Fortnite Battle Royale is into the second week of Season 9, meaning that players have seven brand-new challenges to complete in the hopes of earning those all-important Battle Stars.
The release of the v9.01 update, which introduced the Tactical Assault Rifle to the popular battle royale title, kicked off the second full week of Season 9, meaning a new batch of challenges are also winging their way to the game.
As usual, there are three challenges that can be completed by anyone who owns the game, while another four are exclusive to players who purchased the Season 9 Battle Pass.
The Season 9 Week 2 challenges are officially went live at 8:00 AM EDT / 5:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM BST on Thursday, May 16, but thanks to data miner @Lucas7yoshi_, we already had a good idea as to what we can expect when they officially release.
This week’s challenges see fans of the game travelling around the map, as they must visit five different named locations for the staged challenge, while they’ll also need to keep an eye out for an oversized phone, a big piano and a giant dancing fish trophy that have been scattered around the map.
Fortnite Battle Royale Season 9 Week 2 Challenges
FREE PASS CHALLENGES
- Launch off of Air Vents in different matches (5 Battle Stars)
- Stage Challenge: Land at…
- Land at Snobby Shores (1 Battle Star)
- Land at Fatal Fields (1 Battle Star)
- Land at Sunny Steps (1 Battle Star)
- Land at Dusty Divot (1 Battle Star)
- Land at Happy Hamlet (1 Battle Star)
- Eliminate opponents in Sunny Steps or Shifty Shafts (3 Battle Stars)
BATTLE PASS CHALLENGES
- Deal 500 damage with Pistols to opponents (5 Battle Stars)
- Visit an oversized Phone, a big Piano, and a giant Dancing Fish trophy (5 Battle Stars)
- Search a chest in different named locations in a single match (10 Battle Stars)
- Staged challenge: Eliminate an opponent from at least…
- Eliminate an opponent from at least 50m away (3 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate an opponent from at least 75m away (3 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate an opponent from at least 100m away (4 Battle Stars)
Also new in Season 9 are Fortbytes, which have been scattered across the map. Players can use our handy guide to locate Fortbytes in Fortnite Battle Royale, but can also unlock one by completing any six of the seven weekly challenges.
The Season 9 Week 2 challenges are now live and ready for completion, so hop into the Battle Bus and earn those stars!