The Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 patch update is finally here, with tons of skins and gameplay changes – make sure to check out the patch notes before jumping off from the Battle Bus.
The next era in Fortnite is here with the Season 2 update revealing where the Chapter 3 story will go since the island turned on its head. There’s been some leaks and hints in the lead-up to give players an idea but with the update finally being released, we have a much better idea of what to expect in this season.
Epic Games went all out at the turn of Chapter 3 and, while there wasn’t a live event for the season update, there’s plenty to look forward to during this season. Here’s everything we know about the Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 update.
- Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 theme
- What’s new in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2
- Bug Fixes in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2
The Fortnite Season 2 theme is Resistance, and based on the pre-season trailer, it is going to be an epic battle between the IO and the Seven.
Additionally, it has also been confirmed that Doctor Strange will be teaming up with the Seven as they take on Dr. Slone and the IO. While Epic Games did ensure a certain level of secrecy for the theme of Season 2, it is safe to say that the Resistance is going to be very exciting for everyone.
All Battle, No Building
Thanks to the Resistance theme of Chapter 3 Season 2, the No Building LTM is now available in Fortnite. This means, for the next few days, you can choose to play this limited-time mode to sharpen your gunplay skills without having to engage in tense box fights.
XP Beyond Battle Royale
Epic Games has confirmed that Battle Royale is not going to be the only mode where you can earn XP. Fortnite Creators can now add and incorporate various accolades on custom maps available in the Creative mode.
This will allow you to play different types of games in Fortnite while still earning XP to unlock that one Battle Pass skin that you have been craving for a while.
New in-game mechanics
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 has been graced by the introduction of various in-game mechanics that the community had been asking for a long time. These mechanics and features include:
- Tactical Sprinting
- Wall climbing
- Shoulder Bash to auto-open doors
- Mantle to grab onto ledges and pull themselves up
- Overshield to grant extra protection against incoming damage
- Proximity Chat in Fortnite Creative
Doctor Strange joins the fight against IO
After being teased by data miners for quite a while, Doctor Strange has finally arrived in Fortnite. Being the prime attraction of the Season 2 Battle Pass, Marvel fans have a terrific opportunity to grab the iconic character’s skin before the season ends on June 3, 2022.
Apart from Doctor. Strange, a variety of other characters such as the Prowler, Gunnar, The Origin, and several others are also available in the Chapter 3 Season 2 Battle Pass.
Weapon Vaults and Unvaults in Season 2
Like every other season update, Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 has also witnessed a bunch of weapons being vaulted and unvaulted. Here’s a list of all the unvaulted weapons:
- Drum Shotgun
- Thermal AR
- Thermal Fish
Here’s a list of all the vaulted items and weapons in Season 2:
- Heavy Shotgun
- Machine Pistol
- Flare Gun
- Sticky Grenade
Various data miners have also suggested that a few more items could be stepping out of the vault soon. However, we cannot confirm whether these items will be available at any point in the current season or not. Here’s the list of all the items that might be unvaulted soon:
- Infantry Rifle
- Heavy Sniper
As always, a new update means Epic Games have a host of fixes for some of the most frustrating bugs that have been affecting the game, which will hopefully remove some pesky issues and improve the quality of life for fans of the game. The following fixes have been taken from the official Fortnite Trello board.
- Players rarely may find the Discover menu UI unresponsive when using a controller. It can be fixed by exiting and re-entering the Discover menu or switching tabs with the shoulder buttons.
- Some players may find they are showing as being one quest short of completing a ‘Season Bonus Goals’ Milestone. Don’t worry! More season quests are on the way, and there will be more available than required to complete the Bonus Goals.
- When using Performance Mode players may find the tree leaves have a lower resolution than intended. You can set “View Distance” to Epic to resolve this issue and make the Trees appear as expected.
- Continuously holding the hotkey when building and, then double-tapping the edit button results in the key getting stuck and automatically placing build pieces. If players then switch to a weapon the weapon begins auto firing. However, you can work around this issue by simply opening your inventory or performing an emote.
So there you have it – that’s all you need to know about the Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 update. Needless to say, things are heating up on the island and it will be exciting to see how long the Seven’s Resistance lasts against the IO.