Cyberpunk 2077’s tumultuous launch is the stuff of video game legend, but a huge number of changes have been made to its next-gen counterpart. Cyberpunk 2077’s next-gen PS5 and Xbox Series X/S update is live, and here’s everything we know about it.
After a disastrous launch that saw the game removed from the PlayStation Store, fans have been holding out for the next-gen port of Cyberpunk 2077 in the hope that it will finally deliver on the vision set out by the developers.
A CDPR live stream on February 15 showed off the staggering number of changes and additions to Cyberpunk 2077’s PS5 and Xbox Series X|S next-gen versions. The patch is free, and there are many reasons for new and old players to explore Night City.
- Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen release date
- What to expect from Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen update
- Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen cost
- How big is the 1.5 update patch?
- How to claim PS5 and Xbox Series X|S free trial for Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen release date for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S
PS5 and Xbox Series X|S owners of Cyberpunk 2077 can install the 1.5 patch right now for next-gen consoles. Whether your copy is digital or physical, the update should now be available for you to download.
After initially being slated for late 2021, the updated version was officially delayed until Q1 of 2022. That quota has been met and the full next-gen patch was released to the public on February 15, 2022, following a long and detailed live stream.
The February 15, 2022, live stream revealed the unbelievable effort and work that has gone into revamping and improving Cyberpunk 2022 for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. From the game’s perks to the overall realism and AI of NPCs and enemies, players can look forward to some serious changes to the RPG.
Here is an extensive list of the gameplay and aesthetic alterations made to Cyberpunk 2077:
- Ray Tracing and 4K with Dynamic Scaling
- Faster loading speeds
- Skill trees have been reworked with some less popular ones being swapped out for fun innovative ones
- Vehicles now have tons of futuristic-looking customization options
- New weapons and attachments
- Various visual quality improvements
- Dualsense functionality for PS5 owners
- Spatial headphone audio
- The handling of vehicles has been significantly improved in all aspects
- Enemy AI has been heavily upgraded, they’re smarter and react more naturally to cover and your actions
- Crowds and NPCs also behave more fluidly and realistically to dangerous scenarios
- Gigs are accumulated much slower and are now more level-dependent and where you are in terms of the progress
- Players get more cash from missions and things like cars are less expensive to buy
- The appearance of your character can be altered mid-game and there are way more customization options as well
- You can purchase and remodel four more apartments, with a greater sense of detail and depth in living spaces too
- A “slow walk” toggle is now available for players who want to move at a more leisurely pace
- Players can interact more with their relationship partner
- A ton of free DLC is due to arrive
In addition to all of this, many more features and general improvements have been teased by CD Projekt Red, with more support and refinement to be expected as the reinvention of Cyberpunk 2077 continues.
The good news is, if you already own a copy of Cyberpunk 2077, you’ll receive the next-gen update free of charge. Anyone who buys the game now will obviously get to experience the new and updated version of the game.
With the 1.5 patch, the PS5 version of the game is now up to a whopping 99.98GB with the Xbox ones clocking in at a slightly friendlier 86.44GB.
Naturally, by adding a ton of new features into the game, Cyberpunk 2077’s size has increased, meaning hard drive space will become a tiny bit more scarce if you choose to venture into CDPR’s massive RPG.
To try and tempt some new players into experiencing Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time, fresh faces are being offered a 5-hour free trial on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. Furthermore, any progress that is made during the free trial can be carried over to the full game.
To grab yourself the free trial, do the following:
- On your desired platform (PlayStation or Xbox), head to the system’s store
- This will be the PlayStation Store or Xbox Marketplace
- Search for ‘Cyberpunk 2077′
- Next to its original price, there should be an option for players to access a ‘Free Trial’
- Press to download it, and wait for the game to be installed on your console
If you enjoy your free trial, all you will need to do is purchase a full copy of the game, and your save data will simply allow you to resume from where you were.
For more Cyberpunk content, check out our guides and tips to help you find your way in Night City: