The Fortnite Battle Royale v8.30 update is here and available for download on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and mobile devices, with the patch notes now live including information on Reboot Vans and important changes.
The highly anticipated v8.30 update in Fortnite went live on Wednesday, April 10 at 2 AM PT / 5 AM ET / 10 AM BST, and required downtime, with matchmaking disabled 20-25 minutes prior.
The v8.30 patch introduced a brand new respawning system much like that seen in Apex Legends, alongside a number of fixes and improvements that aim to improve the quality of life of players who enjoy the popular battle royale game.
Reboot Van and Cards
Without a doubt, the biggest aspect of v8.30 is the introduction of Reboot Vans, which will allow players to respawn their teammates back into the map even after they've been fully eliminated.
When a player gets eliminated, the loot they drop will include a Reboot Card that teammates will have to retrieve and take to a Reboot Van to respawn them back in.
Players who are brought back from the dead will spawn immediately on the roof of the van, although they will have no weapons or shields so they will likely need help if you don't want to lose them again. Respawn Vans can only be used once, so if an enemy team has already revived a player, you'll need to search for another one.
Fortnite fans will be able to bring back fallen teammates with the Respawn Van.
Baller vehicle nerfs delayed
One of the reasons why so many players were eagerly waiting for the v8.30 update was because Epic Games had promised to implement a series of positive nerfs to the overpowered Baller vehicles.
Unfortunately, Epic announced on April 9 that these changes will be delayed and thus not be included in v8.30, much to the dismay of the majority of the player-base.
Fortnite fans are disappointed to not see nerfs to The Baller in the v8.30 update.
Buccaneer's Bounty Evemt
Fortnite fans will have a brand new event to sink their teeth into, with the announcement of the Buccaneer's Bounty event that is set to kick off following the v8.30 patch.
The event follows one of the major plot lines for Season 8, as players hunt for their own pirate treasure in this special limited time event.
Epic Games will release a brand new LTM every day thoughout the event, with players earning rewards for completing free challenges that are included in Buccaneer's Bounty.
What size is the Fortnite v8.30 update?
Epic Games have confirmed that they are making a number of "technical improvements" to the game in the v8.30 update, making it a larger file size that normal. The patch will be 6.93 gigabytes on PC, 7.7GB on Mac, 3.9GB on PS4 and 4.06GB for Xbox One users. Mobile players with less that 6GB of space left on their device will have to uninstall and then re-download Fortnite to get their hands on this patch.
Fortnite v8.30 Update Patch Notes
Never give up, never surrender! Bring eliminated teammates back into battle with the Reboot Van. Drop in now and become the hero your team needs.
Fortnite have introduced the Respawn Van in the v8.30 update.
Buccaneer's Bounty Event
Avast ye mateys… Drop in and arm yourselves during the Buccaneer’s Bounty event! Test your skills in a fresh LTM every single day and collect your very own treasure in the form of in-game rewards by completing free Challenges.
Fortnite fans will be able to earn rewards through the Buccaneer's Bounty event.
LIMITED TIME MODE: FLY EXPLOSIVES
This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM with the Jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
- Only explosive weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Jetpacks are only available in this mode in Battle Royale.
- Reduced storm wait times.
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Reboot Van / Cards
- Reboot Vans have now been added to the map at all major POIs.
- When squad members are eliminated they now drop their Reboot Card, which can be collected by other squad members.
- Reboot Vans / Cards are disabled in Solos, Big Team Limited Time Modes, and any modes with respawns enabled.
- Reboot Cards remain in the world for 90s after they’ve been dropped.
- Pickup Interaction time: 0.5 seconds.
- Bringing Reboot Cards to Reboot Vans will bring each squad member whose card has been collected back into battle.
- Collected Reboot Cards can be turned in by any squad member regardless of which member picked up the Card.
- Interaction time: 10 seconds.
- A Reboot Van goes on cooldown and cannot be activated again for 120 seconds after it’s used.
- Rebooted squad members return with:
- 100 Health
- 1 Common Pistol
- 36 Light Ammo
- 100 Wood
- Infantry Rifle
- Damage decreased from 40/42 to 38/40.
- Fall-off damage at maximum range increased from 26/28 to 32/34.
