The best Barbara build utilizes a number of Genshin Impact Artifacts and weapons to maximize the 4-star support’s healing and damage.
As one of the free Genshin Impact characters, many players will have access to Barbara. While this 4-star Hyrdo unit may not be one of the best characters in terms of damage, Barbara’s ability to heal her allies is incredibly useful. This is especially true if you’re planning to take on the game’s Spiral Abyss or end-game bosses.
In fact, this Hydro Catalyst can provide your team with plenty of game-changing heals that can turn the tide of even the fiercest of fights. Whether you’re running Barbara as your main support in Genshin Impact, or just wish to know how to build her, you’ll want to kit the Shining Idol out with the best Artifacts and weapons.
- Barbara abilities
- Barbara constellations
- Best Barbara artifacts
- Best Barbara weapons
- Barbara Talent Level-Up and Ascension materials
- Barbara trailer in Genshin Impact
- Best Barbara team comp
Barbara abilities in Genshin Impact
Normal Attack: Whisper of Water
- Normal Attack: Barbara performs up to four water splash attacks that deal Hydro DMG to nearby enemies.
- Charged Attack: Barbara consumes a certain amount of stamina to deal AoE Hydro damage.
- Plunging Attack: While airborne Barbara plunges towards the ground, dealing AoE Hyrdro damage to all nearby enemies upon impact.
Barbara Elemental Skill: Let the Show Begin
Barbara summons water droplets resembling musical notes that form a Melody Loop, dealing Hydro damage to surrounding opponents and applying the Wet status to them.
- On hit, Barbara’s Normal Attacks heal your own party members and nearby teammates for a certain amount of HP. Scales with Barbara’s Max HP.
- On hit, Barbara’s Charged Attack generates four times the amount of healing.
- Periodically regenerates your own active character’s HP.
- Applies the Wet status to the character and to opponents who come in contact with them.
Barbara Elemental Burst
Barbara unleashes a large AoE ultimate that heals all party members and nearby teammates for a large amount of HP. The amount of healing scales with her Max HP.
Lucky enough to get multiple copies of Barbara? Then you have some great constellation buffs to look forward to.
- Level 1 – Gleeful Songs: Barbara regenerates 1 Energy every 10s.
- Level 2 – Vitality Burst: Decreases the CD of Let the Show Begin by 15%. During the ability’s duration, your active character gains a 15% Hydro DMG Bonus.
- Level 3 – Star of Tomorrow: Increases the Level of Shining Miracle by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4 – Attentiveness be My Power: Every opponent Barbara hits with her Charged Attack regenerates one energy for her. A maximum of five energy can be regenerated in this manner with one Charged Attack.
- Level 5 – The Purest Companionship: Increases the Level of Let the Show Begin♪ by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 6 – Dedicating Everything to You: When Barbara is in the party but not on the field, and one of your own party members falls: Automatically revives the fallen character and fully restores the revived character’s HP to 100%.
Best Barbara Artifacts in Genshin Impact
The best Barbara build uses the Ocean-Hued Clam Artifact set, which increases the Genshin Impact support’s Healing Bonus by +15%. Meanwhile, the four-piece bonus enhances the Hydro user’s damage. Whenever she heals an allied character, a Sea-Dyed Foam will appear for three seconds, accumulating the amount of HP recovered from healing.
- Read More: Genshin Impact daily login rewards
After a brief period, the Sea-Dyed Foam will explode, dealing damage to nearby opponents based on 90% of the accumulated healing. This effect can be triggered even when she isn’t on the field, which makes it particularly useful for those that wish to use the 4-star as traditional support.
If you don’t have access to the Ocean Hued Clam Artifact set, then you could always utilize the Maiden Beloved build. Two pieces will increase Barbara’s Character Healing Effectiveness by +15%. Four pieces of Maiden Beloved enhance healing received by all party members by 20% for 10s whenever she uses her Elemental Skill is used.
2-piece: Healing Bonus +15%.
