Fortnite Battle Royale players have been given the opportunity to collect Fortbytes throughout the course of Season 9 and if you collect enough of them you can grab a brand new skin! So, let's take a look at where you can find them.
A series of Fortbyte challenges were added to the popular battle royale game with the v9.00 update to kick off the new season on May 9, and the more tasks players complete from that list, the more Fortbytes they can collect.
There's a total of 100 of these files to find during Season 9, but cannot all be found at once as Epic Games has not yet set all of the challenges live.
There will be 100 Forbytes available for Fortnite Battle Royale players to collect in Season 9.
The challenges will take a lot more grinding than the general weekly challenges that seasoned Fortnite Battle Royale gamers will have come accustomed to, and they're only available to Season 9 Battle Pass owners.
Finding the small rectangular items can be a tough task, though, even after completing the challenge to unlock them, as they're hidden in some places you might not think to look. So, let's make things a little bit easier for you and take a look at all of the locations where you can currently find them across the map.
Fortbyte locations map for Season 9 (Updated on July 19)
All of the Fortbyte locations we know about in Fortnite Season 9 so far.
The majority of Fortbytes have been made available for players to unlock so far in Fortnite Season 9 and their locations span all across the map, as seen in the graphic above.
One of the main advantage of collecting these files is that they all count towards decrypting a mystery image, which can be found in the challenges tab in the game's menus. The more files you collect, the more the puzzle will slowly reveal itself to be an image - which could lead to a clue about something later in Season 9.
Unlock the new Singularity skin with Fortbytes!
Epic Games have revealed that players who collect 90 or more of these Fortbytes across the map will be rewarded with a brand new skin.
The elusive cosmetic, which can be seen below, is waiting for players to collect. All they have to do is commit to a treasure hunt for these little pieces of the puzzle and soon they could be running around in the new Singularity skin! Full guide here.
Fortnite Battle Royale players who have collected enough Fortbytes can unlock a brand new skin!
The full list of available Fortbyte challenges can be found below, but not all have been revealed so far...
All available Fortnite Season 9 Fortbytes (July 19, 2019)
Fortbytes 1-25 bracket
- Fortbyte 1: Awarded for gaining 175,000 XP
- Fortbyte 2: Found at a location hidden within loading screen #6
- Fortbyte 3: Accessible by using the skull trooper emoji at the western most point
- Fortbyte 4: Accessible by skydiving through the rings above Loot Lake with the Plasma Trail Contrails equipped
- Fortbyte 5: Accessible by using the Laid Back Shuffle Emote inside a dance club
- Fortbyte 6: Found using Yay! Emote at an ice cream shop in the desert
- Fortbyte 7: Found using the cuddle up emoticon inside a rocky umbrella
- Fortbyte 8: Found within Junk Junction
- Fortbyte 10: Awarded for gaining 60,000 XP
- Fortbyte 11: Found beneath a circling jungle parrot is today’s new Fortbyte challenge
- Fortbyte 12: Accessible by using the Nana Nana Spray inside a molten tunnel
- Fortbyte 13: Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen #2
- Fortbyte 14: Found within an RV park
- Fortbyte 16: Found in the desert house with too many chairs
- Fortbyte 17: Found inside a wooden fish building
- Fortbyte 18: Found somewhere between Mega Mall and Dusty Divot
- Fortbyte 19: Accessible with the Vega outfit inside a spaceship building
- Fortbyte 20: Found at the center of any of the first three Storm Circles
- Fortbyte 21: Found inside a metal llama building
- Fortbyte 22: Can be found using the Rox Spray in the Underpass by Neo Tilted
- Fortbyte 23: Found between an RV campsite, a gas station, and a monstrous footprint
- Fortbyte 24: Found within Fatal Fields
- Fortbyte 25: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 40
- Fortbyte 26: Accessible with Bunkey Jonesy outfit near a snowy bunker
- Fortbyte 27: Found somewhere within map location A4
- Fortbyte 28: Accessible by solving the pattern match puzzle outside a desert junkyard
- Fortbyte 29: Found underneath the tree in Crackshot’s Cabin
- Fortbyte 30: Found somewhere between Haunted Hills and Pleasant Park
- Fortbyte 31: Can be found at a meteor crater overlook
- Fortbyte 32: Can be found by wearing the Kyo Pet backbling at the most Northern point
- Fortbyte 33: Found at a location hidden in loading screen 10
- Fortbyte 34: Found between a fork and knife location
- Fortbyte 35: Awarded for gaining 225,000 XP
- Fortbyte 36: Can be found on a frozen island between Frosty Flight and Happy Hamlet
- Fortbyte 37: Found inside a disaster bunker basement in Pleasant Park
- Fortbyte 39: Awarded for completing 6 of the Week 2 challenges
- Fortbyte 40: Accessible wearing the Demi outfit on a sundial in the desert
- Fortbyte 41: Can be found by using the Tomatohead spray in Neo Tilted restaurant
- Fortbyte 43: Accessible By Wearing The Nana Cape Back Bling Inside A Banana Stand
- Fortbyte 44: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 20
- Fortbyte 46: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 100
- Fortbyte 47: Found between a Reboot Van, pirate camp, and crashed Battle Bus
- Fortbyte 48: Accessible by using the Vox Pickaxe to smash the gnome beside a mountain top throne
- Fortbyte 49: Found in Trog's ice cave
- Fortbyte 50: Accessible at night time inside mountain top castle ruins
- Fortbyte 51: Accessible by using cluck strut in front of Peely's Banana Stand
- Fortbyte 52: Accessible with Bot Spray inside a Robot Factory.
