Despite all of the new content that has been added in Season 7 of Fortnite Battle Royale, there are still numerous bugs and glitches that can be found in-game.
A majority of the issues lie with two of the major additions made at the start of Season 7 - the X-4 Stormwing and Zipline.
The Stormwing is a weaponized plane that allows squads of players to fly around and wreak havoc, while the Zipline is a magnet found around the map that connects mountain peaks together and allows players to fast travel from one hilltop to another.
Overall, there are currently nine confirmed bugs between the two new items - six glitches with the Stormwing and three with the Zipline, and they've been in the game for a few weeks now.
With there being so many issues in-game, especially with the Stormwing and Zipline, it begs the question as to why the developers at Epic Games don't focus more on resolving these bugs before forcing things into Fortnite too early.
That being said, the developers have at least confirmed the presence and existence of a lot of these bugs and are hard at work investigating them and looking for fixes, although whether or not these fixes will be found, and when, remains unclear.
Here is a full list of all confirmed bugs and glitches, and any potential workarounds that players can use to temporarily avoid the issues.
- X-4 Storming
- While spectating, you may notice players appear in the skydiving stance while traversing the map.
- Player models do not replicate properly when switching between teammates while spectating. This may cause models to appear to jump around or fall off the wings while on the Stormwing.
- Player models appear to detach from the Stormwing when scrubbing replays.
If put in the Down But Not Out state while riding in the Stormwing, teammates can appear in the skydiving state.
- The Stormwing can be seen in low level of detail when its speed increases. This can hide the Boost gauge on mobile devices.
- Using Custom Keybindings for movement can disrupt the Stormwing’s controls.
- Stormwing health bars can only be seen when in close proximity to the plane.
- You may lose the ability to sprint if you emote while riding on a Zipline.
- You may notice inconsistencies with player character models while on Ziplines.
- You may sometimes fall from the Zipline under certain network conditions or if structures are built close to a Zipline while a player is on it.
- The scoreboard does not always accurately update and display the proper elimination count.
- There are instances in which the scoreboard will not display anything when attempting to view it.
- Forced direction walking after editing a structure
- Confirming an edit while holding WASD (or other directional inputs) will force a player to continue walking in that direction.
- Workaround: Find another structure to edit, confirm the edit when not holding a directional input, confirm that edit.
- Increase in PC Crashes
- We're investigating reports of an increase in PC crashes, primarily on Intel drivers. If you're experencing crashing please update to the latest driver version which is v126.96.36.19923.
- Workaround: Update your drivers to version v188.8.131.5223 or higher
- Auto shooting when using a gamepad
- Players who use a controller can sometimes be put into a state in which they continuously shoot or swing their pickaxe. This only happens in specific situations.
- Enter Battle Royale
- Begin any match
- Land in any part of the map
- Gather materials
- Get any trap
- Press and hold any of the build button (LB, LT, RB or RT) while quickly switching to trap then weapons.
- Players must specifically press and hold any of the build button (LB, LT, RB or RT) while quickly switching to trap then a weapon in exact order
- Does not happen with a keyboard, but happens on PC if a controller is connected to it.
- Workaround: Switching to build and building any structure cancels the auto-fire
Aim Assist not working properly against vehicles and the Mounted Turret
- When using Aim Assist against vehicles and the Mounted turret, the crosshair is pulled towards the bottom of the vehicles/Turret rather than focusing on the player occupying it.
- Music for certain emotes not playing
- The music for certain emotes is not playing on the 1st usage. The music should play properly upon subsequent uses of affected emotes.
- The Worm
- Dance Moves
- Drop the Bass
- Workaround: Use the emote once, then use it again
- Crosshairs blacked for certain Outfits while aiming
- Crosshairs may be blocked when using certain Outfits while aiming down sights. We're aware of this issue and working towards a fix.
Source - Fortnite Community Page on Trello