The Princess is one of the strongest legendary troops that you can choose in Clash Royale, and if you’re looking for a guide for the best decks and strategies that suit her, you’ve arrived at the right place.
Since the global release of Clash Royale, the Princess has always been a high-utility troop, and given that she’s a legendary rarity card, obtaining and then upgrading it can be quite difficult. However, once you’ve unlocked the card, it becomes even more of a challenge to not include her in your deck due to how strong she is.
This Princess Clash Royale guide features some of the most effective decks and strategies you should be using in the game to make the most out of the legendary card, alongside various methods by which you can unlock the troop, and even how to upgrade her with additional cards.
- How to unlock and upgrade the Princess in Clash Royale
- Best decks for the Princess in Clash Royale
- Princess troop strategies in Clash Royale
How to unlock the Princess in Clash Royale
Legendary-rated troops in Clash Royale, including the Princess, can only be unlocked and obtained from Legendary or higher rated chests. However, you can occasionally also find legendary troops available for purchase from the store in exchange for gems.
- Read More: Clash Royale chest cycle
Having said that, you should note that most troops in Clash Royale are only unlocked after reaching specific arenas by achieving a certain amount of trophies from multiplayer matches.
You can unlock the Princess troop only after you reach the Spell Valley arena in Clash Royale. You will have to accumulate a total of 1,300 trophies to enter the respective arena, and after crossing Spell Valley, you will then have a chance of finding a Princess card from all legendary chests that you open.
How to upgrade the Princess in Clash Royale
Once you have managed to claim the Princess troop, you’ll then want to upgrade it. This can only be done by collecting multiple Princess cards and then upgrading with coins.
- Read More: Clash Royale tier list
Additionally, you will also want to upgrade the Star Level of your troop. We have a detailed guide prepared for you to understand how upgrading and Star Levels work in Clash Royale.
Best decks for the Princess in Clash Royale
Below is a list of some of the most effective decks that you should be using in Clash Royale to make the most of the Princess:
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Goblin Barrel, Knight, Princess, Goblin Gang, Ice Spirit, Inferno Tower, Rocket, The Log: This deck allows you plenty of options to protect your Princess while also dealing damage to the enemy’s buildings. Although the Knight does not attack flying troops, he himself is fairly tanky to soak up damage while the Princess and Spear Goblins take down the aerial enemies. Additionally, the slowing effect from the Ice Spirit is a brilliant and cost-effective defensive tool to protect the Princess.
- Goblin Barrel, Valkyrie, Princess, Barbarian Barrel, Fire Spirit, Inferno Tower, Skeleton Army: A highly aggressive deck that can also play out extremely well even in defensive scenarios. Apart from the distractions caused by the Skeleton Army and the Fire Spirit, the Inferno Tower gets in the way of building-targeting units while your aggressive troops lay siege on the enemy’s towers. Featuring an average elixir cost of 3.1, you can easily cycle through your character cards during the heat of battle, especially during the elixir-bonus phases.
Given that the Princess is a fairly squishy troop, it is important that you have other tanky troops to act as cover and defense for the legendary archer.
As long as you make sure to have defensive troops in your deck to protect the Princess, you can try out various strategies and decks to create your own builds.
Princess troop strategies in Clash Royale
The best method to use the Princess troop card in Clash Royale is by placing tanky attackers in front of her. It is also highly effective to spawn the Princess from behind your own buildings as the troop’s massive attack range allows her to attack enemy troops from a very long distance.
- Read More: Clash Royale summer update patch notes
Costing only 3 elixirs to deploy during battle, the Princess is an extremely useful troop when used optimally. Having said that, here are a few tips that will help you understand what makes the troop so effective in Clash Royale:
- The Princess deals area damage, making it easier for her to take out hordes of enemies like Minions, Goblins, and Skeletons.
- Make sure to have instant damage or tanky attackers when playing against a Princess to ensure that she cannot take down your towers from afar.
- The massive attack range of the Princess is one of her main strengths. You should always try and place the troop accordingly on the battlefield.
- Some of the basic counters for the Princess include Miner, The Log, Arrows, Fireball, and Poison Spell.
So, there you have it – that’s everything you need to about the legendary Princess troop in Clash Royale.
For more mobile gaming tips and tricks, make sure to check out our guides:
Roblox promo codes | Clash Royale Star Levels | Clash Royale Chest Cycle | Pokemon Go codes | Clash Royale social guide | Clash Royale Creator Codes | Bee Swarm codes | Clash Royale Valkyrie guide | Clash Royale Hog Rider guide | How to Air Roll in Rocket League Sideswipe | All Stardew Valley Characters | Clash Royale Elixir Golem guide