September 27 marked the beginning of Season 6 in Fortnite Battle Royale and the release of the Week 1 challenges.
As became the norm in Season 5, the Week 1 challenges for Season 6 are split into three free-to-play tasks and four that are exclusive to owners of the Season 6 Battle Pass.
If you haven’t seen the first week’s challenges, they are as follows:
- Pickup a Legendary Item in (3) different matches – 5 Battle Stars
- Regain (150) health from a Cozy Campfire – 5 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Search (3) Chests (HARD) – 1 Battle Star
- Stage 2: Search (2) Supply Drops – 1 Battle Star
- Final Stage:Search (1) Llama – 1 Battle Star
Battle Pass Challenges
- Apply (500) shields – 5 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Land at Junk Junction – 1 Battle Star
- Stage 2: Land at Tomato Temple – 1 Battle Star
- Stage 3: Land at Tilted Towers – 1 Battle Star
- Stage 4: Land at Fatal Fields – 1 Battle Star
- Final Stage: Land at Flush Factory – 1 Battle Star
- Dance under (7) different Streetlight Spotlights (HARD) – 10 Battle Stars
- Eliminate opponents in (5) different named locations (HARD) – 10 Battle Stars
How to complete the Week 1 challenges
Some of the challenges are easier to complete than others. Picking up legendary items and applying shields, for instance, shouldn’t be too much of a task.
The ‘stage’ challenges for the first week are also fairly straightforward, land in different locations and search different items (although it might take you a while to track down a Llama!
- Read More: Leaks suggest that the Fortnite cube could continue to grow and move around the map throughout Season 6
Cosy Campfires are classed as a ‘trap’ item that restore health over a period of time when placed on a flat surface. You’ll need to restore a total of 150 health to complete the challenge, which will mean using more than one of the items.
For the streetlights challenge, you can check out our in-depth guide which includes a map of all of the known locations, and more than enough to complete the task.
If you complete all seven of these challenges you will unlock the first bonus challenge of the season. You can find our guide to finding the first hidden Battle Star for the Hunting Party challenge here.
When working through your challenges, remember to complete every game before returning to the lobby. Leaving before you have been eliminated or picked up the victory royale could result in your challenge progress being incorrectly applied.