The first 'squad' vehicle has been added to Fortnite Battle Royale as part of the Season 5 release, allowing for a full squad of four to travel in tandem.
Inspired by the new 'desert biome', the vehicle is an all terrain 'kart', which resembles a dirt buggy and will presumably be comfortable bouncing all over the map.
The vehicle was first teased in the v5.0 patch notes and shortly after Epic Games released the first teaser image showing off the aesthetics.
The patch notes also suggest that this vehicle will need more than one person to operate, as passengers can 'lean back' to help get higher jumps.
All Terrain Kart (ATK)
- The new All Terrain Kart (ATK) has room for your entire squad.
- Get a speed boost after drifting.
- The roof acts as a bounce pad.
- Work together as rear passengers to leap over obstacles with the All Terrain Kart (ATK). Lean back and release at the same time for a higher jump.
- Lean back by holding S on keyboards or holding back on the thumbstick for controllers.
As more images and videos of the Kart in action are posted by players as the downtime imposed for the v5.0 is lifted, we will update with even more shots of the vehicle.
You can find more information on all new content on the Season 5 update in Fortnite Battle Royale right here.