The brand new and highly anticipated 'Galaxy' skin in Fortnite is only days away from being released.
The skin will be released along with the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on August 24, and will only be available to those who pre-ordered the device between August 10-23.
Those who chose the 15,000 V-Bucks/Galaxy skin as their pre-order bundle will need to go through several steps to unlock their Fortnite content.
Samsung has sent out an official guide to all those who have purchased the device on how to gain access to the bundle.
Users will need to first register using the Shop Samsung app and by following these steps:
- Download and install the Shop Samsung app on your Samsung Galaxy Note9 device from the Google Play store and install the app.
- Open the Shop Samsung app, tap the “Menu Icon” on top left > select “My Inbox” > Turn Up Your Play offer.
- Tap SEE IF I’M ELIGIBLE to get started.
- Tap ALLOW when prompted to allow Shop Samsung to make and manage phone calls.
- Tap ALLOW when prompted to allow Shop Samsung to access your contacts.
- Tap REGISTER NOW for the Samsung Turn Up Your Play Offer.
- Tap OK when prompted to sign in to your Samsung Account to redeem the offer.
- Fill out the required information, and if prompted, upload receipt/proof of pre-order, which can include, but is not limited to, a pre-order confirmation email, receipt or packing slip by 11:59:59 PM ET on September 13, 2018.
Once that process is complete and the registration is approved, those who have received their Note 9 will need to complete the following steps to unlock their V-Bucks and exclusive skin.
Follow the steps below:
- After you are approved for the Game bundle or have purchased the $99 bundle, you’ll receive an approval email.
- From your Galaxy Note9 device, open your approval email or Shop Samsung app > “My Inbox” and click REDEEM MY GAME BUNDLE.
- Sign in to your Epic Games account or sign up for a new Epic Games account.
- Tap ALLOW to allow Shop Samsung to access your Epic Games account to award your V-bucks and Galaxy Skin.
- After you are successfully signed in, your 15,000 V-bucks and Galaxy Skin will be awarded to your account. Please allow up to 24 hours for your V-bucks to appear. You can redeem your V-bucks for in-game purchases or use them anywhere V-bucks are accepted.
- From the V-bucks confirmation page, click DOWNLOAD FORTNITE.
- This will open the Game Launcher on your Galaxy Note9 and take you directly to the Fortnite Installer.
- Click OPEN, to open the app and then click INSTALL AND OPEN.
Note: This will install and open the game on your Galaxy Note9. Make sure you are signed in to your Samsung Account.
- After Fortnite is installed, agree to the terms to open and play the game from your Galaxy Note9.
Note: The Fortnite Installer will be visible in your app tray after you install it.
- To redeem your Galaxy skin, make sure you are signed in to your Samsung Account on your Galaxy Note9 and open the game. Once you are in the game, go to the store lab.
- Your Galaxy skin will be available in your LOCKER within your ACCOUNT AND EQUIPMENT.
Although the Galaxy skin has not yet been released, popular Fortnite streamer Tyler 'Ninja' Blevins was given a Note 9 several days in advance, and offered the first ever look at Fortnite gameplay with the new skin live on his stream.
Considering how rare and in-demand this skin is likely going to be, players will probably look to exploit their device to make the skin available on other Epic Games accounts.
However, both Samsung and Ninja have made it clear that having the skin on any accounts other than the one used on the pre-ordered device will not be possible.
But for those who will not be pre-ordering the device, there is still hope of owning the Galaxy skin at some point. Information has recently leaked out that points to it eventually being made available for purchase to all players.