Fortnite have announced that several new adjustments have been made to their popular ‘Infinity Gauntlet’ Limited Time Mode.
The changes, which were rolled out on May 10th in two separated waves, mark the second time that Fortnite have made adjustments to the new LTM.
The ‘Infinity Gauntlet’ LTM is a mashup between the popular Battle Royale game and the newly released, popular film Avengers: Infinity War.
In this mode, players land on the Fortnite map and search for the Infinity Gauntlet, which is the all-powerful weapon wielded by the film’s main villain character Thanos.
Whoever manages to find the item and equip it transforms into Thanos and is given powerful attacking abilities and a major health boost.
- Read More: Five Incredible Skin Concept Collections for Fortnite: Battle Royale – Mr. Llama, Tilted Towers Mascot, and More!
The first fix that went live for the LTM addressed an issue with loot drops.
- Fixed floor loot drops to correctly only spawn Rare, Epic and Legendary quality weapons within the Infinity Gauntlet LTM.
The second wave of fixes were actually split into two categories: Thanos changes and General Mode Changes.
- Increased Beam from 12 to 20 damage on players.
- Increased Punch damage from 80 to 100.
- Decreased health from 800 to 500.
General Mode Changes
- Reduced height of the Bus when dropping
- Bigger initial storm circle
- Less storm damage early game (first 3 storms from 5%/5%/10% per tick to 1%/2.5%/5%)
- Initial Gauntlet spawn time changed from bus ride plus 30-45s to bus ride plus 120-135s
- Increased spawn rate of Med Kits, Chug Jugs and Big Shields.
- Removed spawn of Bandages and Slurp Juice.
This is the second time that Fortnite have made changes and adjustments to the ‘Infinity Gauntlet’ LTM since it went live early on May 8th.
Their reason for these adjustments has been to provide a better balance to the mode without making Thanos too weak or too strong.
Our goal is to allow more folks to truly experience the power of Thanos, while also making you feel powerful when wielding the gauntlet.