Fortnite Omni Chips are a new type of collectible in Chapter 3 Season 2, and you’ll need to know all of their locations to unlock upgrades for your Omni Sword pickaxe.
Every season, a new collectible is added to Fortnite – in Chapter 3 Season 2, it’s time for the Omni Chips. These are released in sets of three around the island, making players go on a treasure hunt to find them all.
So, let’s run through what these new items are, how they are used, and where you can find them in Epic Games’ popular world of Fortnite.
- Week 1 Omni Chip locations
- Week 2 Omni Chip locations
- Week 3 Omni Chip locations
- Week 4 Omni Chip locations
- When are new Omni Chips released?
- What are Omni Chips used for?
Fortnite Omni Chip locations Week 1
- On a small bit of land southeast of the statue.
- On the edge of the dock to the west side of the statue.
- Floating on the water under a rock bridge to the north of the statue.
- Next to a stack of timber on the southwestern side of this area.
- Inside a small room in the main building on the northern side.
- Next to a stack of timber inside the buildings on the eastern side.
- In front of the cash register in the Tacos restaurant.
- On a marked crosswalk to the east of the Tacos restaurant.
- Between two benches south of Greasy Grove.
Fortnite Omni Chip locations Week 2
The Temple Omni Chip locations
- At the top of a set of stairs to the west side.
- On top of a temple roof at the center of this location.
- At the top of a set of stairs to the north side.
Loot Lake Omni Chip locations
- To the east of the Loot Lake island.
- To the north of the Loot Lake island.
- To the west of the Loot Lake island.
Chonker’s Speedway Omni Chip locations
- Under the bridge just after the starting line of the race track.
- Just before the ramp if you follow the race track around.
- On the north side of the race track after you drive over the ramp.
Fortnite Omni Chip locations Week 3
- Underneath the pink wooden bridge at the north side.
- At the dock on the western side of the lake.
- Inside the cabin at the top of the southern hill.
- On top of the entrance to the big building on the western side.
- In the corner of the outside courtyard attached to the northern building.
- Under the archway on the big building to the southern side.
- On the bridge at the center of the small lake.
- On the upper floor balcony of the building north of Synapse Station.
- By the northern entrance to the main Synapse Station building.
Fortnite Omni Chip locations Week 4
The Daily Bugle
- On top of the roof of the main Daily Bugle building.
- Inside the building with a ‘McGuffins’ sign on the entrance.
- On top of a large rock with a zipline south of The Daily Bugle building.
- Inside the Canyon Plaza courtyard, which is located on the west side.
- By a vending machine over the road from Canyon Plaza.
- Floating on top of the swimming pool southeast of this area.
- Use the zipline at the southeast corner to collect all three Omni Chips.
When are new Omni Chips released in Fortnite?
New sets of Omni Chip are released in Fortnite every Thursday at 6am PT / 9am ET / 2pm BST.
There are three sets added every week, with three Omni Chips in each set. This means you’ll only be able to find nine Omni Chips across the map every week, so spend them wisely!
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
What are Fortnite Omni Chips used for?
Omni Chips are used in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 to customize the Omni Sword, which is part of the Tsuki 2.0 cosmetics set. The Omni Sword can only be unlocked as part of the Battle Pass.
- Read More: How to use Fortnite Overshields
By collecting enough Omni Chips, you’ll be able to purchase new blade shapes and handle designs for the Omni Sword, as well as different color schemes and sound effects to customize it with.
How to get the Omni Sword & upgrade it in Fortnite
Fortnite players can get the Omni Sword pickaxe by purchasing the Battle Pass, and it costs seven Battle Stars to unlock. It’s one of the first cosmetics you’ll have access to, as it’s on the first page.
Once you’ve unlocked the Omni Sword, you’ll get a new set of quests to complete each week. You can view these in the ‘Quests’ section of the menu, and they can be completed at any time until the season ends.
Earn enough Omni Chips, and you can spend them on upgrades in the Omni Sword section of the Battle Pass menu.
Earn bonus Omni Chips by completing Season Quests
Players can also earn bonus Omni Chips by completing a specified number of traditional weekly challenges, which are now known as Season Quests.
New Season Quests are released every Thursday alongside the new Omni Sword Quests, so it’s a good idea to complete both of these each week to make sure you’re earning as many Omni Chips as possible.
That’s it for now, but we’ll keep this page updated whenever new Omni Chip locations are added. In the meantime, check out some of our other Fortnite guides below:
All leaked skins and cosmetics | All Omni Chip locations | All Exotic weapon locations | Split-screen guide | How to level up fast | How to get free V-Bucks | How to get free skins | How to complete all weekly challenges | Best weapons ranked | Best Deathrun map codes | How to win Fortnite