Epic Games have revealed patch notes for a third v9.30 content update in Fortnite, with a brand new Air Strike item being added to the battle royale mode.
Previous v9.30 patches have introduced a number of new items and weapons, with some even returning from the vault before the start of 14 Days of Summer, but this next update will mark the arrival of a feature that's never been available in the past.
A number of changes have been speculated on as we get ever nearer to the end of Season 9, so let's take a look at what the free-to-play title will definitely have in store for us next.
When will the patch go live?
Epic Games have officially confirmed that there will be no downtime for the v9.30 #3 content update, which is always great news for players, and that it will kick into action on Tuesday, July 9 at 8 AM EST (1 PM BST).
The developers initially hinted at a new "explosive" experience in-game, and judging by the patch notes, they've more than certainly delivered on that promise with the addition of a new Air Strike item.
Get ready for an explosive time when the v9.30 Content Update #3 lands tomorrow, July 9 at 8 AM ET! :collision:
There will be no downtime.
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) July 8, 2019
Fortnite v9.30 Content Update #3 patch notes
Throw this down to get help from above!
LIMITED TIME MODE ROTATION:
- High Explosives Squads
- Battle Royale with Explosive weapons only! 'Splode all of the enemies back to the lobby to earn the Victory Royale!
- Sneaky Silencers Solo
- Nighttime fighting with silenced weapons.
- Classic Squads
- Classic Battle Royale with only weapons and items from Seasons one and two.
- Solid Gold Duos
- Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
- Catch Squads
- In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed.
- Blitz Squads
- Drop into this fast-paced Limited Time Mode! You’d better keep moving because the Storm never does.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Air Strike
- A thrown canister of colored smoke that calls in a flurry of missiles from above.
- Once the canister comes to rest, missiles will spawn after a short delay.
- Missiles spawn about 120 meters above the smoke canister.
- Missiles aim for random points within a 9 meters radius of the thrown object.
- A total of 20 missiles are spawned.
- Each missile has an explosion radius of 3.5 meters.
- Each missile deals 75 damage to players and 200 damage to structures.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack size of 2.
- Legendary variant.
- The amount of eliminations required for a Victory Royale in the Team Rumble Limited Time Mode has been lowered to 50 from 150 on Switch, Android, and iOS devices.
Sport a new paint job and create off-road courses using Car Gallery B!
PREFABS & GALLERIES
- Added 4 New Galleries:
- Car Gallery B - which has more car color variants
- Snow & Mud Floor Gallery
- Grass & Sand Floor Gallery
- Lava Floor Gallery
SAVE THE WORLD
One Smasher.. Two Smasher.. Invulnerable Smasher…Modified Smasher
Don’t trust the Atoms! They make up everything!
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- New Wargames simulation: Double Trouble
- Take two Golden Smashers with cycling modifiers, make them indestructible, and set them loose on your fort.
- If that doesn’t sound horrifying enough, their ill temperament switches between attacking Heroes and the fort.
- A new Wargames simulation means more chances for Event Tickets, a new banner, and more variety to the Daily Wargames Challenges.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- De-Atomizer 9000 launches into the Weekly Store!
- Launches an energy projectile that explodes and shoots 15 sub-projectiles out in all directions. Decimates crowds of weak enemies… and buildings!
- Available from July 10 at 8 PM Eastern Time until July 17 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
(Source: Epic Games)