How to mod vehicles in Fortnite: What does ‘mod a vehicle’ mean?
Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 still heavily promotes the modding of vehicles as they can be extremely useful for traversal in Epic’s shooter. It’s important for you to know how to mod vehicles in Fortnite, especially for certain challenges too.
Back in 2021, Fortnite fans were excited to see the implementation of modifiable vehicles. Maneuverability plays a huge part in Fortnite as it allows players to escape from danger, close in on potential kills, and reposition from the storm.
2022 Fortnite lets players actually drive the battle bus now and Jetpacks are all the rage. But basic vehicles and modding are still encouraged as they can give you a huge advantage in your quest for a victory royale.
Besides, if you’re looking to knock off some challenges that require some automobile alterations, then it’d be handy to know everything required.
- Modding a vehicle in Fortnite meaning
- Easiest way to mod a vehicle in Fortnite
- Fortnite Prowler ‘mod a vehicle’ challenge
To mod a vehicle in Fortnite, you need to find a vehicle mod somewhere within the map and apply it to your car.
- Read More: What is a Thermal Weapon in Fortnite?
It can be as simple as throwing on a new pair of wheels or a Cow Catcher, either method would classify as modding a vehicle.
There are several ways you can go about doing this, but we believe the simplest tactic is to locate a set of Chonkers Tires and apply them to a basic car.
Here’s how to get yourself the Chonkers Tires vehicle mod in Fortnite:
- Find a garage on the map that contains a vehicle
- Now, check around the garage for a pair of ‘Chonkers Tires’
- If you see some, pick them up to add them to your inventory, if you don’t, keep trying other garages and chests
- Select the Tires from your inventory so that your character is holding them
- Hold aim and throw the Chonkers tires directly at the car
- They should automatically replace the old ones and elevate the vehicle
One of the big reasons players will be needing to know how to mod a vehicle is it’s a necessity to be able to acquire the Prowler skin. One of the skin’s objectives asks players to: “Mod a vehicle, then drive it 500 meters in a single match.”
Again, this isn’t wholly difficult as long as you can grab yourself a set of wheels soon enough with a nearby pair of Chonkers Tires to round things off.
For more Fortnite guides, take a look at some other ones we’ve done:
All leaked skins and cosmetics | All Omni Chip locations | All Exotic weapon locations | Split-screen guide | How to level up fast | How to get free V-Bucks | How to get free skins | How to complete all weekly challenges | Best weapons ranked | Best Deathrun map codes | How to Tactical Sprint