Baldur’s Gate 3: Release date, trailer, early access & more
Larian Studios’ Baldur’s Gate 3 now has a release date for the launch of the full game. Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming Dungeons and Dragons game, Baldur’s Gate 3.
Baldur’s Gate 3 went into early access in the latter half of 2020 and has been a successful and popular game ever since. However, the nature of the game being in early access means the title is constantly changing.
Now, 3 years on, Larian has been able to announce the release date of the completed game, as well as show gameplay in a recent trailer. Here’s everything you need to know about the game as well as its release date and what platforms you can enjoy the game on.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Release Date
During Sony’s February State of Play livestream, Larian Studios revealed that Baldur’s Gate 3 will be released on August 31, 2023.
The game has currently been confirmed for release on PC, Mac and PlayStation consoles, including PlayStation 5.
Baldur’s Gate 3 trailer and opening cinematic
When Baldur’s Gate 3 entered Early Access Larian Studios released the opening cinematic, exploring the storyline, characters, and the style players will be receiving. You can watch it below.
The game’s transfer out of Early Access was shown during the Game Awards 2022 trailer. It depicts new characters as well as old ones, while also developing the storyline many are already enjoying. You can watch it below.
A gameplay trailer was released during Sony’s State of Play, depicting a new antagonist, as well as split-screen local co-op and controller support.
How to play Early Access
Baldur’s Gate 3 has been in early access now for the better part of two years, meaning it’s already close to a fully-fledged title. Therefore, if you want to play the game before its full launch in August 2023, you can enjoy the Early Access.
To do so, head over to the game’s Steam page, purchase Baldur’s Gate 3 and you’ll be able to play!
On top of being able to play the game earlier, all early access players will also receive the Deluxe Edition of the game upon release.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Deluxe edition
Baldur’s Gate has a confirmed Deluxe edition, which will offer various in-game goods to go with the base game. The Deluxe edition contains these items:
- Playable Bard Song Pack featuring songs from Divinity: Original Sin 2
- Exclusive in-game dice skin
- An Adventurer’s Pouch containing supplies to help you get your journey started
- Digital downloads of the Baldur’s Gate 3 Original Soundtrack, artbook and character sheets
- 72-hours early access to Act I of Baldur’s Gate 3 beginning August 28, 2023 [PS5]
The Deluxe edition will also include a pack of items inspired by one of Larian Studios’ previous games, Divinity 2 Original Sin. These items can be found here:
- Mask of the Shapeshifter: Allows you to change race and appearance on the fly, inspired by Fane
- Cape of the Red Prince: Cloak inspired by the Red Prince
- Lute of the Merryweather Bard: Playable instrument inspired by Lohse
- Needle of the Outlaw Rogue: Dagger inspired by Sebille
- Bicorne of the Sea Beast: Headgear inspired by Beast
- Paintings from Rivellon: Discover a new collection of paintings across the Forgotten Realms
Any player who has purchased the early access version of the game on steam will receive the Deluxe edition on the game’s launch.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Collectors edition
Along with a final release window, The Game Awards 2022 also revealed a Collectors edition.
It consists of the base game along with a plethora of collectible items like a large Metal D20, keyrings, maps, art books, and a Mindflayer vs Drow battle diorama. There are only 25,000 units for sale worldwide so you’ll need to be quick. A full list of contents can be found here:
- A digital copy of Baldur’s Gate 3 Deluxe Edition
- Custom sticker sheet
- 25cm Mind Flayer vs. Drow battle diorama
- 160-page hardcover art book
- Cloth map of Faerûn
- Set of D&D-inspired origin character sheets
- Metal tadpole keyring
- Magic: The Gathering booster pack
- Custom-engraved metal d20, plus an in-game version!
- Certificate of authenticity
The Collectors Edition will also include all items found in the Deluxe edition.
Currently, Baldur’s Gate is available for PC, Mac and PlayStation. There is no word regarding the game’s availability on Xbox consoles but we will be updating this article when any new information is released, so be sure to check back soon.
That’s all we know about Baldur’s Gate 3. While waiting for it to release, take a look at some of the other upcoming titles:
The Elder Scrolls 6 | GTA 6 | Wolverine | Spider-Man 2 | | Wonder Woman | Avatar Frontiers of Pandora | Dragon Age 4 | Avatar Frontiers of Pandora | Death Stranding 2 | Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores | Armored Core 6