- Poison Dart Trap damage ticks will no longer cause the camera to shake repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented weapon fire from queuing for shotguns after switching weapons without re-pressing the fire key.
- Fixed an issue where if a Clinger is attached to a player and they entered a Baller that it wouldn't deal damage.
- Fixed sniper rifles playing fire animations twice per shot from the point of view of other players.
- Fixed grenade projectile trajectories lagging behind slightly when moving and rotating.
- Fixed Traps not activating if a player blocks line of sight with a structure but then the structure is destroyed.
- Fixed Balloon sound effects occasionally playing when entering a vehicle without Balloons active.
- Fixed an issue with single shot weapons not reloading properly while in targeting mode.
- Fixed Peppers not granting movement speed while walking.
- Fixed Minigun Rev Up/Down sound effects persisting after boosting on a Driftboard.
- Fixed an issue with Ziplines after using a Launch Pad that could cause the player to jump higher.
- Fixed an issue with players getting knocked backward when firing the Pirate Cannon upwards.
- Fixed Pirate Cannons getting stuck in an indefinite horizontal rotation.
- Fixed an issue with Boom Bow not showing up with the Visualize Sound Effects option.
- Fixed an issue with vehicles shot by Boom Bow not playing hit notification sound effects.
- Fixed an issue with the Boom Bow having longer than expected projectile trail effects.
- Fixed an issue with Boom Bow projectile effects occasionally flying through enemies.
- Fixed a spelling error in the elimination feed with Boom Bow.
- Buccaneer’s Bounty Event
- A different Limited Time Mode rotates in every day from April 10 - April 15.
- Drop in and Complete free Challenges to earn in-game rewards.
- Increased the spawn rate of Treasure Maps for the duration of this event:
- Floor Loot: Increased availability from .25% to .5%
- Chests: Increased availability from 1.55% to 3.05%
- All aspect ratios will have the same vertical FOV on Mac and PC.
- In the near future, ultrawide monitors will be limited to 16:9 in competitive game modes.
- Added separate controller sensitivities for building and editing structures.
- The Glider Redeploy item is now sorted to the right along with other consumables when "Auto sort consumables to the right" is enabled.
- Added ability to cycle hotbar items while gliding.
- Hit markers are now server authoritative.
- We’ve heard the feedback that hit markers are sometimes seen for shots but don't apply damage, so we’re going to delay showing them until the server has confirmed the hit.
- Fixed sniper damage not causing damaged players to play a reaction animation.
- Adjusted how Storm damage is applied so that players entering the Storm will have a set amount of time before damage is applied.
- The initial instance of damage will start 1 second after entering the Storm.
- Fixed an issue where players would incorrectly edit structure behind them when backed up close to a player built wall.
- Players dropping in warm-up will not award eliminations if another player caused them to receive fall damage.
- Fixed Traps being hidden underneath certain floor pieces that don't completely align with the grid.
- New Tournament - April 13 & 14: Fortnite World Cup Online Open Week 1 ($1,000,000 total prize pool!)
- Top performers in each server region will qualify to the Fortnite World Cup Finals in New York City. Full Fortnite World Cup details and official rules can be found here: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/competitive/events/world-cup
- Solo Game Mode
- Participation in this event requires players to have reached Champion League in Arena.
- Region Lock is in effect - players may only participate in the qualifier for a single server region each week of the Online Opens. The server region of the first match entered for that weekend’s tournament will be the one the player will be locked into for that entire weekend.
- April 13 - Round One: All Eligible Players.
- April 14 - Round Two: Top 3000 Players from Round One.
- Tournament rewards can now be viewed directly in each tournament session.
- Server Replays are now available in leaderboards for PC Players - Players can now view the active server replays of top leaderboard performers. This will be expanded to all platforms in the near future!
- Improved clarity of which regions tournament is currently being viewed.
- Various level streaming performance optimizations for Switch and Xbox One to reduce cases where players see blurry buildings.
- Improved texture streaming performance and memory overhead on Switch.
- Improved performance for Traps.
- Improved performance of the Challenges UI.
- Fixed a source of hitches due to spawning weapon drops.
- Fixed a source of hitches due to replay recording.
- Implemented a fix that should resolve cases of invisible characters after skydiving.
- New separate in-air audio tell for enemies.
