The holiday season has officially arrived for Fortnite fans, as Epic Games launch the special Winterfest event full of gifts and challenges that players can complete to earn rewards, starting on December 18.
Fans of the popular battle royale game have been eagerly anticipating the release of the winter event, which many believed would go live on December 17. The big day came and went, but the release of the v11.31 Update on December 18 saw the festive frenzy kick off with a bang, introducing the Winterfest Lodge alongside a host of treats for those eager to experience Christmas with Epic Games.
Every day from December 18 to January 2, players will be able to head to the Winterfest Lodge by clicking on the snowflake tab at the top of the main menu, and choose a gift to open, or a challenge to take on.
Throughout Winterfest, Epic Games will add a brand-new challenge to the Lodge stocking every single day, meaning you need to keep checking back daily to get your next task, and earn your next reward.
Fortnite Winterfest Challenges and how to complete them
- Day 1 - Search Holiday Stocking in the Winterfest Lodge: This challenge is relatively simple. Simply click on the snowflake tab at the top of the main menu, head into the Lodge, and click on the Stocking hanging on the fireplace.
- Day 1 - Deal damage to opponents with a Snowball Launcher: Another straight-forward challenge, players will need to find the Snowball Launcher in a Chest or from ground loot, and deal 200 damage to enemy players with it.
- Day 2 - Another easy challenge, players will need to keep an eye for a Cozy Campfire, as they'll need to stoke the embers and set it ablaze. You don't even have to be healed from it to complete this challenge, so just light up the first Campfire you see to earn yourself the Holiday Sweater Banner. If you're struggling to find them, you can use our guide including a map of every Cozy Campfire location.
- Day 3 - The third day of Winterfest challenges asks players to find five eliminations using Unvaulted weapons. Throughout the event, weapons from the past will return to the game in the 'Home for the Holidays' portion of Winterfest, with Epic asking players to find kills using these items. You can keep track of the current Unvaulted weapon using our guide.
- Day 4 - Hide inside a Sneaky Snowman in different matches: For this very straight forward challenge, you'll simply need to find two Sneaky Snowmen on the map and use them to hide. Unfortunately, you'll have to do it twice over two different games to complete the task. Once completed, you'll earn the Shaolin Sip, an Uncommon emote.
- Day 5 - Warm yourself by the fireplace at the Winterfest cabin: The easiest challenge so far, you simply need to interact with the fireplace at the same cabin where you open the stocking and presents.
- Day 6 - Get your dancing shoes on, because you'll need to jive in front of Christmas Trees in named locations to complete this Winterfest challenge.
- Day 7 - Speed is the name of the game, as you need to search a chest within 60 seconds of landing at from the Battle Bus if you hope to grab today's rewards.
- Day 8 - Keep an eye out for Present items from chests, as you'll need to use two of them to complete this challenge.
- Day 9 - This challenge might get a little chilly, as you'll need to grab items from Frozen loot blocks which are dotted around the map.
- Day 10 - Santa may have been good this year, but you'll be giving out coal to your opponents as you'll need to deal damage with the item to complete Day 10.
- Day 11 - You might get frosty, as you'll need to go out on the hunt to destroy some Sneaky Snowman when completing Day 11's challenge.
- Day 12 - Time to take down those Christmas decorations, shoot the hanging Snowflakes you come across in-game to get Day 12's reward.
- Day 13 - In order to complete the Day 13 Winterfest challenge, players are going to need to search through at least two of the Ice Boxes that are scattered around the map.
- Day 14 - You will need to visit Crackshot’s Cabin, Mr. Polar’s Artisanal Ice, and The Workshop in order to complete Day 14's Winterfest challenge.
- Day 15 - Players are going to have to set off frozen fireworks for Day 15 of Winterfest in order to land themselves with yet another reward.
- Day 16 - To complete the final Fortnite Winterfest challenge, you will need to search Ammo Boxes at The Workshop, Shiver Inn or Ice Throne.
For those who are impatient though, data miner @FortTory has released a list of upcoming challenges that will be added to the game over the festive period. You can view the tasks below.
- Stoke a Campfire (1)
- Eliminations with an Unvaulted Weapon (5)
- Hide inside a Sneaky Snowman in different matches (2)
- Warm yourself by the fireplace in the Winterfest Cabin (1)
- Dance at Holiday trees in different Named Locations (5)
- Search a chest within 60 seconds after landing from the Battle Bus (1)
- Use Presents! (2)
- Open Frozen Loot (1)
- Deal damage to an opponent with a Lump of Coal (1)
- Search Ice Boxes (2)
- Light a Frozen Firework found on beaches in Sweaty Sands, Craggy Cliffs, or Dirty Docks (1)
- Search Ammo Boxes at The Workshop, Shiver Inn, or Ice Throne (2)
Fortnite fans will also be able to open gifts in the Winterfest Lodge, with a new parcel ready to be unwrapped every day.
Players will be able to unlock two new Skins, two Gliders, two Pickaxes, two Wraps, and some secret items that have yet to be unveiled.
Classic weapons and Limited Time Modes will also be returning, with the ‘Home for the Holidays’ event seeing some fan-favorites exit the Vault on a daily rotation until January 2.