Fortnite update 17.20 is now live, and it introduced some new features, including Bugha’s Skin Bundle, two new limited-time modes, a Preferred Item Slots system, and more. Here are all the details.
Fortnite players have been patiently waiting for new content for a while now. Minor delays had them sitting on the edge of their seats. However, the latest patch is now live, and it’s added some interesting bits and pieces.
Here are all the details, starting with a spotlight of the key changes, followed by a comprehensive list of everything else included in the patch notes.
Fortnite v17.20 patch notes
Bugha Late Game Bundle
The patch introduced a new ICON Series Skin Bundle for Bugha. Players can purchase it from the Fortnite item shop. Alternatively, they can also take part in the week-long competition which Epic has noted the following on.
“Players who earn at least 1500 Hype before Bugha’s Late Game Tournament on July 28 will be eligible to participate in the tournament. In this version of Bugha’s Late Game, qualified players will compete against others in their region for a share of $100,000!”
New LTMs: Bugha’s Late Game LTM and Pickaxe Frenzy
But that’s not all. To celebrate the release of Bugha’s Late Game Skin Bundle, Epic Games have also added a new limited-time mode called Bugha’s Late Game.
The rules are simple. it gives players nine unique inventories spread across three team loadouts. If you’re feeling confident, you can land on a supply drop and battle against other teams for extra loot.
And if that wasn’t enough, they also added another limited-time mode called Pickaxe Frenzy. As the name suggests, it’s pretty crazy. Players run faster with their pickaxe, heal when they perform emotes and have limited access to building materials and items.
– Bugha's Late Game– Nine unique inventories grouped into three team loadouts– Great aim? Land on a supply drop to contest for extra loot
— HYPEX (@HYPEX) July 20, 2021
Another New LTM Updated:
Pickaxe Frenzy– Run faster with your pickaxe equipped.– Emote to heal.– Limited building materials and items.
— HYPEX (@HYPEX) July 20, 2021
The alien invasion that kicked off the start of Fortnite Season 7 is still heating up. Epic Games posted a tweet describing alien ground troops arriving on the Island. Looks like it’s not just UFOs we’ll have to deal with.
“Heads up Saucers, this one’s a doozy!” they wrote. “Just intercepted an IO call that Alien ground troops have begun mobilizing west. Islanders should be on high alert.”
Epic Games recently posted a Fortnite teaser image that shows what appears to be a new underground POI. While it hasn’t shown up in v17.20 yet, it could still be on the way.
The image looks like a cave with a massive UFO half-submerged in the dirt below, which ties into the whole alien invasion theme. Could this be where the missing characters like Farmer Steel and Agent Jones are?
Preferred Item Slots
Fortnite players have wanted a better way to sort out their item slots for years now, and their prayers have been answered.
The latest patches added a Preferred Item Slots system, which is designed to give players more control over where different weapons and items are placed in their inventory.
To turn it on, navigate to the Settings menu and click on Game Settings followed by Preferred Item Slots.
From there, you can also organize the slots to have items from a category such as Assault Rifles or Consumables to automatically fill a specific slot when looted.
Check out our recommended Preferred Item Slots settings here.
Some small loot changes have been confirmed by HYPEX. These largely revolve around Cosmic Chests, which now drop less ammo, rare weapons, uncommon/epic Pump Shotguns, and Hand Cannons.
Some Patch Notes:
– Llamas now drop mats too slowly when u shoot them– Cosmic Chests now drop less Ammo, Rare Weapons & Uncommon/Epic Pump Shotgun– Cosmic Chests no longer drops Hand Cannons
— HYPEX (@HYPEX) July 20, 2021
Fortnite 17.20 bug fixes
In addition to adding new content and features, Epic Games have confirmed that the latest patch also fixed some bugs and issues with the game.
- The button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller.
- We’re aware the button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller. We’re working on a fix for this issue.
- ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for accessing the Crafting menu is not working.
- The ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for the Crafting menu simply leads to the Inventory menu instead of the Crafting menu.
- Epic Chests may sometimes not provide any weapons in Arena.
- We’re aware that sometimes players may search an Epic Chest in Arena and receive no weapon. We’re investigating the issue.
- Props drive vehicles erratically.
- Driving a vehicle while Disguised as a Prop causes the vehicle to drive erratically.
- “Bars” showing up as 0 in the Lobby upon opening the game.
- Upon opening the game, players’ Bar total will show up as 0 in the Lobby. This issue is visual only: players still have all of their Bars.
- Cosmic Chest timers may remain on screen if a Bounty is poached.
- Players may continue to see the Cosmic Chest timer at 0:00 if they have an active Bounty that is poached by an enemy player while they are opening the chest.
- Vendor Rifts are temporarily disabled.
- Due to an issue, Rifts obtained from vendors have been temporarily disabled.
- Ziplines are temporarily disabled.
- Due to an issue, Ziplines have been temporarily disabled.
- Lighting issues occurring while in Replay Mode.
- We’re investigating an issue that is causing lighting to appear darker than normal while in replay mode.
- Incorrect crosshair appears while using Rail Gun during gameplay in Creative.
- We’re investigating an issue that is causing incorrect crosshair to appear while using Rail Gun during gameplay in Creative.
- Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of Island.
- We’re investigating an issue that is causing players to encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of the Island.
Save the World
- Saurian Vigor perk stops working after respawn
- The Saurian Vigor Perk (Restores Health every 5 seconds) would stop working after a player respawned.
- Xbox players being exited from party when returning to Lobby.
- Xbox players may be exited from their party when returning to the Lobby. (Please note that affected players are not blocked from reuniting with the party.)
- New items automatically equipped after being picked up.
- New items being picked up will be automatically equipped under some circumstances.
- Unable to perform Last Forever Emote.
- Players may be unable to perform the Last Forever Emote after selecting it.
- Difficulty scrolling through player list in Voice Chat tab on controller.
- Players on controller may have difficulty scrolling through the player list in the Voice Chat tab if the player list is long.