You can now play League of Legends, Valorant, and more through the Epic Games Store, with Riot partnering with the developer to offer their titles outside of their own launchers for the first time. Here’s how you can play your favorite Riot titles from the Epic client.
Want to have all your favorite Riot titles like League of Legends and Valorant in one place? In a new partnership with Epic Games, you’ll be able to boot them all through the Fortnite giant’s own digital store.
There is a caveat to the partnership — all the titles will still boot through Riot’s combined launcher, which released earlier in 2021.
However, for those consolidating their game libraries, it’ll make it easier to have everything in one place.
“Riot Games is one of the world’s best developers and creators of groundbreaking entertainment franchises,” Steve Allison said, Vice President and General Manager of the Epic Games Store.
“We’re excited they’ve chosen to partner with us to bring their titles to millions of new players through the Epic Games Store.”
For now, Riot Games’ League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Valorant, and Legends of Runeterra are available on the Epic Games Store — all for free.
How to play Riot titles through Epic launcher
You can easily download the four available Riot titles on the Epic Games Store. If you want to play them, here’s how.
- Open the Epic Games Store.
- Look up your Riot title of choice: League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Valorant, and Legends of Runeterra are currently available.
- Click the blue “Get” button to ‘buy’ the game (all games are free).
- After ‘buying’ the game, hit Install. This will install the Riot Games launcher if you haven’t downloaded it already, before downloading the individual game.
- Press Play and you’re good to go!
Despite being offered as a standalone title, Teamfight Tactics still boots through the League client. However, all the other games will be accessible with just a couple of clicks from the Epic Games Store.