Epic Games have released the latest update for their popular battle royale title Fortnite, with the 12.30 patch now live on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices.
While Chapter 2, Season 1 was the longest in the game's history with updates dropping infrequently, Epic Games have returned to a weekly model for Season 2, as v12.30 marks the latest in weekly patches as the developers try to keep the game feeling fresh with new additions and changes.
As has become customary for Season 2, Epic decided not to reveal what was coming in the latest update ahead of time, but that doesn't mean they haven't made significant changes, with a brand-new item the headline inclusion that will help players deflect bullets from enemies and negate fall damage should you use it properly.
Fortnite has two new items following the March 31 update, as the Kingsman Umbrella joins the game, a melee weapon that can also deflect bullets and allow players to leap off tall buildings without taking fall damage.
Players can hold the umbrella open to deflect shots from enemies, although they are unable to fire a weapon while doing so, and can use it to gracefully descend to the ground when they jump from heights that would normally see them take damage. Spinning the Kingsman builds up energy which players can then use to attack someone with, allowing them to leap across the ground and smack an opponent with it.
You can take a look at the Kingsman in action below.
— MatterCW23 (@MatterCW23) March 31, 2020
The other new item in v12.30 is the Crash Pad, which gives Fortnite players another way of avoiding fall damage. These items can be placed underneath your character when you fall from great heights, bouncing you to safety instead of allowing you to plummet to your demise and out of the match.
The big inflatable item can simply be thrown towards the ground as you fall, and you can view them in action below.
— LunakisLeaks - Fortnite Leaks (@LunakisLeaks) March 31, 2020
There are a number of bugs that have been flagged by members of the community and since recognized by Fortnite developers. The following list has been taken from Epic's official Fortnite Trello board confirming known issues that have been addressed by the v12.30 Update.
- Tournament scores are visually incorrect in Lobby and in-match
- Unintentional Carry or Shakedown on controller
- Spy Games: Stuck on "Select Tech" screen
- Style selections for certain locker items not saving
- Harpoon Gun not catching loot consistently
- Auto Pick Up not functioning properly
- Deadpool Plunger not visible on 4:3 aspect ratio
- Billboard Settings do not save when copied
- Interactive UI not functioning properly when using the Quick Menu on mobile
Save the World
- Cosmetics may not load properly for players when joining a mission
- Defender Eliminations do not count towards quest credit
- Spawn rate for Love Lobbers is too high during encounters
- Love Lobbers' projectiles are able to damage player built structures
- Shadows darker than expected
- Black Bar displayed on Note 10+