The Fortnite Champions Series duos event for Chapter 2, Season 2 has finally drawn to a close – though the winners from each region aren’t exactly the most recognizable players.
The Fortnite Championship Series, or FNCS for short, launched all the way back in season ten – giving players the chance to compete in competitive events like they did in qualifying for the World Cup. However, the mode for the FNCS is kept under wraps until just before it goes live.
Previously there had been duos, trios, and squads – with the former its return for Chapter 2, Season 2. With a $5,000,000 prize pool split between the seven different regions, the competition was fierce from the weekly heats all the way up to the finals.
FNCS Season 2 Finals PC Winners
The finals kicked off on April 17 and were settled on April 19, crowning champions on both PC and console across NA East, NA West, Europe, Brazil, Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East.
Thousands of fans tuned in from across the globe and cheered on their favorite players, hoping that they’d be able to grab the top cash prizes, as well as those all-important bragging rights. While some players are recognizable, the biggest names of them all didn’t manage to claim victory.
The full list of the PC winners, broken down into each region, are as follows:
- NA East champions: NRG Zayt -α- & Safaroonie -α-
- NA West champions: 100T rehx & NRG EpikWhalerr
- Europe champions: MCES Andilexrr & LeStream nayterr
- Brazil champions: VKS Pulga & vкs моjак
- Asia champions: Ryle of ASF & WR.りむるだぅw
- Oceania champions: kquidRNG & Jynх
- Middle East champions: kеyboаrd & controІІer
In NA East, World Cup champion Bugha only managed a fifth-place finish while Tfue and Scoped finished outside the top-ten in 16th place. In the highly competitive European section, Stompy and Aqua just missed out on the top three, finishing fourth – while 100 Thieves’ MrSavage came in 12th.
Even though those players may not have had success, fans still tuned in for the console side of things too. Running in the same format across the same regions, the result was similar – up-and-coming players taking all the glory.
FNCS Season 2 Finals Console Winners
The full list of the console winners, broken down into each region, are as follows:
- NA East champions: Apex Scаr &Spud Lite
- NA West champions: Talon zScary & Pαul1x
- Europe champions: YT Rz Laizen & YouTube Rz Sloww
- Brazil champions: HDG LucxssL2 1st & HDG Andrezin 1st
- Asia champions: CloveR7xxx & Kochaxxx
- Oceania champions: User-1584916297 & User-1585218009
- Middle East champions: Les Austen & 23 Goofy
With the FNCS Duos event in the rearview mirror, players will be gearing up for whatever big tournament comes next – even though that is a bit unclear right.
Until Epic puts something into place, the best they can hope for is to work on their skills in the cash cups, arena, and scrimmages.