- More of an “incoming” audio tell that should give more awareness when an enemy drops in on you from above.
- Reduced volume of building audio loops while being structures are being built.
- This sound is now ducked by enemy footsteps and gunfire.
- Prevents unnecessary noise when lots of buildings are placed in quick succession.
- Slightly increased the volume of footsteps below the player.
- Increased volume of the landing sounds of enemy footsteps.
- Fixed a bug where all offscreen enemy footsteps and weapon switches/reloads would be silent when more than 5 players were nearby.
- Fixed a bug where the Boom Bow wasn’t playing the correct vehicle damage notification sound.
- Vehicle controls can now be hidden in the HUD Options.
- Added minimum and maximum values to the in-game FPS overlay and added the option to "Show FPS" on all supported platforms.
- Push To Talk
- Enabling the menu option for consoles
- Defaulting the option to Off for consoles.
- Wraps can now be applied to most types of weapons, everything that doesn't fit elsewhere is now covered by a catch-all "Misc." slot in the locker.
- The health bar for vehicles has been adjusted to now display health values of vehicles.
- Fixed an issue with the friend list was always displaying a notification symbol in the frontend.
- Fixed a rare crash that was occurring when loading effects when viewing a replay.
- Fixed certain items such as gliders not displaying their count properly for spectators.
- HUD elements such as the menu button will no longer be dragged off the entire screen in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Improved stability by fixing GPU crashes.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing touch inputs while using a controller.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from using emotes while in build/edit mode.
- Fixed an issue causing items on the quickbar to be difficult to drag and drop.
- Fixing an issue causing players to get stuck in edit mode when entering and confirming edits quickly.
- Also fixed an issue where players could get stuck in edit mode when alternating between build/edit mode quickly.
- Fixed trajectory line for throwable items always being visible when using a glider on mobile.
Grab the corner house or the whole block! The MultiSelect tool is here to make moves a piece of cake.
Military Base Theme
Reinforce your fort with sleek, new military style buildings. This is the first set of buildings that will premiere in Creative before Battle Royale!
Deposit an object into the area to score a point. Use this device to set up all sorts of capture the flag style games!
Capture Areas are a new addition to Fortnite's Creative Mode.
- Added new Tropical Island
- Island is symmetrical in design for Team vs Team game modes.
- Added new Rivers Edge Island
- Redesigned version of the Tropical Island using the new Military set.
- Fixed a bug where players leaving islands while spectating would still be considered to be on the island.
- Fixed an issue where Buried Treasure can be spawned on Creative Islands.
- Fixed an issue where the storm does not damage the players once it is completely closed, at the end of session.
- Players can no longer be eliminated in the Creative and Playground hubs.
- Players can no longer respawn or change teams while a game is ongoing.
- Infinite Resources setting is now only used during game.
- During creation, resources are now always infinite if the player has permission to edit.
- Added an option to the blocks to enable Lava Surface On/Off.
- Known Issue: Scaling them too large causes the lava surface to stop working.
- Added an option to modify the vehicle trick score during a game.
- Allows games to use mixed score game modes.
- Added an option to the game timer to choose whether it counts up or down.
- Added new Type of Scoreboard options.
- Score & Time: Score, Time
- Score & Elimination: Score, Eliminations, Knocked Down, Assists
- Adjusted the lighting in Creative and Playgrounds to look more Battle Royale.
- Fixed an issue where players would be invulnerable for the first 5 seconds after respawning.
- Fixed the infinity symbol not appearing properly over weapon icons when Infinite Ammo was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the player character could be facing the wrong direction when starting a game.
- Fixed a bug where players could be teleported to an invalid location when respawning as a game is restarting.
- Fixed Storm Damage not affecting players.
- Fix for issues were gameplay effects could persist when entering a new island, or across game restarts.
- Reimplemented the resetting of gameplay effects in game reset.
- Fixed a bug where players could be teleported to the wrong location at the end of a game.
- Fixed an issue where health bars didn't follow the actor properly.
- Fixed a bug where a player who was eliminated when a game started might cause players to spawn at the wrong locations.
- Fixed a bug where players could take falling damage during game startup.
- Fixed Lava Tiles from being destroyed with player built structures.
- Fixed Lava Tiles from being destroyed with the Infinity Blade.
