With Fortnite Season 9 on the horizon, Epic Games revealed some of the bugs that will be fixed with the new patch including numerous audio issues.
The teasers have officially begun for the upcoming Fortnite season which indicates it's right on the horizon. As players speculate about what the theme will be, we have some concrete changes to look at.
There's always a lot of hype as a new season approaches as it usually means a variety of changes, but at this point in Fortnite's life there are a lot of bugs that need to be looked at.
Several audio fixes are coming
With the start of Season 9, Epic Games revealed the fixes that will be coming that will hopefully alleviate some of the community's issues with audio in Fortnite.
There have been complaints for quite some time now about footsteps, especially while inside a building where you can't tell if they're coming from above or below.
With Tilted Towers being completely wiped out with the last event, players don't have to worry about having this issue quite as much but this will still be a problem in late-game build battles where players are all over the place.
Epic Games says these fixes are coming as a direct result of community feedback, showing that they still do listen to the community with certain things. There probably won't be a revert though so you can let go of that pipe dream.
There's a lot to look forward to with this update and you can read through the full list of changes below, as laid out by their post on Reddit.
You can look forward to these changes and more with the official 9.0 patch when Season 9 drops.
Release 9.0 Audio fixes and updates:
- Switch audio dropout issues fixed.
- Better tactical audio when inside player-built structures:
- Enemy Pickaxe impact within ~one building tile radius has new, louder sound.
- Wallbreak by enemy close/behind player much clearer/louder.
- Explosion audio improvements- shorter, higher dynamic range sounds that will make explosion audio clearer and punchier.
Release 9.0 open audio issues:
- Fix for PC audio device swap issues; we are planning to have this for the 9.1 release.
What we’re working on for the upcoming season:
- Fix for footstep sounds on the edge of structures gives audio as if you're walking on the ground.
- Better hear the approach of enemy players outside player-built structures.
- Better audio tells for jump/landing:
- Jump tell audio added (so bunny-hopping isn’t as noiseless).
- Clearer landing sound detection.
- Improvements to issues of sounds dropping outside of player FOV.
- Improvement of close versus distant player gliding sounds, to help clarify distance of gliding enemies.
- Longer sounds properly playing during Replays.
- Improved differentiation of teammate versus enemy audio.
- Internal testing of binaural/HRTF solution that will be a great help to headphone players, as well as other spatialization improvements.
As a reminder, the best way to inform us of your bugs is following the below format:
- replay URL
- time code of issue
- display name of player followed via gameplay view
- description of issue