The latest update for Fortnite, v6.02, was headlined by the addition of the Quad Launcher, which does pretty much what it says on the tin, firing four rockets in quick succession.
There are concerns from some players that there are too many explosive weapons and items now, and that another wasn't needed, but there is a possibility that another item could be 'vaulted' to make way.
The Quad Launcher was actually already in Fortnite, but only available in the Save the World mode, not Battle Royale, and so it was only a matter of time before it was added to the more popular of the two modes.
Epic has already released footage of what the Quad Launcher will look like in game, along with the basic information about the weapon.
Like many 'Epic' and 'Legendary' rarity items, you will only be able to find the Quad Launcher in supply drops, chests and vending machines.
- Fire up to four lobbed rockets in quick succession.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- 80/84 base damage per rocket.
- 300 unit explosion radius.
- Can be found in chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
Also, for those worried that there are now too many explosive weapons, Epic has actually increased the drop rates of numerous other explosive weapons, only decreasing the Rare Rocket Launcher.
- Decreased Rare Grenade Launcher drop chance from 1.45% to 0.99%
- Increased Epic Rocket Launcher drop chance from 0.59% to 0.66%
- Increased Legendary Rocket Launcher drop chance from 0.08% to 0.21%
- Increased Epic Guided Missile drop chance from 0.11% to 0.2%
- Increased Legendary Guided Missile drop chance from 0.03% to 0.05%
- More: New 'Bone Chilling Gear' coming soon to Fortnite, possibly including the rare 'Skull Trooper' skin
It's not clear why this has been done, but it is clear that Epic Games doesn't agree with fans saying there are too many explosive weapons in play.
With an almost doubling of the drop rate for the Legendary Rocket Launcher and the Epic Guided Missile, this new Quad Launcher might not be the only launcher you see being used frequently.