Call of Duty CS:GO Fortnite League of Legends Overwatch Apex Entertainment FIFA Dota2 Smash PUBG World of Warcraft Pokemon Gaming Dexerto TV About Contact
 
Fortnite Battle Royale • Aug 28, 2019

Former CoD pro Censor reveals why he wouldn't compete in Fortnite

Former CoD pro Censor reveals why he wouldn't compete in Fortnite
Censor - YouTube / Epic Games

Former Call of Duty pro Doug ‘Censor’ Martin has revealed why he loves the popularity of Fortnite, but confirmed he never wants to make the switch to the battle royale.

Advertisement

After the success of the Fortnite World Cup showed the entire gaming community the power of the battle royale in a competitive setting, many professional players have been considering making the switch to Epic’s globally-popular shooter.

One veteran gamer that won’t ever be making the switch, however, is Censor, who revealed he loves Call of Duty too much to make the swap. He still has a love for Fortnite though, especially what it has done to boost the gaming community to a new level.

Advertisement

“Fortnite changed gaming forever, Fortnite is freaking amazing,” said Censor in a video dedicated to addressing his thoughts on the battle royale. “Fortnite is life for a lot of people. Look at the thousands of creators making hundreds of thousands every single year.”

“Any kid out there that watches this, and you’re thinking ‘Dude I want to do that,’ go do it! Don’t waste your time. Do it 110%, that’s what I always preach. Who doesn’t want to be a pro gamer making multiple millions of dollars? That’s amazing.”

Epic Games
Kyle 'Bugha' Giersdorf is the highest profile earner in Fortnite after winning the World Cup.

Advertisement

Censor compared the boom of the professional and streaming Fortnite scenes to when he first entered CoD competitively. The former FaZe Clan champion began his career during Black Ops in 2011, and found major success during Advanced Warfare.

“I started out in gaming making nothing, I was winning majors making a few thousand dollars. These guys making that in a few hours streaming,” said Censor. “I love seeing these guys grow and try to make careers in gaming.”

MLG
Censor retired from the professional Call of Duty scene for the second time in 2018.

Advertisement

Despite the praise, Censor confirmed what everyone already knew suspected: “For me, I don’t enjoy Fornite, Call of Duty is life. Modern Warfare is coming out, franchising is coming, I can’t wait. For anyone out there that loves Fortnite, play Fortnite, enjoy it.

“I still support it, don’t get me wrong. Just personally I loved seasons one to three where I could just hop on, point and shoot, and building something simple. Now it’s all ‘duh duh duh, turbo build, pew pew pew.’ You guys do your thing. I’m staying in Call of Duty.”

Advertisement

Censor is currently a free agent ahead of the new franchised Call of Duty League. He announced his return to the pro scene early last week, after retiring from the scene for the second time in 2018.

Here's something new from Dexerto: Why only Fallen can save Brazilian CSGO

Read more about:
Censor