The second team of Future Stars have officially been revealed. The brightest stars expected to define the future of football have received massive rating boosts reflective of their elite potential. 14 more Future Stars now join FIFA Ultimate Team, and are available in packs.
The Future Stars program was introduced in FIFA 19, and made a return to FIFA 20’s Ultimate Team mode late in January 2020. Players under the age of 23 viewed to have star potential are eligible for the program, and the huge boost to their rating represents their expected peak if they achieve their full potential.
The first Future Stars squad was revealed a week prior, on January 31, highlighted by some terrific, highly-rated young talents like João Félix, Ousmane Dembélé, and Mason Greenwood.
A new set of footballers with bright futures joins them on January 7th, with names like Federico Valverde, Callum Hudson-Odoi, and Erling Braut Haaland standing out.
We will talk ?️ about them for years to come.
— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) February 7, 2020
Full list of Future Stars Team Two (with adjusted ratings)
- Erling Braut Haaland, ST for Borussia Dortmund (92)
- Lautaro Martinez, ST for Inter (92)
- Federico Valverde, CM for Real Madrid (91)
- Exequiel Palacios, CM for Bayer 04 Leverkusen (89)
- Callum Hudson-Odoi, LM for Chelsea (89)
- Ismaïla Sarr, RM for Watford (88)
- Youri Tielemans, CM for Leicester City (88)
- Dani Olmo, CAM for RB Leipzig (88)
- Jonathan Ikoné, CAM for LOSC Lille (87)
- Luiz Felipe, CB for Lazio (87)
- Renan Lodi, LB for Atlético de Madrid (87)
- Donyell Malen, ST for PSV (86)
- Fikayo Tomori, CB for Chelsea (87)
- Thilo Kehrer, CB for Paris Saint-Germain (85)
Alongside the new Future Stars team is a new SBC and objective. Arsenal’s Scottish defender Kieran Tierney (86) is available in the newest Squad Based Challenge, and LOSC Lille striker Victor Osimhen can be upgraded from 79 up to 88.
With 94 for shooting, pace, and physical stats, and a 90 for dribbling, the young Norwegian in Haaland is an absolutely lethal finisher. He and the Argentian striker for Inter would be a lethal forward combo, as all four of the same stats for Martinez are in the 90s as well.
Similar to the first Future Stars team, the second squad isn’t ideal for players trying to acquire the very best defenders. The top eight rated players are either forwards or midfielders, and the four backs are among the six lowest-rated players on the team.
But fans of Chelsea have a chance at two players, with the midfielder Hudson-Odoi and center back Tomori, who are both English players.
All 14 players have been drastically boosted from their original stats and are now available in packs for the next week. All Gold and Promo packs have a less than 1% chance of landing a Future Stars player, except for the Jumbo Promo pack that has a 2.9% chance.