What is the best non-degradable armor in RuneScape? Ranged & melee armor requirements
Runescape is a classic MMO that inspired plenty of unique play styles and brings a multitude of exciting quests. However, to complete those quests, you’ll need some good armor to keep you alive. Here’s the best non-degradable armor in Runescape.
While the game is rather forgiving in certain elements, allowing you to complete many tasks without the threat of succumbing to an enemy, some are the complete opposite. In a game like Runescape, it’s important to have some good armor that doesn’t perish.
This is where non-degradable armor comes in. It may be tough to get hold of but it’s well worth the effort when they are this reliable. So, before you head out for any old non-degradable armor, take a look at some of the best sets in Runescape.
- Best non-degradable armor for Runescape melee players
- Best non-degradable armor for Runescape ranged players
- Best non-degradable armor for Runescape mage players
- Alternative armor sets
If you prefer to get up and close personal with your enemies, then you’re in for a treat. We recommend acquiring the Anima Core of Zaros armor. To get hold of it, there are a few options to follow:
- Head to the Heart of Gielinor (often referred to as the God Wars Dungeon Two)
- Level up your defense to at least level 80
- You can craft it by combining the Dormant Anima Core with the Crest of Zaros
The Anima Core of Zaros armor can be refined too, by using Serenic, Sliskean, Zamorakian, and Zarosian essences. You can do this after earning 2,000 Zarosian reputation.
Sometimes tackling foes from afar is the most viable option, and if you’re a ranged player, using the Anima Core of Zamorak armor is essential. If you fancy getting it for yourself, here’s what you need to do:
- Return to the Heart of Gielinor (aka God Wars Dungeon Two)
- Again, you’ll need level 80 defense to use it
- Craft it by combining the Dormant Anima Core with the Crest of Zamorak
Refining the armor set is the same as the Zaros armor set, but is worth noting you’ll need one essence for the helm, two for the body, and three for the legs. 2,000 Zamorakian reputation is also required before you can refine it.
Using the power of magic is always thrilling within Runescape, and if you’ve got the Anima Core of Seren armor then you’re virtually unstoppable. Want to wear it yourself? Here’s what you can do to get it:
- Travel to the Heart of Gielinor
- Put some time in beforehand to get to level 80 defense
- Combine the Dormant Anima Core with the Crest of Seren to craft it
The parameters for smithing are the same as the other armor sets, but you’ll need 2,000 Seren faction reputation to begin refining the armor.
While the armor sets mentioned previously are immensely useful, should you wish, there are other alternatives to seek out. These again apply to melee, ranged, and magic.
We recommend seeking out the Bandos, Armadyl, and Subjugation armor from the first God Wars Dungeon. For Bandos armor, this is what you need to do:
- Defeat General Graardor and his bodyguards in the God Wars Dungeon
- Pick it up after they drop it upon death
- Level up to level 65 defense
Armadyl armor is superb for ranged players and can be acquired in a similar fashion:
- Defeat General Kree’arra and his three minions
- Pick the armor up upon their death
- Level up ranged to level 70
- Level up defense to level 70
Lastly, Subjugation armor is an outstanding set for magic (prayer) players. You’ll be fighting another boss to get it, but if you’ve been slaying the God Wars Dungeon already, it should be a piece of cake:
- Defeat K’ril Tsutsaroth and his bodyguards in the God Wars Dungeon
- Pick up the armor set once they’ve been killed
- Level up your defense to level 70
And that’s all you need to do to find the best non-degradable armor in Runescape. You can keep your journey going by checking out our other guides:
How much does a RuneScape Membership cost? Subscription & benefits explained | Old School RuneScape Blast Furnace guide: Requirements & how to use it in OSRS | What is the max level in Runescape? | Old School RuneScape Wintertodt guide | What is the max level in Runescape?