch 2.2 leaks
However, if you truly wish to maximize Kokomi’s damage potential, then you’ll want to utilize one of the weapons outlined below:
Kokomi Talent Level-Up and Ascension materials
While weapons and Artifacts will help increase Kokomi’s damage and healing, you’ll need to level up her Talents and Ascend her if you wish to truly maximize the Divine Priestess’ potential.
Kokomi’s materials are located around Inazuma, which means you’ll likely have the majority of these items if you’ve been playing through all the new content. You need to fight lots of Specters to farm Spectral Husks, while the Hellfire Butterfly drop comes from the Lv. 70+ Narukami Island: Tenshukaku.
- Read More: A guide to Genshin Impact’s Yoimiya
As Kokomi excels at healing her allies, you’ll want to max out her Kurage’s Oath Talent first. Once you’ve maxed her Elemental Skill, we then recommend leveling up her Elemental Burst and Normal Attack. Of course, you can switch this if you wish to make her your main/sub DPS.
Talent Level-Up Materials
|Talent Level-Up Materials|
|Talent Level-Up Materials||Teachings of Transience x9||Guide to Transience x63||Philosophies of Transience x114|
|Common Ascension Materials||Spectral Husk x18||Spectral Heart x66||Spectral Nucleus x93|
|Weekly Boss Materials||Hellfire Butterfly x18|
Kokomi banner in Genshin Impact: Drifting Luminescence
Kokomi will be releasing with a special banner that’ll be active for around three weeks if history is anything to go by.
The princess of the Sangonomiya Clan will be available at higher rates for players, alongside three four-star characters:
Kokomi will also have a special weapon banner containing the Primordial Jade Cutter sword and Everlasting Moonglow catalyst weapons at higher rates. The latter is a perfect pickup for Kokomi if you choose to pull for her.
Kokomi Genshin Impact trailer
Players have gotten a few teasers about Kokomi through promotion about the Inazuma update, as well as playing through the in-game quests.
However, miHoYo has finally dropped the “Sangonomiya Kokomi: Secret Tides of the Heart” trailer, which showcases Kokomi’s abilities in action.
Best allies to party with Kokomi
If you want to run Kokomi as a support, then you want to focus on creating a freeze team with Cryo reactions. We recommend using either Ayaka/Eula and Rosaria, as their Elemental Skills and Burst will quickly freeze all enemies’ Kokomi marks.
- Read More: Genshin Impact Anniversary 2021
The added Cryo Resonance bonus also raises the CRIT Rate against foes that are Frozen or affected by Cryo by 15%. This will enable you to quickly chew through all your foes in the blink of an eye.
Having an Anemo character like Venti or Sucrose is a great way to sweep enemies off their feet, enabling you to freeze all clustered enemies. Ganyu is also a strong candidate if you wish to add a little more range to your team and avoid getting too close to your opponents.
So, there you have it, everything you need to know about Kokomi in Genshin Impact. Make sure you check out our other guides: