Mojang have officially released the new 19W07A Snapshot for Minecraft that introduces the Fox as a new creature added into the sandbox game.
The 19W07A Snapshot officially went live on Wednesday, February 13, and gives fans a chance to test new additions and gameplay mechanics that Mojang plan to bring to Minecraft in the future.
The latest Snapshot brings a whole host of bug fixes and improvements, but the main attraction of 19W07A is definitely news that an orange-furred friend is set to be roaming the blocky world.
Foxes in Minecraft are nocturnal, much like they are in real life, meaning you will only see them moving around when the sun has set. Mojang states that you will likely see the animals creeping around villages at night, so if you’re hoping to spot one, it might be worth camping out at a village when it becomes dark.
The creatures will eat any food items that they find on the floor, and can be bred together using berries. Once you have bred two foxes, their offspring will automatically trust you forever, meaning you’ll be able to get up close to the agile animals.
Snapshot 19W07A also brings some important bug fixes to the game, such as addressing the incredible lag players found while using Campfires alongside other quality of life improvements.
You can download the Minecraft 19W07A Snapshot right now, using the Minecraft Launcher. Be sure to backup any worlds you plan to try the Snapshot on, as they can corrupt save files.
You can read the full patch notes for the Wednesday, February 13 Minecraft Snapshot 19W07A update below.
Minecraft 19W07A Snapshot - February 13 Patch Notes
What's orange and white and sleeps all day? Jens, but we still managed to finish another Java Snapshot this week. Enjoy!
Changes in 19w07a
- Added Fox
- Narrator is now available in menus ("Ctrl + B" to activate it)
- Paintings are now broken up into individual textures
- Fixed bugs
What do they say?
- Foxes are nocturnal
- Foxes are nimble and quick, so sneak up on them carefully!
- Breed foxes with berries
- If you breed two foxes, their offspring will trust you forever
- Foxes like to eat any and every food item they find on the ground
- You may find a fox exploring a nearby village at night
Fixed bugs in 19w07a
- MC-127296 - Drowned throw tridents backwards
- MC-134625 - Tesselating liquid in world - NullPointerException
- MC-138598 - Cats go into sitting mode after bringing a gift to the player
- MC-138609 - Baby cats only use one texture while using a spawn egg
- MC-138624 - Tamed cats still sneak towards player holding fish
- MC-140856 - Damaging a panda in a village near a villager makes the village's iron golem hostile
- MC-140924 - Cats spawn in blocks of villages
- MC-140955 - Breaking a jigsaw block leaves its block entity behind
- MC-140967 - desert_sheperd_house_1 structure duplicates desert_shepherd_house_1 structure
- MC-141508 - "cat_morning_gift" loot table is stored in "entities" folder instead of "gameplay"
- MC-141897 - Breaking or blowing up campfires sometimes still make smoke particles
- MC-142214 - Campfires begin producing massive amounts of particles when game lags
- MC-143687 - Scaffolding uses the "distance" value of it's pillar, rather than the shortest
- MC-143696 - /forceload is suggested for non-op players
- MC-143725 - Crossbow Doesn't Render in First Person View With Invisibility Effect
- MC-143757 - Roof of plains blacksmith is cut off
- MC-143766 - Loot tables cannot be applied to barrels
- MC-143793 - Composter sounds are swapped
- MC-143794 - Falling blocks break all snow layers, including when fully stacked
Get the snapshot
To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Launch Options" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: