It looks like Fortnite Battle Royale’s first take on custom games, called “Playground Mode”, is finally going to be released. Here’s everything we know about it so far.
A full month after they originally announced that they were working on a Limited Time Mode called “Playground Mode”, the Fortnite developers finally provided an update in the June 24th daily news section to say it is “coming soon”.
While this doesn’t give us an exact date for the release, form would suggest that it will be part of the next patch, or update, which is expected to be released on Tuesday, June 26th.
Fans of the game initially hoped that Playground Mode would allow them to fully customize private matches but Epic Games employee JShredz later stated on Reddit that this would not be the case due to communication with the servers being “central to how the game is run”.
- Read More: Challenges for Week 9 of Season 4 in Fortnite Battle Royale Leaked Online - Taco Shops and Shopping Carts
However, it sounds like this could potentially have changed as the June 24th announcement clearly states “Let your creativity run wild on your own private island!”.
While some of the information that we have about the new Limited Time Mode comes from leaks and datamined game files, Epic Games has confirmed a few key ingredients. Below you can find everything that we know for sure so far.
Playground Mode Features:
- Will load you into the Battle Royale Map with some adjusted settings - Confirmed
- Increased resource generation - Confirmed
- Extended period of time to roam around the map - Confirmed
- All treasure chests and ammo crates will be spawned - Confirmed
- Friendly Fire will be enabled - Confirmed
- Playing or practicing as a full squad will be allowed - Confirmed
- Players will respawn instantly when eliminated - Confirmed
- Increased Llama Spawns - Confirmed
If you’re interested in the leaked information, the most important one came from Slenderguy2005 on Reddit and included some potential new items.
Among these new items are “Airstrike Grenades”, “Beehive Grenades”, “Chili Peppers”, and even something called “Durrable” (potentially linked to Durr Burger) that affects both health and movement speed.
The leaked files, and what the new items will supposedly do, can be found below.