If you play Fortnite Battle Royale on Xbox or PlayStation, you should absolutely link your Xbox Live or PSN account to an Epic Games account - but it can be trickier than you think.
The extremely popular battle royale game Fortnite owes much of its popularity to its availability on consoles - which sets it apart from the majority PC exclusive games in the genre.
However, playing on console does have a slight caveat, as while you can if you wish play without linking an Epic Games account, it is very much recommended that you do.
Essentially, with all the new 'seasons', skins, gliders, emotes and more that you can rank up and unlock (or simply purchase with cold hard cash i.e. V-Bucks), linking an Epic Games account to your console service is imperative.
But, many players on console intitially and still do, ignore the in-game reminders to link your accounts up, thinking it an unnecessary hassle.
However, if the Scottish boy who lost £400 worth of Fortnite gear taught us anything - it is that you must link your account.
Thankfully, reddit user SublimeBudd17 has created an excellent guide on how to link your accounts up and keep all your progress- even if you haven't done it after months of Fortnite gameplay.
How to link your XBL/PSN account to Epic Games
(If you screwed up by saying 'No Thank You' the first time!)
- DO NOT Enter your XBL/PSN information while trying to create a new Epic Games Account to link back to your XBL/PSN.
- 1. Clear your browser history and cookies - or use 'incognito' mode. This will prevent your browser trying to automatically log you in to Epic's site.
- 2. Make a brand new e-mail account - specifically for Fortnite.
- 3. Go to Fortnite.com and sign in with your XBL/PSN information in the top right hand corner.
- 4. A new page should say 'Almost Finished' at the top.
- 5. Enter your new e-mail address, and choose a new gamertag - this GT will be used on mobile and PC, but XBL/PSN will stay the same.