The Week 9 challenges are now available in Fortnite, as players can embark on the first part of the Midas' Mission set, which will eventually unlock Midas' skin styles.
Although this was meant to be the penultimate week of Season 2, it has now been extended, meaning Week 10 won't be the last week after all.
Instead, the Season is now ending in June, and there will be extra challenges added each week to fill the gaps. However, the two-part Midas' Mission challenges are still coming in Week 9 and 10.
That means the first part is now available to complete in-game. Most of the tasks are fairly straight forward, but there are few which will require some more time to complete.
Fortnite Week 9 Midas' Mission Challenges
- Search Chests in different Named Locations (5)
- Deal damage to players with Sniper Rifles (300)
- Upgrade a weapon to Legendary rarity at an Upgrade Bench (1)
- Search a Llama, Legendary Chest, or Supply Drop (1)
- Deal damage to a Choppa with a passenger or pilot inside (100)
- Collect XP coins (5)
- Carry a giant pink teddy bear found in Risky Reels 100 meters (100)
- Search Midas’ golden llama between a junk yard, gas station, and an RV campsite (1)
- Gather Intel during Spy Games Operation matches (10)
- Earn Survival, Combat, or Scavenger Gold Medals (1)
Each of these challenges will reward you with a healthy 40,000 XP. For some of the trickier challenges, here's how to complete them:
To Collect XP coins: You'll find these dotted all over the map, so your best bet is just to play the game as normal and you should stumble across more than enough to get your five.
Find a giant pink teddy bear: The challenge name gives this one away – all the teddy bears can be found in Risky Reels, you'll simply need to carry them 100 meters.
Finding Midas' golden llama: You'll find the golden llama just on the edge of the river, directly south of the RV campsite.
In addition to the 40,000 XP per challenge, you'll also get the option to unlock either the Ghost or Shadow style of the Midas skin after completing 18 challenges.
Of course, that means you'll need to wait until next week when the next 10 challenges for part 2 go live, but it's still recommended to get all 10 of this week's tasks done.