Baal (Raiden Shogun) is the latest 5-star character that has been released in Genshin Impact. From abilities to weapons, constellations, and the best build, there’s lots to consider to take the Electro Archon to new heights.
Baal is a 5-star Electro polearm user that strikes fear in all those that dare to oppose her rule over the Inazuma region. To help strike down her enemies in Genshin Impact, the Raiden Shogun has mastered a number of powerful abilities. Not only can Baal buff her allies’ attacks, but she can also quickly lay waste to multiple foes with her Elemental Burst: Secret Art Musou Shinsetsu.
Whether you’ve managed to successfully pull on the Baal banner or just wish to know what the best Artifacts and weapons are, then there’s never been a better time to dive into the game’s latest update. Baal can be a little tricky to build for, but there are plenty of options when it comes to boosting her damage.
- Baal abilities
- Baal Constellations
- Best Baal build
- Best Baal weapon
- Baal Talent Level-Up and Ascension materials
- Baal banner
- Baal trailer
- Best Baal team comp
Baal abilities in Genshin Impact
Normal Attack: Origin
- Normal Attack: Baal unleashes five fast-hitting polearm attacks directly in front of her.
- Charged Attack: Baal consumes a portion of her stamina bar and unleashes a powerful upward slash.
- Plunging Attack: Baal plunges her polearm into the ground below, damaging all opponents along her path and unleashing AoE damage upon impact.
Elemental Skill: Transcendence – Baleful Light
Baal unleashes a single horizontal strike, dealing Electro damage to all nearby enemies, and granting her allies Eye of the Stormy Judgement. When characters with this buff hit opponents, the eye will unleash a coordinated attack, dealing further Electro damage.
Elemental Burst: Secret Art – Musou Shinsetsu
Gathering truths unnumbered and wishes uncounted, the Raiden Shogun unleashes the Musou no Hitotachi and deals AoE Elector DMG, using Musou Isshin in combat for a certain duration afterward. The DMG dealt by Musou no Hitotachi and Musou Isshin’s attacks is based on the number of Shogun Byakugen no Rin’s Resolve stacks consumed when the skill is used.
Lucky enough to get multiple copies of Baal? Then you have these insane constellation buffs to look forward to.
- Level 1 – Ominous Inscription: When Electro characters use their Elemental Bursts, the Resolve gained is increased by 80%. When characters of other Elemental Types use their Elemental Bursts, the Resolve gained is increased by 20%.
- Level 2 – Steelbreaker: Secret Art: Musou Shinsetsu’s Musou no Hitotachi and Musou Isshin attacks will ignore 60% of opponents’ DEF.
- Level 3 – Shinkage Bygones: Increases the Level of Secret Art: Musou Shinsetsu by 3, up to a maximum of 15.
- Level 4 – Pledge of Propriety: When the Musou Isshin state applied by Secret Art: Musou Shinsetsu expires, all nearby party members (excluding the Raiden Shogun) gain 30% bonus ATK for 10s.
- Level 5 – Shogun’s Descent: Increases the Level of Transcendence: Baleful Omen by 3, up to a maximum of 15.
- Level 6 – Wishbearer: While in the Musou Isshin state applied by Secret Art: Musou Shinsetsu, attacks by the Raiden Shogun that are considered part of her Elemental Burst will decrease all nearby party members’ (excluding Baal) Elemental Burst CD by 1s when they hit opponents. The effect can trigger once every 1s and can trigger a total of 5 times.
Best Baal build in Genshin Impact
The best Baal builds are those that utilize Artifacts that increase her crit rate, physical damage, and Electro potential. You can either make the full sets of each of the Artifacts outlined below or mix and match them to come up with your own perfect combo.
As of writing, these are the best Baal Artifact sets:
|Emblem of Severed Fate
||2-piece set bonus: Energy Recharge +20%
4-piece set bonus: Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum of 75% bonus DMG can be obtained in this way.
|2-piece set bonus: Electro DMG Bonus +15%
Best Baal weapon in Genshin Impact
Baal specializes as a polearm character, which enables her to slice and dice her enemies with some incredibly devastating close-quarter attacks.
- Read More: Genshin Impact patch 2.2 leaks
However, if you truly wish to maximize Baal’s damage potential, then you’ll want to utilize one of the weapons below:
Baal Talent Level-Up and Ascension materials
In order to level up Baal’s Talents and Ascend her, you’ll need a lot of common and rare resources. All of Baal’s level-up materials can be obtained in Inazuma. You’ll need to farm plenty of Nobushi and Thunder Manifestations.
As for Talent Level-Ups, you’ll want to focus on getting Baal’s Origin maxed out first, before her Transcendence: Baleful Omen and Secret Art: Musou Shinsetsu. This will ensure your auto attacks deal as much damage as possible, while the added ally buffs will ensure you’re constantly maintaining great DPS.
Here’s everything you will need to max out the Electro Archon:
|Talent Level-Up Materials|
|Talent Level-Up Materials||Teachings of Light x9||Guide to Light x63||Philosophies of Light x114|
|Common Ascension Materials||Old Handguard x18||Kageuchi Handguard x66||Famed Handguard x93|
|Weekly Boss Materials||Molten Moment x18|
Baal Ascension Materials
Baal banner Genshin Impact
Baal’s banner has proven incredibly popular amongst the Genshin Impact community, particularly those who are looking to C6 their favorite 4-star characters. The 4-Star characters featured in Baal’s banner are as follows:
Baal Genshin Impact trailer
The two trailers released for Baal showcases just how deadly her Elemental Skill and Element Burst are, particularly when kitted out with the best Artifacts.T
The “Raiden Shogun: Judgment of Euthymia” gameplay teaser demonstrates the power of the 5-star’s abilities, with Baal using her polearm to slice and dice her foes.
Best Baal team comp
As Baal can buff her allies’ damage, one of the best builds currently utilizes the Electro Archon as a deadly support character. Consider pairing Baal with Eula as the Cryo and Pyro elements will ensure you’re constantly applying Superconduct to your enemies.
This will reduce the physical resistance of all enemies in the AoE by 40% for 12 seconds, enabling you to quickly cut through them with Eula and Baal. Adding Xingqiu will also provide even more damage to the mix as your Normal Attacks will trigger sword rain attacks.
- Read More: Thoma Genshin Impact leaks
Lastly, Kujou Sara is another solid choice for those that wish to buff their damage even further. In fact, the added AoE Electro/ATK Bonus from her Elemental Skill and Burst will enable you to consistently proc Superconduct.
The added Elemental Resonance from having two Electro characters also helps generate Electro Elemental Particle, reducing cooldowns and enabling you to constantly maintain pressure with your abilities.
So, there you have it, everything you need to know about Baal in Genshin Impact. Make sure you check out our other guides:
Everything we know about Baal | Everything we know about Kokomi | Genshin Impact promo codes | Best way to get Mora fast | Cross save, how to link PC, Mobile, and PS4 accounts | How to get more Primogems and Wishes