Epic Games have once again prepared a spooky Fortnite Chapter 2. Judging by the confirmed challenges and missions, it looks like one of the most exciting times for players to jump into the game.
The game’s developers pushed out yet another of their weekly updates on October 29, once again with no patch notes to boot, but that hasn’t stopped data miners from digging deeper into the game’s files to uncover exciting details for fans to take a look at.
Aside from the return of the Pumpkin Rocket Launcher and introduction of a brand new Harpoon Gun, Fortnite players are also going to have to tackle a very big opponent during the event in order to check off all of the tasks – the Storm King is back.
This year’s Halloween inspired event starts on the same day as the content update, October 29, bringing a whole host of different things to the game.
Starting with the challenges, there are seven in total to complete. The full list of the Fortnitemares challenges and rewards can be found below. If you think you have seen them before, don’t worry, leaker Lucas7yoshi revealed them shortly after the patch went live. That might be why.
- Destroy haunted household furniture (x5)
- Leap from a Hideout while and opposing player is within 20m (x1)
- Search a chest in a haunted forest, a ghost town, and a spooky farm (x1)
- Deal damage to Storm King weak points (x10,000)
- Revive teammates while battling the Storm King (x3)
- Defeat the Storm King (x1)
Fortnitemares challenge guides
Now, not every player might have heard of some locations included in that challenge list, but don’t worry, we’ve tracked down haunted forest, ghost town and spooky farm in our Fortnitemares location guide. That should make things a whole lot simpler.
We have also put together a guide on how to defeat the Storm King in Fortnite, which is an objective connected to two different Halloween challenges – dealing damage to its weak spots and ultimately defeating it. Those tips and weak spot will allow you breeze through the limited time mode with ease.
- Fortnitemares loading screen – completing all challenges
- Storm King spray – Deal damage to Storm King weak points
- Storm King banner token – Revive teammates while battling the Storm King
- New Fortnitemares umbrella – Defeat the Storm King
A few other leaks were revealed following the release of the v11.10 update, however, with a whole host of skins and cosmetics also revealed for the Halloween event. More details on that here, as well as everything we know about the patch.
Article last updated on November 1, 2019 at 08:35 (EST)