- Fixed an issue where the Sky Chest had a slower search speed than intended.
- Fixed an issue where the player is able to do damage after respawning in games where players are set to be Invincible.
- Fixed an issue where the players spawn in the sky upon entering pre-game when all player spawners are destroyed from the previous match.
- Fixed an issue where the game stats screen fails to appear after ending the game in Creative game mode.
- Fixed an issue where the player becomes immune to storm damage if entering the storm for the first time while in a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where the camera orientation is abruptly changed when skydiving into Creative Islands.
- Fixed an issue where the player will spawn in the sky when starting a game in fly mode.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Jetpack added
- Legendary Rarity.
- The Jetpack is engaged by jumping while in mid-air, providing additional mobility.
- While flying, there is a limited duration it can be used before it must charge again.
- Recharge begins when the Jetpack is not in use.
- You can not enter Targeting Mode while in the air.
- On controller, using the Targeting Mode input will trigger the Jetpack.
- Known Issue: Infinite ammo doesn’t apply to Jetpack fuel.
- Fixed a server crash that could occur when vehicles were spawned and destroyed over and over.
- Fixed an issue where the Infinity Blade would destroy props while playing Elimination games.
CREATIVE TOOLS + PHONE
- Added new feature: Multi-Select!
- This allows you to select multiple props and building tiles to move them all at once!
- To toggle selection, press R on keyboard or D-Pad Right on controller. On mobile, a new button has been added to the HUD Layout page for Multi-Select.
- Selected props and building tiles will be highlighted green.
- You can also hold down the button to “paint” selection over multiple objects.
- 20 props or building tiles can be selected at once.
- After selecting one or more objects, you can aim at them and press Cut or Copy to start moving them.
- Please note that all objects will always move together, so if building tiles are selected along with props, the props will snap to the building grid too.
- Fixed an issue where the glow effect would become too bright while editing with the phone.
- Fixed an issue where props would desync between players if the editing player cancels cutting a prop.
- Fixed an issue where players could return to the Hub with the Phone.
- Fixed an issue where the player would occasionally lose the Phone’s help UI.
- Fixed an issue where the Phone’s help UI disappears after being eliminated with a Bush equipped.
- Fixed an issue with the Phone’s holographic preview effects on mobile platforms.
- Fixed an issue the Phone’s help UI disappears when the players equip items from the Creative inventory.
- Added 6 Military Prefabs.
- Added 8 Military Galleries that consist of Team Color variations.
- Added the Military Numbers Gallery.
- Added a standard Military Props Gallery.
- Added a new Military Lights Gallery that allows the player to change light colors.
- Known Issue: Military Lights will lose team color when the lights are turned off.
- Fixed an issue with the Cabins Gallery where multiple roof assets would break if only one was destroyed.
- Fixed an issue with the Village Shop Prefab where some furniture props were floating in the air.
- Fixed an issue where player built structures will destroy all Lava Tile Gallery assets.
- Fixed an issue where assets from the "Castle Gallery" and "Nature Ice Cliff Gallery" spawn under and over the character when copied with the "Grid Snap" option.
- Fixed an issue where the Block Chest from the "Chests and Ammo Gallery" is significantly slower than opening the normal chest.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Ring Gallery’ has invisible collision underneath it that is not destroyed with it.
- Fixed an issue where the 'Castle Gallery' had an invisible collision when deployed above ground.
- Fixed an issue where the 'Village Clock' Prefab contains an ammo box and items.
- Fixed an issue where the "Stage_DJ_TurnTables_C" grants wood material instead of metal.
- Fixed an issue where multiple objects can be seen clipping through the floor in the Village Shops prefab.
- Fixed an issue where some assets are floating inside the "Village Shops" prefab.
- Fixed an issue where multiple roof assets in the Cabins Gallery break when only one is destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where Castle Prop Gallery is called "Castle Gallery" in Creative Inventory.
- Device settings now open instantly on interact button press.
- Capture Area Device
- During Edit Mode, drop an item from your inventory into the Capture Area to define the item to be captured.
- During Play Mode, walk into the Capture Area to drop instances of the "item to be captured" from your inventory and it will be added to your score.
- Set Capture Radius to change the size of the Capture Area with values ranging from 1/16 tile to 5 tiles.
