Fortnite Battle Royale has had a lot of changes since the start of Season 9, but one of the most interesting is the addition of new Fortbyte items that can be found across the map, allowing players to unlock new items not seen in the Battle Pass.
A series of Fortbyte challenges were added to the popular battle royale game with the v9.00 update to kick off the new season on May 9, and the more tasks players complete from that list, the more Fortbytes they can collect.
There's going to be a total of 100 of these files to find during Season 9, but cannot all be found at once as Epic Games has not yet set all of the challenges live.
There will be 100 Forbytes available for Fortnite Battle Royale players to collect in Season 9.
The challenges will take a lot more grinding than the general weekly challenges that seasoned Fortnite Battle Royale gamers will have come accustomed to, and they're only available to Season 9 Battle Pass owners.
Finding the small rectangular items can be a tough task, though, even after completing the challenge to unlock them, as they're hidden in some places you might not think to look. So, let's make things a little bit easier for you and take a look at all of the locations where you can currently find them across the map.
Fortbyte locations map for Season 9 (Updated on May 25)
All of the Fortbyte locations we know about in Fortnite Season 9 so far.
There have been a lot of Fortbytes made available for players to unlock so far in Fortnite Season 9 and their locations span all across the map, as seen in the graphic above.
One of the main advantage of collecting these files is that they all count towards decrypting a mystery image, which can be found in the challenges tab in the game's menus. The more files you collect, the more the puzzle will slowly reveal itself to be an image - which could lead to a clue about something later in Season 9.
Fortnite Battle Royale's Fortbytes will eventually reveal a Season 9 mystery image, potentially a clue to new content.
The full list of available Fortbyte challenges can be found below, but not all have been revealed so far...
All available Fortnite Season 9 Fortbytes - May 25, 2019
Fortbytes 1-25 bracket
- Fortbyte 1: Awarded for gaining 175,000 XP
- Fortbyte 6: Found using Yay! Emote at an ice cream shop in the desert
- Fortbyte 7: Found using the cuddle up emoticon inside a rocky umbrella
- Fortbyte 8: Found within Junk Junction
- Fortbyte 10: Awarded for gaining 60,000 XP
- Fortbyte 13: Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen #2
- Fortbyte 16: Found in the desert house with too many chairs
- Fortbyte 17: Found inside a wooden fish building
- Fortbyte 22: Can be found using the Rox Spray in the Underpass by Neo Tilted
- Fortbyte 24: Found within Fatal Fields
- Fortbyte 25: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 40
- Fortbyte 35: Awarded for gaining 225,000 XP
- Fortbyte 36: Can be found on a frozen island between Frosty Flight and Happy Hamlet
- Fortbyte 39: Awarded for completing 6 of the Week 2 challenges
- Fortbyte 41: Can be found by using the Tomatohead spray in Neo Tilted restaurant
- Fortbyte 44: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 20
- Fortbyte 46: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 100
- Fortbyte 47: Found between a Reboot Van, pirate camp, and crashed Battle Bus
- Fortbyte 55: Found in Haunted Hills
- Fortbyte 57: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 25 times
- Fortbyte 64: Can be found by Rox on top of Stunt Mountain
- Fortbyte 66: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 75 times
- Fortbyte 71: Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week
- Fortbyte 72: Found at Salty Springs
- Fortbyte 77: Found within a trackside taco shop
- Fortbyte 81: Can be found in the daytime near a mountain top cactus wedge
- Fortbyte 82: Can be found by solving pressure plate puzzle NW of The Block
- Fortbyte 84: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 60
- Fortbyte 85: Awarded for gaining 30,000 XP
- Fortbyte 87: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 50 times
- Fortbyte 90: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 100 times
- Fortbyte 92: Can be found using Rock Love Spray near a lavafall
- Fortbyte 96: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 80
- Fortbyte 99: Awarded for gaining 125,000 XP
As more and more Fortbytes are made available for players to find, we will continue to update this article - and our map - with further locations in the future.
LAST UPDATED: MAY 25, 2019 - 10:19AM (EST)