The highly anticipated second version of the Playground Limited Time Mode has gone live in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
As promised, Epic Games has brought back the popular mode on July 25, fitted with a series of major changes and adjustments.
Epic announced the return of Playground in a post on the official Fortnite Twitter page.
#FortnitePlayground is back for a limited timeHop in, check out the updates, and let us know what you think!
For a full list of updates read our patch notes: http://epic.gm/60yd
Interestingly enough, the tweet emphasizes that the LTM is back for a limited time, despite Epic having announced that it will be a permanent mode.
This suggests that the developers have plans on improving the mode down the line and releasing newer versions.
Version two of Playground features a variety of differences from the first, with the major ones being that players can now switch to different teams and aim assist added to those using a controller.
Unfortunately, players have reported on social media that there are some major bugs in this second version.
According to Fortnite Tracker, there is a glitch involving team switching and usernames.
FNBRLeaks has pointed out that players who are not in a lobby can somehow merge into others’ Playground sessions.
The Fortnite community will hope that these issues and glitches can be fixed without a lengthy delay; the first version of Fortnite was disabled for nearly a week for maintenance just hours after being released.
The full list of changes made to the Playground LTM were provided in the v5.1.0 Patch Notes, and can be viewed in its entirety below:
- Players can now switch teams in-game. Join the same team to work together creatively, join separate teams to practice fighting each other!
- Note: Voice chat will remain on across all teams, future iterations of the mode will offer more customization.
- Aim assist will work when using a gamepad against players on an opposing team.
- Matches will no longer end if one player leaves the server.
- Golf carts have been added and spawn 100% of the time.
- Ammo cans spawn 10x the amount of ammo.
- Removed grey vending machines, increased the chances of higher-tier machines spawning.
- Increased launch & bounce pads spawn likelihood.
- Lowered forced glider deploy height, so players can get back into the action more quickly.
- Increased max rocket ammo cap to 60.
- Increased rocket ammo drop rates.
- Added 100 Supply Drops.
- Chests now spawn 3 weapons and more ammo & consumables than normal.
- Floor loot now spawns 3 items.
- Increased Chug Jug and Slurp Juice spawn chances, decreased Bandages.
- Added Chug Jugs to floor loot.
- Respawn timer lowered from 10s to 3s.
- Drop into the Battle Royale map alone or with up to a full squad for an hour.
- Players respawn immediately unless eliminated by the Storm.
- The Storm doesn’t start closing in for 55 minutes and takes 5 minutes to close in.
- Resources gained from harvesting increased by ten times the normal amount.
- 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map.
- Chests & ammo boxes spawn 100% of the time.