The crossover between Epic’s Fortnite game and Marvel’s Infinity War movie is being dubbed as one of the most exciting collaborations in entertainment history.
Fortnite’s popularity appears to show no bounds with the free-to-play title becoming one of the most played and watched games across the world. When you combine it with one of the biggest cinematic releases in history, Marvel’s Infinity War, you reach a new level.
It was announced on May 7th that Fortnite would be releasing a limited time gamemode in update V.4.1, with one special player being able to play as one of the Infinity War characters.
The initial details were rather vague but we were told that the event would involve the film’s main villain, Thanos, and his “Infinity Gauntlet” – basically a big glove designed for holding the “Infinity Gems” which makes the wearer almost invincible.
The patch notes for update V.4.1 were released on May 8th and alongside the usual bug fixes and all that boring stuff, we found out the abilities of a player using Thanos.
Early in the match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone, delivering the Infinity Gauntlet. Any player who uses the Infinity Gauntlet will transform into Thanos.
If Thanos is eliminated, the Gauntlet will fall to the ground, free for the taking. If it sits unused for too long, it will disappear until another meteor appears. As per usual, the last man standing is the victor!
- Ability 1 – A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 – Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 – Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 – A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn’t take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, use weapons or things like launch pads. He has no need for such petty human devices.
Storm and Map
- Maximum match length is roughly 15 minutes.
- The match will start with the storm circle already closing in over the island.
- The storm does more damage than normal, ticking for 5% health during the first circle and 10% for the rest of the game.
- Only Rare, Epic & Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.
- Regular Grenade, Shield & Bandage drop rate lowered.