- Set Score Value to change the number of points scored per item captured with values ranging from 1 to 100.
- Consumables Gallery
- Hop Rocks
- Gravity-defying jumps for a limited period of time.
- Instantly grant 5 shield when consumed.
- Instantly grant 5 health when consumed.
- Instantly grant 5 health when consumed.
- When consumed, peppers instantly grant 5 health and also increase the player’s movement speed by 20% for 10 seconds.
- Reduced Music Sequencer and Damage Volume sound effect volume by 50%.
- Added an option to Shooting Gallery targets to set the health bar to hidden/not hidden.
- Creature Spawner Updates
- Spawn Radius from Center renamed to Max Spawn Distance.
- Added 1 Tile and 1/2 Tile options for Max Spawn Distance.
- Resolved crashes related to this device.
- Fixed player start plates not showing team assignments.
- Fixed an issue where Creature Spawners could persist outside a game.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles play a damage sound effect when sitting near the Music Sequencer.
- Fixed an issue where Spawners and other devices aren't hidden during the game start countdown.
- Fixed an issue where health bars overlap the Shooting Targets when hopping.
- Fixed an issue where Music Sequencer zone and wave is visible in Game, even when 'Zone Visible in Game' is set to Off.
- Fixed an issue where 'Add time on knockdown' setting does not add additional time on Shooting Range Targets.
- Fixed an issue where Creature Spawners continue spawning while in edit mode when placed on a ramp.
- Fixed an issue where Creatures can pass through another player’s island boundary.
- Fixed an issue where Team settings do not function for Player Spawn on Teams 3-16.
- Fixed an issue where Health and Shield Settings on Team Settings Devices do not take effect until all players leave the match and return.
- Fixed an issue where the player was unable to see the visual effects of projectile impacts on Shooting Targets.
- Fixed an issue where deleting 'Shooting Gallery' assets removed more memory than the assets originally took up.
- Fixed an issue where weapons are not granted to players in fly mode when the game starts via the Team Settings & Inventory device.
- Fixed an issue where Item Spawner will spawn weapons instantly rather than the set spawn time.
- Fixed an issue where Shooting Gallery moving targets would spawn in with a delay when placed as a copy.
- Fixed an issue where Shooting Gallery moving targets would have an additional dummy briefly, after deselecting copy.
UI + SOCIAL
- Added a setting for Winner Display Time, which displays who won at the end of the game.
- Added a setting for Score Display Time to set how long to display the scoreboard at the end of the game.
- Score tracking UI now includes the top 3 scores in the game!
- Fixed an issue where buttons overlapping the NetDebug UI wouldn't work.
- Fixed an issue where mobile HUD stayed visible during game transitions.
- Fixed an issue where games ending in a draw were not properly indicated in the UI.
- Fixed an issue where the button to Leave Creative and Leave Playground was not properly displaying in all languages.
- Fixed an issue where the Leave Creative and Leave Playground buttons was called Leave Match in other areas of the UI.
- Fixed an issue where the build bar HUD often displays while skydiving after respawning.
- Fixed an issue where HUD elements remained on screen during game loading screens.
SAVE THE WORLD
Bolster your Hero’s armor with this new Legendary Constructor. This Hero is “The Bomb”.
Lost in Transit Beta Storm
Don’t get Lost.. in transit to this new Beta Storm. Locate the supply trucks and put them back on course!
Save the World fans have a brand new Beta Storm to take on.
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Beta Storm: Lost in Transit
- We’ve lost our supply trucks; Find them and put them back on course!
- You have 15 minutes to rescue 5 trucks and update their GPS’s to send them on their way. Some will be surrounded by the enemy, others will be under attack or need refueling.
- Most of the area is covered in a storm and the safe area is on the move! Rescue all the trucks and survive the storm until evacuation.
- Eliminate and Collect is now in the normal mission rotation and no longer a Beta Storm.
- Added 3 new possible bonus objectives.
- Sniper Eliminations
- Melee Eliminations
- Trap Eliminations
- Random encounters now start sooner and have less time between them.
- Once the storm reaches its smallest point the encounters become much stronger.
