The next FIFA 22 promo is expected to be Fantasy FUT, this year’s version of the popular What If event from previous years. Here’s everything we know about the campaign so far, from the expected start date to the concept behind it.
FIFA 22 players have had no shortage of promos to sink their teeth into recently. FUT Birthday was a big hit among the community, and the Silver Stars Series offered a refreshing change of pace to the usual FUT fare.
But there’s always another promo on the horizon, and fans are already looking ahead to what comes next. If leaks are to be believed, Fantasy FUT is next up on the calendar, a brand new event for FIFA 22.
Here’s everything we know about FIFA 22 Fantasy FUT so far, including the start date and how the upgrades are expected to work.
Fantasy FUT starts on Friday, March 18, 2022, with the first batch of cards hitting packs at 6 PM GMT.
Full Fantasy FUT Team 1
The entire Fantasy FUT Team 1 set has been revealed:
- Allan Saint-Maximin (Newcastle United) – 92
- Alvaro Odriozola (Fiorentina) – 86
- Dominik Kohr (Mainz) – 85
- Donny van de Beek (Everton)
- Eduardo Camavinga (Real Madrid (87)
- Inaki Williams (Athletic Bilbao) – 87
- Jerome Roussillon (Wolfsburg) – 85
- John Stones (Manchester City)
- Jose Maria Gimenez (Atletico Madrid) – 90
- Keita Balde (Cagliari) – 86
- Kevin Klostermann (RB Leipzig) – 86
- Marcus Rashford (Manchester United) – 93
- Nani (Venezia) – 91
- Pedro (Lazio) – 88
With initial boosts, and beginning 1 Apr, the chance for players to earn up to +3 OVR upgrades based on their individual contributions.
— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) March 18, 2022
FIFA 22 Fantasy FUT Team 2 start date
The event is expected to run for two weeks, so we’re also expecting a second lot of Fantasy FUT players on Friday, March 25, 2022.
Fantasy FUT is likely to be FIFA 22’s answer to the What If promo that saw great success in last year’s game.
Players can expect to see their favorite FUT stars given drastically juiced-up cards, which can then be upgraded further if their real-life counterparts meet certain criteria.
For example, leaks have suggested that every Fantasy FUT player will have three opportunities to be boosted. They will receive a +1 rating if they:
- Play in three out of the next five matches
- Win one out of the next five matches
- Score or assist once (ATK / MID) in the next five matches
- Keep one clean sheet (DEF / GK) in the next five matches
Based on the name “Fantasy FUT,” EA seems to be doubling down on the fantasy football concept, so expect these new cards to be closely tied to how real-world matches play out, and how individual players perform.
That was everything we know so far about FIFA 22 Fantasy FUT! More and more details should emerge as we get close to the start date, so be sure to check back here for the latest update. For more of the latest news and guides, head over to our dedicated FIFA page.