The brand new Heavy Sniper in Fortnite has faced criticism within minutes of being live after it turned out you can’t wall bang with it.
Epic Games launched update V5.21 on August 15, and the main attraction was the Heavy Sniper that’s capable of taking down opponents with one shot, as well as dealing structure breaking damage to builds.
However, despite the sheer power, it appears that the Heavy Sniper won’t damage opponents beyond a wall, as FaZe Clan member TFUE found.
Launching into the Sniper Shootout LTM to try out the new gun, he quickly found a no skin opponent standing behind a wooden wall.
The pro player is considered one of the best in the world, and he expressed his disbelief that it didn’t kill his opponent, and even went as far to say it was broken.
You can view the full information on the new sniper rifle below, taken from the V5.21 update patch notes.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Each shot delivers devastating damage at the cost of a long reload.
- Deals 150/157 damage to players.
- These large rounds deal increased damage (1050/1100) to buildings.
- Projectiles fired from the Heavy Sniper have less bullet drop in comparison to other Snipers.