4-piece set bonus: When the character equipping this artifact set heals a character in the party, a Sea-Dyed Foam will appear for three seconds, accumulating the amount of HP recovered from healing (including overflow healing). At the end of the duration, the Sea-Dyed Foam will explode, dealing DMG to nearby opponents based on 90% of the accumulated healing.
4-piece set bonus: Using an Elemental Skill or Burst increases healing received by all party members by 20% for 10s.
Best Barbara weapon in Genshin Impact
Barbara’s best weapon to use in Genshin Impact is the Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers. This three-star Catalyst enables players to buff any allied units when Barbara is switched out of combat. The character replacing her out on the field has their attack increased by 24% for 10s, which occurs once every 20s.
What’s more, this Catalyst is incredibly easy to unlock. For those that wish to capitalize further on the Shining Idol’s life-saving heals, then the Prototype Amber is also a great option.
- Read More: Where to find Frogs in Genshin Impact
When equipped, Barbara’s Elemental Burst will regenerate four Energy every two seconds. While this effect only lasts up to six seconds, it can greatly reduce the cooldown of her abilities, which enables you to unleash even more heals.
If that wasn’t enough, all party members will regenerate four percent of their HP every two seconds. So, if you’re struggling to stay alive against particularly tough opponents, then the Prototype Amber is the best Artifact option.
Barbara Talent Level-Up and Ascension materials
Barbara’s Talent and Ascension materials can be found in Mondstadt, which means every Genshin Impact player will be able to easily farm for them. In order to level up and Ascend Barbara, you’ll need to fight the Hydro Hypostasis – one of the many elemental cubes that can be found across Teyvat.
- Read More: Genshin Impact pick rates
This boss drops the Varunada Lazurite Fragment and other core components needed to level up the Hydro character. Meanwhile, travelers will also need to farm plenty of Philanemo Mushrooms, Cleansing Hearts, and Forbidden Curse Scrolls.
As Barbara excels as a support, you’ll want to max out her Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst to ensure you’re maximizing her heals. Once these have both been leveled up, then move onto her Normal and Charged attack.
Barbara Talent Level-Up Materials
|Talent Level-Up Materials|
|Talent Level-Up Materials||Teachings of Freedom x9||Guide to Freedom x63||Philosophies of Freedom x114|
|Common Ascension Materials||Divining Scroll x18||Sealed Scroll x66||Forbidden Curse Scroll x93|
|Weekly Boss Materials||Ring of Boreas x18|
Yae Miko Ascension Materials
Barbara trailer in Genshin Impact
Barbara’s gameplay has been featured in numerous promotional videos throughout Genshin Impact’s release, showcasing the Idol’s kindhearted personality. During the ‘An Idol’s Healing Magic cinematic’, travelers get to learn about Mondstadt’s popular support. Meanwhile, the Beachside Ballad video revealed her now-released Summertime Sparkle skin.
Best Barbara team comp in Genshin Impact
The best Barbara team comp utilizes Eula, Diona, and Bennett. Having two Cryo characters like Eula and Diona will provide a 15% increase to your crit rate against enemies that are Frozen or affected by Cryo.
This buff should constantly be in effect, especially since Barbara will be able to constantly Freeze any grouped enemies thanks to Eula’s Elemental skill. The added Shielding and healing from Diona also ensures that Eula is constantly kept safe from harm’s way.
To make matters even better, damage buffs from Bennett’s Elemental Burst make this comp’s damage even more lethal. When the health of a character within Bennett’s ultimate is higher than 70%, they gain an attack bonus that is based on his base attack.
With two healers in the form of both Barbara and Diona, Eula should be consistently dealing huge amounts of damage. Bennett’s Pyro abilities can also apply the Melt effect, which increases the damage of the attack that triggers the reaction.
Barbara may not exactly be a meta damage dealer in Genshin Impact, but this team comp does highlight her effectiveness.
So there you have it – the best Barbara build in Genshin Impact.
For more tips and tricks to help you as you traverse the world of Teyvat, make sure to check out our guides:
How to link your Genshin accounts | How to get free characters | How to find hidden treasure chests | How to get more Primogems and Wishes | What is Pity? | How to set up 2FA | Best free to play weapons | How to process ingredients | Genshin Impact pick rates