- Fortbyte 53: Accessible by helping to raise the disco ball at an abandoned mountain top villain lair
- Fortbyte 55: Found in Haunted Hills
- Fortbyte 57: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 25 times
- Fortbyte 58: Accessible by using the Sad Trombone Emote at the north end of Snobby Shores
- Fortbyte 59: Accessible with Durrr! Emoji inside Pizza Pit restaurant
- Fortbyte 60: Accessible with Sign Spinner Emote in front of the happy Oink restaurant
- Fortbyte 61: Accessible by using Sunbird Spray on a frozen waterfall
- Fortbyte 62: Accessible with the Stratus outfit within an abandoned mansion
- Fortbyte 63: Found somewhere between Lucky Landing and Fatal Fields
- Fortbyte 64: Can be found by Rox on top of Stunt Mountain
- Fortbyte 65: Found in a basement budget movie studio
- Fortbyte 66: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 75 times
- Fortbyte 67: Found at a location hidden in loading screen 8
- Fortbyte 68: Found within a snowy town book shop
- Fortbyte 69: Found inside a stone pig building
- Fortbyte 70: Accessible by skydiving through the rings above Lazy Lagoon with the Vibrant Contrails
- Fortbyte 71: Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week
- Fortbyte 72: Found at Salty Springs
- Fortbyte 73: Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 6
- Fortbyte 74: Found in a filing cabinet inside an assassin’s basement on the desert coast
- Fortbyte 75: Found within an airport hanger
- Fortbyte 76: Found behind a historical diorama in an insurance building
- Fortbyte 77: Found within a trackside taco shop
- Fortbyte 78: Found within a Ranger tower overlooking a drained lake
- Fortbyte 80: Found using the Bunker Basher pickaxe at the highest point of the Volcano Rim
- Fortbyte 81: Can be found in the daytime near a mountain top cactus wedge
- Fortbyte 82: Can be found by solving pressure plate puzzle NW of The Block
- Fortbyte 83: Found in a rock garden near the coast
- Fortbyte 84: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 60
- Fortbyte 85: Awarded for gaining 30,000 XP
- Fortbyte 86: Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 8.
- Fortbyte 87: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 50 times
- Fortbyte 88: Found somewhere in Map location J3
- Fortbyte 89: Accessible by flying the Scarlet Strike Glider through the rings east of Snobby Shores
- Fortbyte 90: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 100 times
- Fortbyte 91: Found at a location hidden in loading screen 4
- Fortbyte 92: Can be found using Rock Love Spray near a lavafall
- Fortbyte 94: Accessible using the Scarlet Scythe pickaxe to smash a blue canoe under a frozen lake
- Fortbyte 95: Found at a Solar panel array in the jungle
- Fortbyte 96: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 80
- Fortbyte 97: Accessible by flying the Retaliator Glider though the rings under the southern most sky platform
- Fortbyte 98: Found within a viking loghouse
- Fortbyte 99: Awarded for gaining 125,000 XP
- Fortbyte 100: Found on the highest floor of the tallest building in Neo Tilted
Fortbyte complete image sneak peek
The full image that comes together after finding all of the available Fortbytes has been revealed by dataminer FortTory and can be found below.
If you want to find all of them first to reveal the image, enjoy the grind and turn away now.
It looks like a big Cattus vs Doggus battle is coming up in Fortnite.