Epic Games add a brand new set of Missions to Fortnite every week in Season 10, and thanks to the work of data miners, we can take an early look at the Storm Racer challenges which launch on September 19.
In previous seasons, developers Epic Games would add seven total challenges to the game every week, but decided to freshen the system up by introducing Missions.
These Missions boast 14 challenges divided into two sections, normal and prestige, and offer XP and Battle Pass stars to those who complete them, and often reward players who manage to finish all 14 with special cosmetic items.
While the Missions don’t release until Thursday, September 19, data miner @archer_fortnite trawled through the files and items included in the v10.30 update and managed to find the Season 10, Week 8 challenges.
These tasks are titled “Storm Racers,” and see players spending a lot of time inside Fortnite’s storm, which is used to define the play area and shrink the map as the match goes on.
Fans of the game who take on these challenges will have to deal damage to players who are in the storm, visit the center of storm circles, and even heal themselves using one of Fortnite’s consumable items while sitting inside the storm.
You can view the leaked Season 10, Week 8 Storm Racer Missions below.
Leaked Fortnite Season 10, Week 8 Storm Racer Mission challenges
Normal Storm Racers Challenges:
- Gain health in the Storm (0/100)
- Complete a lap of a race track (0/1)
- Survive Storm phases (0/10)
- Visit the center of a storm circle (0/1)
- Land on Polar Peak, a Volcano and a hilltop with a circle of trees (0/1)
- Complete a time trial East of Pleasant Park or South West of Salty Springs (0/1)
- Dance at different telescopes (0/3)
Prestige Storm Racers Challenges:
- Damage an opponent in the Storm (0/1)
- Damage gliding opponents (0/100)
- Deal damage to opponents after the first circle closes (0/500)
- Visit the center of storm circles in a single match (0/3)
- Deal any amount of fall damage to an opponent (0/1)
- Complete a time trial North of Lucky Landing or East of Snobby Shores (0/1)
- Dance at different telescopes in a single match (0/2)
The rewards for these challenges have yet to be confirmed, but it is likely to offer around 50 Battle Stars and 8,000 XP to those who finish 10 of the 14 tasks, as these were the prizes given out by Epic Games for the Week 7 Missions.
Of course, these challenges are leaked, so it’s possible that the developers may choose to remove or alter some of them before they finally go live on September 19.