- Increased the required sample count objective:
- Stonewood - Unchanged
- Plankerton - From 15 to 20
- Canny Valley - From 15 to 25
- Twine Peaks - From 15 to 30
- Fixed an issue that caused the bomb to desync in Deliver the Bomb missions.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Bomb from being interacted with if a player joined an in-progress Deliver the Bomb mission.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Launch the Rocket mission controls from being interacted with if BluGlo was deposited before Ray’s dialog was complete.
- Abilities with charges now display a radial cooldown meter around the ability showing how much time is left before the next charge is ready.
- Abilities will now display the energy battery icon while unusable due to not having enough energy.
- Fixed an issue where the Reward Info could no longer be accessed with a gamepad on the Expedition Hero picker screen.
- The “Craft Ammo” and “Set Minimum Value” for the slider buttons on the Summon Defender UI are no longer tied to the same gamepad button.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Research button to get stuck in place.
- The choice card packs from the Llama opening sequence will now show the appropriate color for Mythic Heroes.
- Fixed an issue that caused gameplay objects to display a 0 damage marker when being destroyed without actually taking damage.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the edit palette from being visible when editing a building piece.
- Fixed an issue with the ambient storm effects turning off while on the mission select map and a popup menu was active.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the crafting material count from properly updating during the tutorial.
- The Defenders sub-tab UI icons will no longer overlap the other UI elements.
- The launch button in the player lobby will appear disabled until a mission is ready for players to launch into it.
- Fixed a navigation issue with the gamepad on the Loot opening summary screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to have the incorrect banner and power level in the lobby and/or party manager.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Respawn UI to not appear properly if a player goes down but not out while in the party invite menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused the crafting tab to show incorrect crafting material quantities.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “retire” option to be displayed on inspected weapons.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Perk UI to be displayed when inspecting an unslotted collection book weapon.
- Fixed an issue that was triggering the “insufficient XP” error while claiming collection book rewards.
- Fixed an issue where the Commander Hero was missing from the Command tab screen after returning from a mission.
- Removed Prioritize Favorites, Collection Book Indicator, and Reset Indicator options from the More menu on the Resources screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused a stutter when transitioning between abilities and melee attacks.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to hitch when loading into an in-progress mission.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to hitch when entering R.O.S.I.E.
- Introducing Bombsquad Kyle, a new Legendary Constructor!
- Standard Perk: Bomb Suit
- Commander Perk: Bomb Suit+
- Available in the Event Store on April 10 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
- Reorganized Blakebeard’s crew page in the Collection Book.
- Added Bombsquad Kyle to the Stowaways section of the Collection Book.
- Fixed an issue where using Avast Mateys as a Commander Perk wasn’t being displayed as Avast Mateys+.
- Fixed an issue where cannonballs fired from R.O.S.I.E. weren’t being teleported by the Teleporter Gadget.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Boom Base to be damaged by Anti-material Charge and Bull Rush.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the item details from properly updating when swapping Hero Loadouts.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Commander Perks from being added into tooltip calculations.
- The All Stats screen now correctly updates when the Tough Traps Hero Perk is removed
- Fixed the ability description text getting cut off in the Hero inspect details panel.
- Kunai Storm eliminations with Kunaihiliation now correctly contributes towards Kunai Collection. (That’s a lot of Kunai!)
- Fixed an issue where Overbearing didn't grant a damage increase and Overbearing+ didn't grant additional range.
- Fixed an issue with the tooltip for Goin' Coconuts+ displaying the incorrect damage bonus value.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Double Boiler - Steampunk Shotgun
- Fires two slugs with medium accuracy and range, but has a reduced ammo capacity and a longer reload time.
- Available on the Weekly Store on April 10 at 8 PM Eastern Time until April 17 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Teleporter to appear on the Victory screen if held by a player.
- Added the missing reticle center dot to Cannonade and Jack's Revenge.
- Fixed a bug with the 6th perk of the Bundlebuss and Mercury LMG causing them to deal more damage than intended.
- These weapons have been made eligible for a reset.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Baron to not provide correct materials when recycled.
- Fixed an issue that caused Sir Lancelot's Joust to be able to carry minibosses.
- Fixed an issue where Sir Lancelot's Joust would bounce off enemy acid pools.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Joust to go through T.E.D.D.Y.
