Epic Games have announced the v12.60 update for Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2, and we’ve got everything you need to know, including the release time, downtime info, and the unofficial patch notes.
Season 2 is slowly but surely winding down to a close in Fortnite, which means v12.60 might be the last big update we get before Season 3 kicks off on June 4.
With many complaining about the severe lack of new content in the game, even a late-season patch like this one is enough to get a lot of people excited at what it could potentially contain.
When is the Fortnite v12.60 update going live?
Epic announced that v12.60 would hit live servers on Wednesday, May 20, at 11 PM PT / 2 AM ET, which is technically still Tuesday evening for those on the west coast.
There downtime is now over, so you can jump back into the island and check out all the changes for yourself.
Fortnite v12.60 patch notes
Epic no longer reveals full patch notes for their updates, but here’s what we know has changed. The official Fortnite Trello page does list many of the changes, at least when it comes to bug fixes.
- Party Royale
- Grappler and Jetpack added
- Operation: Infiltration
- New Spy Games playlist, extract the intel case from enemy team, or protect your case.
- Dragacorn Glider animation changed, no longer disabled in competitive playlists (players were claiming it was “pay to win”)
- Riot Control Baton Pickaxe issue resolved, no longer disabled in competitive playlists.
- Fixed issue causing hit/damage indicators to sometimes appear to be coming from the wrong direction than the source of the damage.
- PC Controller changes
- In another update next week, Epic will be rolling out changes to aim assist when using a controller on PC. The changes are delayed due to the FNCS finals. “Controller tweaking, tuning, and investigation continues. We have some changes for next steps, but we don’t want to release right before the FNCS Invitational Finals.”
- Players on mobile devices will no longer see a seam running through the middle of an island.
- See all bug fixes in Creative here.
SAVE THE WORLD
- Exploding Deathbombs will no longer deal damage to the objective through builds.
- Fixed issue causing Black Metal Weapons to not respect self-damage amount when performing Critical Hits.
- Dropping or spawning a weapon and picking it up will no longer cause you to lose ammo.
Clouds appearing over The Agency
Players have noticed that clouds appear to be forming a circle over The Agency location on the map, potentially a teaser for a Hurricane?
This possibly ties in with the Doomsday event, expected to lead us into the next season.
Storm the Agency Challenges
There is a new set of challenges too, which tie in with the possibility of a Hurricane at The Agency.
It’s not clear yet what Epic has planned for this map location, but a leak previously indicated big changes are on the way.