Epic Games have made several adjustments to the new Food Fight Limited Time Mode in Fortnite Battle Royale.
The Food Fight LTM, which was added on November 14 as part of the v6.30 update, is a mode that is based on the rivalry between the Durrr Burger and Pizza Pit restaurants and their mascots Beef Boss and Tomatohead.
The mode features two teams on either side of the map separated by a huge barrier that run downs the middle. The teams' objective is to destroy the opposing side's mascot when the Barrier is lowered, all while building a fort to protect their own.
While this LTM has only been in Fortnite for a day, the developers felt that certain aspects of it were not balanced correctly and needed adjustments.
As a result, a hotfix was sent out on November 15 to implement the following changes to the mode:
- Mascot health decreased from 200k to 100k
- Decreased Mounted Turret drop rate by 50%
- Added the timer of Storm 4 to Storm 3.
- This means there will only be 3 total Storm Circles.
- Reduced the “Auto Mascot Damage” by 40%
- Auto Mascot damage is applied to each teams Mascot at set intervals so that matches will auto resolve within a set time frame if neither team is able to destroy the enemies Mascot. Auto Mascot damage starts ticking 5 minutes after Storm Circle 2.
It's not clear until when the Food Fight LTM is going to available in Fortnite, although these types of themed LTMs are often not kept long in the game.
One thing that is clear, however, is that Epic have been really focused on pushing this food rivalry storyline, which could end up being playing a big role during the end of this Season.
More information and details about the Food Fight LTM is available HERE.
Source - Reddit