- Fixed an issue where the Steampunk Shrapnel perk failed to deal damage when the primary target was eliminated in the same shot.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Energy to spike up while using Steam Thrasher’s heavy attack: Maelstrom.
- Fixed an issue where Steam Thrasher’s heavy attack: Maelstrom would not deal damage on first and last swing.
- Fixed an issue that caused the level up UI to appear on a crafted Broadside Trap.
- Fixed an issue where the Broadside trap cannonballs weren't being blocked by a Super Shielder’s shield.
- Fixed an issue where the Broadside traps cannonballs were being blocked by the player if they were playing a Constructor.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect perks could be slotted into Jack’s Revenge 2nd and 5th perk slots.
- Resources have been refunded to players who’ve had these slots cleared.
- Fixed an issue that caused heavy attacks to not deal damage properly.
- Added separate controller sensitivities for building and editing structures.
- Fixed an issue where players would have no Hero abilities when rejoining a mission in progress if the game was closed before exiting the zone.
- The Autumn City zone no longer has missing walls and/or textures.
- Fixed an issue that caused a level 1 pickaxe to be visible during the intro cinematic.
- Fixed an issue that caused player clients to crash when traveling to the lobby after joining a friend’s party that is already in the zone.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Storm King’s weak point health bars to be visible when they could no longer be damaged.
- Updated the audio for Med Bot reviving player.
- Fixed an issue where sound effects were missing when picking up the same item type multiple times.
- Fixed an issue that caused down but not out music to play longer than it should.
- Fixed an issue that caused the end of day audio loop to be stuck on as player score increases.
- Fixed an issue where the Ninja jump sound effects would not properly play from other player’s perspectives.
- Reduced volume of ambient jungle music in the Pirate Cove.
Xbox/Epic Account Linking
- Starting on April 11, once you link your Xbox account and Epic ID together, you'll be unable to link a different account to that console.
- You can unlink your accounts at any time but won't be able to link a new account that device.
- Need to take a break but want to stay in contact? Try the new Sit Out feature, available now in Battle Royale and coming soon to Save the World!
- Use the menu at the top of the Social Panel to change your participation to “Sitting Out” to stay in the party without holding up ready checks or affecting game mode selection. For example, with three players in a party and one Sitting Out, the remaining two can select and queue for a Duos match.
- After your friends launch into the match you’ll still be able to talk to them using the Party voice channel.
- When they get back, switch your participation back over to “Playing” to get back in the action!
- Team Members in Battle Royale and Save the World now have icons indicating which Outfit they’re wearing in the Social Panel and Voice Chat Indicators. These icons will likely be added to more places in the HUD, let us know what you think!
- Added voice indicator widgets to more clearly call out party members that are speaking.
- Added settings to control whether or not you automatically switch to the Game voice channel when a match starts. The Game voice channel contains only the people in your BR Squad, Creative chat, or STW team.
- Reduced size and frequency of friend information updates when the Social Panel is hidden, should improve performance for people with a large number of players on their friend list.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Add Friends dialog on consoles to appear on a schedule even after the user had previous clicked “Add”.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a player to be removed from a Battle Royale match when kicked from the party.
- Optimized the network traffic used by the building mechanic to request new structures. Turbo building will submit requests to build new structures every frame after the initial delay.
- Added a new screen to communicate not being able to send a report.
- FPS counter in the front end now has a better font and won't overlap other UI elements.
- Monitors with aspect ratios below 16:9 will have the same vertical FOV as those with 16:9 and above on PC and Mac.
- Fixed an issue preventing traps from triggering after a building blocking their triggering is edited or destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where weapon charging audio would play incorrectly while boosting on a Driftboard.
- Fixed an issue where launchpad animations would play incorrectly while on a Zipline.
- Canvas rendering now uses MPC uniform buffers correctly.
- Fixed local player’s mouth moving even while push to talk was not active.
- Fixed an issue with the bottom bar being missing/obscured on the player reporting screen.
- Windows clients now support the RHI thread which improves the ability for CPU rendering work to happen in parallel and improves performance consistency in heavier scenes.
- Rendering CPU improvements for all platforms (UE4.22 new rendering features).
- Xbox One patching improvements to reduce download size while ensuring good I/O performance.
- Fixed some texture streaming related hitches on Xbox One.